bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 8, 10 12:41 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Apr 8, 10 12:49 AM
Well, I've just finished the first chapter of this and am hooked The premise of the game is similar to 3 Cards (in fact I wonder if it's by the same developers, as has very similar music too), in that the protagonist is hypnotised to access memories/ dreams. He has to find 9 keys. I found the first key at the end of the chapter, and it took me half an hour (I was playing at a normal speed, enjoying the graphics and music), so I would estimate this would take me about 3-4 hrs to finish - I know I will speed up a bit when I have got used to the gameplay. Each chapter seems to have 3 mini-games/puzzles in it as well, which is nice. They aren't particularly hard (Chap 1 had a wheel picture one, a swap the tiles one and a little one when you open a safe) but keep things interesting.

I am off to buy this one so it is waiting for me when I get back from work

So far, I am going to give it a ...

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Apr 8, 10 1:03 AM
Hey, Rachieroos, you've beaten me to it!! Just what I was going to say. I finished Chapter 1 in about half an hour too and will definitely buy.

Lovely clear graphics, nice and bright, unlike some games we've been offered lately, and the H.O.s are hidden with just the right amount of difficulty. As you say, nothing special about the puzzles, but I have a good feeling about this game.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 8, 10 1:19 AM
Downloading it now. I hope this one is better than the recent games that have come out. I really do miss a good IHOG. Lets cross our fingers.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Apr 8, 10 1:21 AM
This one is a winner for me also. I am stuck at the safe at the moment.

[Post New]by Sarahlj185 on Apr 8, 10 1:27 AM
Love this game! this is making me think more than most hidden object games, so will definately buy it. Will keep me occupied on holiday next week.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 8, 10 1:30 AM
I found this to be totally frustrating and quit with 15 minutes left. Received items that didn't have a name and didn't know what to use them for. I could have used a Walkthrough for this one. The graphics were just okay but wish there had been some more instructions as to where or what to do next. This is the 3rd night in a row that I am disappointed. I guess we all have our preferences but this one is definitely not for me. I'm sad since I really need something new.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Apr 8, 10 1:31 AM
Liking it so far, my trial hour is just up and I have found two keys, so with a total of 9 to find I would reckon I've got at least 2 hours to go.

One negative comment, there are absolutely no instructions, so inexperienced ihoggers would perhaps struggle a bit.

Quite a few poppy points, but haven't worked yet just how many!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Apr 8, 10 1:53 AM
Any help ? Anywhere ? Lucky clever old you ! I,ve got a hammer and a bunch of keys and just don't know what to do with them. They work nowhere. I allready have trouble with Syberia, it does not seem I'm going to buy this one !

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 8, 10 1:56 AM
Poutoule wrote:Any help ? Anywhere ? Lucky clever old you ! I,ve got a hammer and a bunch of keys and just don't know what to do with them. They work nowhere. I allready have trouble with Syberia, it does not seem I'm going to buy this one !

Hi Poutoule

Highlight below for spoiler
use the hammer on the glowing blue vase
use keys on door to right of vase

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 1:57:44 AM PST

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 8, 10 2:27 AM
tuttepeever wrote:I found this to be totally frustrating and quit with 15 minutes left. Received items that didn't have a name and didn't know what to use them for. I could have used a Walkthrough for this one. The graphics were just okay but wish there had been some more instructions as to where or what to do next. This is the 3rd night in a row that I am disappointed. I guess we all have our preferences but this one is definitely not for me. I'm sad since I really need something new.
I totally have to agree and found myself getting frustrated with the rooms, too- going back and forth, I did find the cat though. I am sure something will come out soon. Some people are actually talking about Crime and Punishment, I am eager to check that one out. TMann

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 2:34:01 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 8, 10 2:47 AM
Bought it! Beautiful graphics and interesting puzzles/storyline. Don't know about the replay value though.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Apr 8, 10 2:50 AM
If that dragon makes ONE MORE SOUND.....o if only I could coldcock it w/ the stupid hammer! Can ya?

TWO wrong clicks takes away your cursor for a sec in a random clicking what shall I do next game? So far the sole HOs scene I've had is so EZ as to be insulting, it's just a matter of picking thru little junkpiles, objects are not hidden. Key puzzle to unlock the door is so BTDT LOL & not hard at all. Graphix aren't bad for being obvs Poser-ish-computer-program-generated but the little bit of voice acting is awful & character animation jerky. Piano music getting on my nerves in 8 min flat, please whack another note for variety. Def a game to turn the sound down on if not off entirely. NO option to disable custom cursor & since I haven't needed a hint yet, dunno about those. The whole jeez my dreams are making me insane theme is getting as old as the intrepid archaeologist girl. I would've bought him stumbling into a fantasy realm w/ more enthusiasm.

At least I have more kaching for the bookstore these last cpl mos w/ all the lousy HOGs that have come out.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 8, 10 2:57 AM
I liked this game so much I bought it after only 20 minutes of the trial. Def gets the brain cells going; is there/will there be a walkthrough?
Thanks BFGs for another entertaining iHOG!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 8, 10 3:30 AM
Played for about 15 minutes. Thought the graphics were average at best and the music is ok. Hidden object scenes - only named 3 objects at a time which I didn't like, prefer an entire list. Objects received were not named and one I had no idea what it was. Don't think I will be buying this one tho I am hanging out for a decent IHOG game.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 8, 10 3:43 AM
Completed 45 mins on the trial. Got as far as second area and lost the will! Could not get any further than the pond (say no more - spoiler potential).
Graphics okay. Sound mediocre - I forgot it was playing after a short time.
Very few pointers to follow - good for more experienced players but could leave newer fishes confused. Then again I play a lot of games & I got confused too!!

H.Os not overly difficult and fairly short. Mini puzzles straight forward (from those I encountered). Hint takes forever to reload. Gameplay length - I would imagine 2-4 hrs depending on your experience.
Not one for me - I give it 3 out 0f 5

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 8, 10 3:46 AM
I have to admit, that this game is for more experienced HOG players, and quite close to Adventure games. You have to "guess" the shape of the objects, and the small blinks show you that there is an interaction. Which one? Guess...

I am not so experienced - nevertheless I bought it. I like to guess the interactions and force my old brain cells to work overtime..."they" say that it's good for old people to do "brains train".

Happy gaming! Thanks BF!

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Apr 8, 10 3:53 AM
Help. I cut the pillow on the couch and saw the numbers 572 I went to the safe and put in the 572 and it said error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 8, 10 3:58 AM
Hey I'm a sucker for dream games ....But this one after not knowing where to go what to do ..no skip button for the dialog ..Some screens I went cross eyed in order to focus on rooms that I didn't have any idea what to do ..I found 1 damn key & I was out of this bad dream ..I wanted to like it but I'm sorry this just don't cut the mustard for this extremely Dry week in the Pond !!!..Something else I did notice ..That it's a rather small file ..which was the first indication ..That it wasn't going to be a very good dream. ..

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Apr 8, 10 4:05 AM
I must say I couldn't stand this game. I LOVE HOGS and this is an insult to the genre! Uninstalled it after 15 mins.

Go to: