bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 16, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Welcome to Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ forum

[Post New]by laurah65 on Oct 17, 08 8:44 PM
Thanks for another great game BFG I love how you keep all of the little fishes happy and busy that is great.

[Post New]by SandraP on Oct 19, 08 4:06 AM
Help!!!!

I purchased this game after playing and enjoying the demo but everytime I run it it allows me a couple of games then crashes! grrrr I have re-installed it twice and its not improved.

Any help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated and going crazy in Scotland!! lol

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 22, 08 9:20 AM
baresalot wrote:Help is there supose to be someone talking or do i have to keep reading everything ??? i hear music but thats all. thanks. from Dawn stuck at home xox

Hi Dawn- Welcome to the forums!

I don't recall any voices. The new build allows you to skip the cut scenes if you like.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 23, 08 8:49 PM
bookdawg wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the game. I played as two different explorers during my trial and liked that the lists were not the same. How many portals are there total to explore?
I counted 14 portals.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 24, 08 5:40 AM
bookdawg wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the game. I played as two different explorers during my trial and liked that the lists were not the same. How many portals are there total to explore?

While it's not a super long game, it was very enjoyable to play. Well worth the 6.99 in my opinion.

[Post New]by Chelle717292 on Oct 26, 08 3:49 AM
I just downloaded the trial version to see if i would be interested in buying the game and for some reason after going thru the first portal it says you need to take pictures but i can't seem to figure out how to do it....it says somthing about clicking on blue button on pda, but the pda showing up on my screen doesnt have any buttons cept below the hint and menu or back buttoin. Does someone know why this is or am i just missing sumfin cause im not awake all the way...LOL!!!

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Nov 1, 08 2:11 PM
BF Please tell me that there will be a continuation of this game as it is one of the best HOG games. Great graphics and very different from all the others it kept me occupied and with no problems, it was great. I loved the no time mode as I fell asleep from the drugs I was taking after surgery and would wake up about an hour later with no penalty.

Keep up the good work with all the games especially the unusual ones like this.

anitagb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by anitagb on Nov 8, 08 11:28 AM
prpldva wrote:
Chelle717292 wrote: I just downloaded the trial version to see if i would be interested in buying the game and for some reason after going thru the first portal it says you need to take pictures but i can't seem to figure out how to do it....it says somthing about clicking on blue button on pda, but the pda showing up on my screen doesnt have any buttons cept below the hint and menu or back buttoin. Does someone know why this is or am i just missing sumfin cause im not awake all the way...LOL!!!

Hi Chelle- when the viewer comes on the screen, move it over the area that matches until you see the green cross hairs show up- then click and you will have your picture.

I hope this helps

anitagb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by anitagb on Nov 8, 08 11:30 AM
Chelle717292 wrote: I just downloaded the trial version to see if i would be interested in buying the game and for some reason after going thru the first portal it says you need to take pictures but i can't seem to figure out how to do it....it says somthing about clicking on blue button on pda, but the pda showing up on my screen doesnt have any buttons cept below the hint and menu or back buttoin. Does someone know why this is or am i just missing sumfin cause im not awake all the way...LOL!!!

Look on the right side of the pda at the top, there's a small blue circle/button

anitagb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by anitagb on Nov 8, 08 11:31 AM
When I click the pda hint button, it counts down, but doesn't show me any hints. What gives?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 8, 08 11:51 AM
anitagb wrote:When I click the pda hint button, it counts down, but doesn't show me any hints. What gives?
Sit back from your screen so you can see the whole screen. The hint only flashes for a second then it's gone. So you will miss it if you are not watching the entire screen.

cfddutchie
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by cfddutchie on Jan 15, 09 8:29 PM
prpldva wrote:

While it's not a super long game, it was very enjoyable to play. Well worth the 6.99 in my opinion.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Jan 17, 09 10:19 AM
I liked the trial so much I bought it, only to find out the three portals I've found seem to be the only ones I can find...Help

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 23, 09 9:24 AM
Lucky for me I look around the screen and noticed this game promoted by BF. Happy discovery. Very enjoyable play time, excellent graphics, mini games easy but fun. Interesting story, some of the HOs are very cleverly disguised which adds to the fun. Replay a definite yes. Really well done, unlimited time, no stress,love it.

[Post New]by hillyjilly on Jan 24, 09 7:27 AM
How many times do you have to play on one portal before you move on..?

[Post New]by mstitan10 on Feb 7, 09 11:02 AM
i AM HAVING PROBLEMS HERE IT SEEMS THAT i AM HAVING TO PLAY THE SAME PORTALS WHAT GIVES i AM GETTING MY PICTURES TAKEN/ALSO FINDING THE ITEMS/ETC. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO PLAY THE PORTALS BEFORE MOVING ONWARD? I HAVE A TOTAL OF 5 NOW BUT AM GETTING RATHER TIRED OF PLAYING THEM OVER AND OVER , SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE THANK YOU

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 7, 09 11:44 AM
I'm not sure if this is what you are having a problem with but if you want to continue the game where you left off you have to click PLAY in the upper right part of the Main screen. You might have been clicking on "Choose a Portal" instead of clicking on PLAY.

It is easy to click the wrong thing on the main menu because Choose the Portal in right in the middle of the screen and it is the first thing you notice. If you do that it will keep taking you back to the same place and you don't advance.

Try to go back and click on PLAY which is above Choose a Portal and see if that take you to the place where you last played. Good luck!

[Post New]by mstitan10 on Feb 7, 09 12:02 PM
Thank you so much I am on my way to do just that you are the best I was beginning to get aggravated with it again thank you so much for the reply

AllieBow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AllieBow on Feb 12, 09 8:44 AM
There is something seriously wrong with the Mac port of this game. I've spent several minutes of the trial trying to get it to work. The sound file is obviously corrupted, as all you get is static sounds. And don't get me started on the fonts! At the beginning of the game you get yellow squares with white letters inside that you can barely read. Then when you get in the game you can't even read the list of things to find because all you see is pink (I believe) squares.

My computer should be able to handle this game, as I checked the requirements and it should be good to go. I was excited to find another hidden object game to try out, but this one has turned out to be nothing but frustrating.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Go to: