drea_wv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

LOADED GUN

[Post New]by drea_wv on Apr 8, 10 10:14 AM
CANNOT GET GUN TO FIRE.....SAYS I MUST THINK OF A BETTER PLAN?? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

LOADED GUN

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 8, 10 11:32 AM
drea_wv wrote:CANNOT GET GUN TO FIRE.....SAYS I MUST THINK OF A BETTER PLAN?? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

I'm not sure exactly where you are in the game, but the easiest thing is probably to check the Blog Walkthrough to see if you've missed any necessary steps.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

LOADED GUN

[Post New]by lbowden on Nov 25, 10 9:21 PM
drea_wv wrote:CANNOT GET GUN TO FIRE.....SAYS I MUST THINK OF A BETTER PLAN?? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

I have spoken to Long John and am trying to save his daughter, and I am having the same problem as the one I quoted. It will not let me use the pistol. I can't find anything else that will work. I have finished the clues and climbed the wall etc. Help. Very frustrated

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 9:26:30 PM PST

Re:LOADED GUN

[Post New]by Cyanilisa on Dec 2, 10 11:32 PM
Go back down to your dinghy and ring the bell. This starts a conversation with the pirates. They want treasure. You can give them the cannon, but it's the rum that starts the fighting and gets rid of them. When you go back up there is only Morgan left. This step is left out of the walkthrough.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:LOADED GUN

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 4, 10 1:20 PM
Cyanilisa wrote:Go back down to your dinghy and ring the bell. This starts a conversation with the pirates. They want treasure. You can give them the cannon, but it's the rum that starts the fighting and gets rid of them. When you go back up there is only Morgan left. This step is left out of the walkthrough.

The Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games does include this step, but it's in the previous chapter so you might have missed it.

From the Blog Walkthrough, Chapter 30:

Turn around again and look at the entrance. Long John Silver’s parrot is on the left and the Bell is on the right.

Talk to the Parrot. He tells you it’s a trap.

Ring the bell.

The pirates will start negotiating.

Give them the gold Cannonball. That doesn’t work.

Right-click to go to the Inventory Screen.

Combine the Open Bottle of Rum and the Cork.

Left-click on the Bottle of Rum.

Put it in the basket.

The pirates will fight over it

So in the walkthrough you've already done all that before you get to the top.

Robin

p.s. To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 1:21:50 PM PST

Go to: