lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Annoying ad

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 25, 17 5:19 PM
I've gotten the dang ad more than a dozen times in the past 12 hours. It's sneaky too. It pops up when I tap to play a game, go to the map, etc, and grabs my tap so apple thinks I want to purchase.

PLEASE the next time you have a sale, make the buy button area smaller and not in the same location as frequently tapped icons, and limit the number of times it pops up in a given amount of time. This constant ad is just making me angry, not tempting me to purchase.

MarionET
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Annoying ad

[Post New]by MarionET on Feb 26, 17 12:50 PM
I totally agree with you!!!

I was going to open a new thread about the “invite friends” huge annoying icon among other things, but yours will do.

I agree about the annoying sneaky ad. I’ve had to cancel numerous unwanted purchases. No, I will not be enticed to purchase if I find myself unwillingly at the apple purchase store. It just gets me really angry.

What also makes angry is the other huge “invite friends” icon and its location. I forget what it was before, but the new heart awakens murder instincts I never knew existed.

Just like a fellow forum member had suggested to me to open a fake Facebook account to link it to the game and protect my advance in the game, I had to open a new fake account to make a fake invite and get rid of the icon. The promise of course was not to bug or spam the invited person. Yeah right. I get frequent annoying "send lives and resources" to the fake account and when I unfriend the fake account, the annoying “invite friends” returns. Really?

I mean, aside from the fact that all you manage to do is annoy players, the game page is starting to look like a Moroccan souk, so crowded with useless icons that we’d need sunglasses to play in peace.

Edited on 02/27/2017 at 12:14:56 PM PST

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Feb 26, 17 4:52 PM
I agree 100% on both accounts and hope the Big Fish listens. if we are inclined to buy we will do so and do not need to be slapped in the face or bombarded. Other offers have not required these tactics. We are already a captive audience and that should be enough.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 27, 17 4:25 AM
For once I'm glad I'm playing on PC. There, all I get is a discreet SALE band on the store icon. (But only if it involves a cash payment. When there's an in game sale not involving real money there is no notice whatsoever). So, ads may well be the reason behind the huge disparity between the PC and the mobile platforms.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Feb 27, 17 6:44 AM
I am also amused by the "sales". Since there is no inherent market for any of these items, Big Fish can set the "cost" at any level they want, then mark-down the price to have a sale. Why should 2100 coins cost $21.99, $24.99 or even $99.99?
I guess the items are worth what people will pay for them, some more than others.
Some poster on here claims to have spent $1000 on the game and is not half-way thru.

I am in Lisbon level 22, and have only brought the extra lives for $10 and I have 20,000 coins in my bank. Too bad BF wont buy my coins back, with "real money" at the same rate, or even 50%, of what they will sell them to me for!!!

MarionET
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MarionET on Feb 27, 17 12:24 PM
Well I’m proud to announce that Bigfish doesn’t listen.
The horrendous "more lives humongous heart" icon is back.

I mean how hard is it to understand?
I don’t want to receive notifications or else I wouldn’t have turned them off.
I don’t want to invite friends. I don’t have any in that account. (I don’t like Facebook) But the nagging icon wouldn’t go away.
I don’t want to receive more lives. I play with the three free available and when there are none left and I have time, I move to the now far more interesting and generous Candy game (that gives free boosts hand over fist as well as free unlimited 2 or 6 hour game play.)

To say that this was my favorite game when I started playing, how wrong I was.
Enough already!

@snowmanvt: I'm still in Budapest, level 105 and I completed all the cities before Shanghai as I finish cities while shipping. However, I also have a lot of coins (far more than you) that I would love to sell back for real money. I don't know, maybe they consider them to be bit coins. :p

Go to: