bfgTigris
2,693 Posts

Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery has been escalated

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 8, 10 8:59 AM
Hi everyone,

I just want to drop in here and let folks know that we have gone ahead and sent the issue over to our development team to look into the game continuing to run in the background after exiting on some systems.

We are very sorry for the frustration that this error has caused. We do our very best to test each game on a variety of computer types and configurations. However, even with an army of game testers working 24 hours a day we still would not be able to insure that we test for every possible combination of Operating System, Video Cards and Software Updates that are used by everyone. While we know that only a small percentage of people are experiencing this issue, we will do whatever it takes to get this problem resolved quickly.

Thank you for your patience.

amahaf2
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery has been escalated

[Post New]by amahaf2 on Apr 8, 10 9:10 AM
I don't like this game at all because there are no instructions or help at all. I can't figure out what to do most of the time. And the skip feature on the puzzles are just too slow. I couldn't even finish the trial version of the game.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Apr 8, 10 9:39 AM
bfg Tigris ... its funny but it not my game thats doing that but my game manager... It disappears and I have to shut it down using task manager then reopen it again..

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgTigris
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 8, 10 10:16 AM
Hi Cyndo123,

It's possible you need to run your Game Manager as Administrator if you use Vista or Windows 7. The best thing to do would be to contact our Technical Support Team. They are really great and will do whatever they can to help you out.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by blm50 on Apr 8, 10 12:22 PM
Nope, it even happens (Game Manager disappearing) when running as Admin. I agree this is a horrible game and I am surprised that it even made it to distribution. YUUUKKKK!

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amaootta on Apr 8, 10 12:59 PM
This game has similar problems in quitting just like Dark Parables:Curse of Briar Rose. The only exception is that Game Manager will restart when game program is killed which doesn't happen when killing Dark Parables program.

See: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/87562.page

Is there something in common with these two games? Something which makes them act like this, I mean.

laurimd
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by laurimd on Apr 8, 10 2:44 PM
amahaf2-I agree with you--this game needs a walkthrough or some hints or something...I have to decline this game as I can't figure out how to play it! This is the first time I have not been able to work my way through a game for lack of tips-- and I'm not a newbie either. Sorry GameFish, definately on this one--but, you are still the greatest game site ever!

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 2:45:33 PM PST

susjs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by susjs on Apr 8, 10 7:14 PM
My game manager is also disappearing - running XP. But I could put up with that if I could figure out how to play the game. The hints aren't working and I have not one clue what to do next five minutes into the game..

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 8, 10 8:21 PM
Looks like already issued a fix, for I'm downloading an update for the game as we speak

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Apr 9, 10 2:28 AM
I have just run the demo so far, but I like the silence and lack of tutorials. So far (to the pyramid, I think) so good.

I came to the forum to check how long the game goes for.

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Apr 9, 10 5:13 AM
has game been fixed and where do I get the update for game.

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Apr 9, 10 5:37 AM
I just found update for game and now the game shuts down ok, thank you bfg for fixing the game as I plan 2 buy it now . thank you again

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,205 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Apr 9, 10 6:36 AM
genkicoll wrote:Looks like already issued a fix, for I'm downloading an update for the game as we speak
Is the fix a complete download or just partial? In other words, how big is the file?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 9, 10 9:12 AM
It was downloading for a while, so I think it was the whole game coming down.

bfgTigris
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 9, 10 9:15 AM
Hi fishies,

There is now a new version of Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery that fixes the issue with the game running after exiting. Check out my post at the top of this forum for more information, or click here.

bfgTigris

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Apr 12, 10 10:36 PM
...Dark Parables ran smoothly on my system. As have all the games I've bought on BFG. This Dominic game is the first that's causing problems on my pc.

Same here. This is the first BFG game I've had problems with. Guess this one wasn't meant for me. I give up trying to get the game to run.

[Post New]by tiger0324 on Apr 23, 10 10:29 AM
The walkthrough didn't go to the end of the game I purchased. I'm stuck in the room with the painting on the easel. I have the paintrush and the key but I don't know how to find the code to unlock the box. I thought the paintbrush should work with the painting and/or box of paints. what am I missing here.

Go to: