Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Romeo and Juliet Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 25, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/25/2017 at 7:14:53 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Romeo and Juliet Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 25, 17 7:13 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Romeo and Juliet Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by clpayne on Feb 25, 17 9:58 AM
Once again, can't get game manager to download new games. Last time I had to uninstall game manager and reinstall, and after a couple of days it worked again. This is getting tiresome! Other downloads install fine, just not Big Fish. Windows 10 on a two year old PC

[Post New]by happyasaclam2 on Feb 25, 17 11:55 AM
cant d/lmine it keeps saying erro 3 i had to drop bf that will start in march so i know thats not it any help would be great thank you tech ssupport

double47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by double47 on Feb 27, 17 9:10 AM
This game has several issues. This first one is the broom when matching the flowers. First time I play I did not get a broom, and you cannot go forward. I reset and played again and got the broom. The second issue is when you creating the freeze potion, you cannot pickup the funnel. I had to skip the puzzle to go forward. There were other issue where puzzles had more than one step on hard mode and I could not get to second step, switch to easy mode to finish. Did not even bother with the bonus game.

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by momsford on Feb 27, 17 6:34 PM
This is beginning to really tee me off. I had trouble with a game a couple weeks ago, NOW, I have trouble with this game. I can't go any further because the game won't let me get the broom that's in the tree. I clearly see it, it's there, but there is no way of getting it once you matched the flowers. I want a refund.

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Feb 28, 17 9:08 PM
I just got thrown out half way through the game with a message that my profile was corrupted and was being deleted. Then I was supposed to start all over again, with perhaps the same thing happening - no thanks!

[Post New]by brncoram on Mar 1, 17 3:46 PM
I cannot find the ruler. I cannot go any further. This is a first time for me. Never had problems with games once downloaded.

PixieChik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PixieChik on Mar 1, 17 5:44 PM
I too am having a problem getting the ruler in Chapter 4. This is the second time I have started this game. Can someone help with how to do this. I don't want to start this over for a third. Thank You.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Mar 2, 17 10:25 AM
Windows 7 32 bit.

HO scene in bonus chapter continually freezes. Can't exit via task manager, have to do a hard shutdown. Will be contacting customer service for an exchange coupon. Shame to get that far into the game and encounter problems.

allan133
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by allan133 on Mar 10, 17 10:44 AM
PixieChik wrote:I too am having a problem getting the ruler in Chapter 4. This is the second time I have started this game. Can someone help with how to do this. I don't want to start this over for a third. Thank You.

I know where the ruler is. It is on the top of the log near where Leo is trapped and should be picked up with the pipe and magnet. However I could not pick it up! If I return to the scene, I can see the ruler on top of the log, but it is unobtainable. Can anyone help, or is another update required?

allan133
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by allan133 on Mar 11, 17 1:44 PM
MY MISTAKE! The item on the log which looks like a protractor IS a protractor and is not picked up with the pipe and magnet! (Strategy Guide is wrong!)
The ruler is in Lucas' Lair under the trapdoor. Scrape off the dirt with the scraper and take the glass vial and the ruler, then use the ruler to open the cabinet in the backyard.
Hope this helps somebody.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Mar 13, 17 5:51 AM
Am using a PC with Windows 10 and since the last couple of UPDATES cannot play this game which was working when I played the 90 minute DEMO after which I did purchase the game...Now it just takes me back to the PLAY AGAIN page like The Legacy: Forgotten Gates C.E. did!

Please ISSUE ME WHATEVER IS APPROPRIATE IN THIS INSTANCE IMMEDIATELY SINCE I AM NOT ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME

Ps: I have not gotten in response canned or otherwise back on these games...I'm sure that you wouldn't want to loose a customer because of inactivity on your part, right?

Edited on 03/29/2017 at 6:47:49 AM PST

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Mar 22, 17 7:55 AM
After the UPDATE yesterday to presumably fix issues with this game, I tried again to PLAY and ended up back on the "PLAY AGAIN" page!

That's really too bad 'cause now I will be boycotting BF!

The boycott was short lived, however I am still waiting for SOME SORT OF RESPONSE ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE since I cannot play this game!

Edited on 03/29/2017 at 6:49:58 AM PST

[Post New]by irssecretary on Apr 9, 17 2:15 AM
As for as technical issues this game is the worst I have played in a long time. The sound and the music popped continually throughout the game and it dragged also, very annoying. I was able to play the game all the way through, but it was such an unsatisfying experience, I was skipping puzzles just to get it over with. I was extremely disappointed. Romeo and Juliet could have died as they did in the original play, I would not have cared!! I think a coupon for the next CE should be issued to all who purchased this game.

[Post New]by Leigh1174 on Sep 17, 17 5:55 AM
I've completed everything at the dock and the walk through tells me I should switch to Romeo but I can't, the image is not there to tap on, which means I can't move on. I am playing on an iPad mini circa late 2014 (model ME279X/A), upgraded to latest iOS 10.3.3 recently. I only downloaded the game today. Thanks.
Don't worry. Restarting the game fixed the issue.

Edited on 09/17/2017 at 7:34:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Jeltjegrada on Sep 23, 17 1:31 PM
In chapter 3 you are juliet, after sending the message to romeo you have to change to romeo, but i don't have the amulet?!!!!!!!

hobo11
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by hobo11 on Dec 17, 17 11:00 PM
Played the main game just fine. Went to Bonus game and it started acting up had white screen and it said "bad allocation". So ended it. Bought the SE to see if that would work and it was fine all the way through. So guess my Windows 10 does not like the bonus game.

Go to: