bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Spellarium

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 27, 17 12:29 AM
Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Light and Darkness - these are the six elements our universe relies on. A powerful artifact, the crystal called Spellarium, can transform the light of the sun into the magical energy that fills the world with life. Spellarium has gone missing and the world is slowly decaying now. Help Eric, the wizard sent by the gods, retrieve the artifact and return life to the world!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Spellarium

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 15, 18 11:32 PM
I'm really late to this game and it's the first one I've ever played by this developer. Definitely a different concept M3 because all the levels are a logic puzzle using a M3 mechanic. I'm not sure why some think it's an easy game because it's pretty hard to me, at least in the timed mode! I like it overall, but would have been better if the timer were a few minutes longer - I'm a fast player but have had to replay a lot of levels a few times to get past. You definitely have to read the instructions in that book up in the corner to "get" this game and it really helps to study the board before making any moves to get a strategy down.

Music is quite nice and I liked the higher-lower solitaire games that appear every so often. The spot the differences games, not so much...a lot of the changes were very subtle and were giving me a headache trying to find them all. The graphics are pretty but the tiles are too busy for me - would have liked simpler playing tiles for less of an eyestrain factor. It's great because it's so different than "traditional" M3s, but having just finished a really hard M3 elsewhere I would have liked this to be a little easier. Of course, that's probably just me not being used to the unique mechanics such as the moving dynamite, moving coin halves, or the fact that you can't swap coins with tiles plus the assorted obstacles which aren't the same old same old.

Go to: