bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 8, 10 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

Re:Post any Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by cche on Apr 8, 10 1:44 AM
Crashes on my Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit system, even in windows XP compatibility mode. Windows 7 is not listed as a supported system, so not a "support issue" per se, but I thought folks might like to know. (attempts illegal memory access)

Error details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dominic.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00058b72
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e8ad
Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
Additional Information 3: e8ad
Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

[Post New]by taz21h on Apr 8, 10 2:56 AM
CasualGran wrote:
cche wrote:Crashes on my Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit system...

I also have Windows 7, but Professional 32 bits. The game installs, but I cannot pick up or move objects and when I exit the BF Game manager is gone and the gamemusic of Dominc Crane's keeps on playing.
I had to restart to be able to use my system again. I have the latest updates and drivers, including the latest DirectX, so I wouldn't know how to solve these issues.
Frankly, I'm afrraid to download this game again. Usually I have no problems downloading and playing games via the BF Game manager. So I wonder, is someting technically wrong with this game? Or is it just not meant to be played on Windows 7?

I am also having the same problem with the game when exiting. No problems in game, just when I exit, music keeps on playing. My computer also is up to date with all the drivers and DX. Maybe, you are right, not supposed to be played on Windows 7?

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Apr 8, 10 3:02 AM
FULL screen is WINDOWED!!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 8, 10 3:37 AM
When I shut down the game and tried to restart it, it said I already had a game running. I checked my Task Manager, and the only thing running was Internet Explorer, so I restarted my computer. I tried to start the game again, and it still said I had a game running even though I didn't have anything, not even Internet Explorer, running that time. I uninstalled the game and I'm currently re-installing it. I'm running Windows Vista and have all the latest updates.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 8, 10 4:50 AM
I have Windows 7 home, and am enjoying the game but have the same problem, in that I can't get out of the game without turning off my laptop and th music is still playing although the game is officially closed.

But I want to buy it (have contacted CS on this and another matter)

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Apr 8, 10 5:10 AM
I have windows 7 IE8 and direct x and eveything in system it needs 2 run game with. the only problem I have is it does like the other people are saying when I exit game keeps playing. I also would like 2 buy this game when it gets fixed.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Apr 8, 10 6:03 AM
Me too on the music. In fact it is still playing as I write! Also the hint is not refilling anymore, so I can't find out where the key for the desk drawer is. Really weird.

Jen.

Edited to add, that I also have Windows 7, IE 8 and everything else that's needed for these games.

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 6:04:54 AM PST

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Apr 8, 10 8:47 AM
has anyone heard anything yet how 2 fix the game

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Apr 8, 10 9:35 AM
I also have win 7 32 bit and after exiting the game, it still runs. I have to go to processes and end task to close the game out completely.

candydog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by candydog on Apr 8, 10 9:41 AM
I installed the game it said i already played the trail but i didn't. I don't buy a game i haven't tryed.

[Post New]by Andikn09 on Apr 8, 10 10:50 AM
I have Windows Vista and I get the Error message for an access violation code. I'd love to try it out, but I cannot even play it.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 8, 10 11:08 AM
Hi fishies!

Sage103082, we are currently working on a fix for the game continuing to run after it is closed. We apologize for any inconvenience. You can check out my post for more information here

candydog, if the game is telling you that the trial is over but you haven't gotten a chance to play, I would definitely suggest contacting Customer Support and they will do everything they can to help you out.

Andikn09, access violation errors can occur for various reasons. If the error occurred during installation, it may be an issue with firewall settings. If it occurs during the game, it may be a display issue. Here is a help article with more information Access Violation. You can also contact Customer Support and they will gladly help!

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by Andikn09 on Apr 8, 10 11:57 AM
I took the advice from the help issues that deal with access violation and even reinstalled the game, and the access violation still pops up and I cannot get into the game.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Apr 8, 10 2:26 PM
OK, so I thought I'd give it a whirl - didn't get through the full hour & came here to have a look at the comments to see if it was just me before deleting the game.

I wasn't impressed at the lack of tutorial & again, the hint never reset after the first time, so no help there.

Tried to delete the game, but I got the message that it was still running.... opened the task manager & it wasn't showing in the application window - it was there in the process list though as 'dominic.exe'
Now thoroughly deleted - shame, but I guess you can't have a great game for sale every day..... can you?

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Apr 8, 10 4:04 PM
Really liked the concept, after installing demo , told me that I had played all of my 60 minutes, then le me play from the icon on my desktop.
Into the game the hint would not refill, it was dragging, and I stopped after half an hour, then went back to reload, and got an error message saying that the game hadnt loaded properly!!!
I am running windows 7 on a brand new shiny PC with all current downloads, so why the heck would you not test this game before letting it loose on us poor fishies.
Will not purchase this game, even though I liked the puzzles.

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Apr 8, 10 4:08 PM
Installed the "try it" version of this game.Played for a while and then decided to purchase. After buying it I went in to play and had lost all progress in the game.
Using Windows XP so don;t know why this happened.
Any explanation as to why it didn't save?

[Post New]by tutsey on Apr 8, 10 4:20 PM
Looks as if alot of users are having technical issues with this game. I cannot get it to play after downloadiing and activation. I will not be buying it, unless BFG resolves the technical problems.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Apr 8, 10 4:28 PM
I am using Windows 7, 64 bit. When I tried to install this game I got a message that it was a corrupt file. So I didn't install.

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by gma5 on Apr 8, 10 4:38 PM
I have repetitively installed, & uninstalled Dreamcape Mystery, but have yet been able to open the game. Before the last attempt, I updated Direct X, and everything else is upto date. Help, this game sounds like one I would really like.

Go to: