Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 28, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/28/2017 at 6:38:26 AM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Demo won't launch

[Post New]by Leemo on Feb 28, 17 1:14 AM
I've tried to play the demo but all I get is the Big Fish logo, and then it tells me to play again.

Never happened to me on BF before.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by kelsmanly6 on Feb 28, 17 1:33 AM
I have the same problem. This has happened before. Running windows 8

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Moorena on Feb 28, 17 2:21 AM
same issue, windows 10

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Feb 28, 17 3:18 AM
I cannot see the characters. For the action characters there is a little round shadow moving so I have that but I cannot see the characters blocking the trail so I only know something is there if I cannot get where I am trying to go but I don't know where it is unless I waste all my time searching nothing very slowly until the cursor changes. It is impossible to play when you cannot see what you need to deal with. Windows 10.

LWensel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by LWensel on Feb 28, 17 3:57 AM
I cannot see the characters either

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Feb 28, 17 4:10 AM
it doesnt show how much recources you still need to fixs something. and i dont see workers going to the place to fix thiunga.
Lately all BF games have so many issues
I am considering to finish my membership
Cisca

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Feb 28, 17 5:53 AM
i just noticed its a CE are ypu kidding BF?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 28, 17 6:38 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Teamcan also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

Please keep in mind that if you are trying to download the demo version of this game on Tuesday February 28, 2017, it is currently only available for Big Fish Game Club Members.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 02/28/2017 at 6:43:57 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by coolcostumed on Feb 28, 17 6:50 AM
mooskilady wrote:I cannot see the characters. For the action characters there is a little round shadow moving so I have that but I cannot see the characters blocking the trail so I only know something is there if I cannot get where I am trying to go but I don't know where it is unless I waste all my time searching nothing very slowly until the cursor changes. It is impossible to play when you cannot see what you need to deal with. Windows 10.

I am having the same problem as mooskilady. The previous games in the elven series also have issues. Wish I didn't buy this one before playing the trial version. Very Disappointed.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Feb 28, 17 8:21 AM
The large curser floats, but the small one is fine.
Lots of different error codes, then freezes and needs to be restarted.
Seems like there is missing information, there is no clear instructions.
Also, nothing I read gave me clues as to why, so many error codes,
and so many different glitches.

My opinion is, that there needs to be a bit more work on this one.
I bought this one as soon as I saw it, love the Elven games. But this
one isn't playable as is.

[Post New]by persiancat19 on Feb 28, 17 8:25 AM
I can't see any people only little shadow circles. Playing on windows 10

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Feb 28, 17 9:21 AM
Same thing as all the others, no character avatars, just shadow circles. Sigh. I rather enjoy the Elven Legend series and I have had no problems with the first 3, only this one. Windows 10

joni61
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by joni61 on Feb 28, 17 9:26 AM
I bought and downloaded this game, all I get when I want to play is back to the page where it says you now own this game! I have downloaded twice!! Windows 10

[Post New]by DENISE9512 on Feb 28, 17 10:15 AM
mooskilady wrote:I cannot see the characters. For the action characters there is a little round shadow moving so I have that but I cannot see the characters blocking the trail so I only know something is there if I cannot get where I am trying to go but I don't know where it is unless I waste all my time searching nothing very slowly until the cursor changes. It is impossible to play when you cannot see what you need to deal with. Windows 10.

[Post New]by DENISE9512 on Feb 28, 17 10:20 AM
there are no characters on the screen.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by daniellascottabq on Feb 28, 17 10:48 AM
I can't see characters either. Windows 10. Changing the cursor to regular seemed to help a little with lag time.

I will buy it when it's fixed. You guys lose money when you don't take care of tech issues!!

Edited on 02/28/2017 at 10:49:18 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 28, 17 12:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that some players have been experiencing these tech issues!

We definitely don't want people to be encountering glitches, and our teams here work to test all of the games we release on a variety of different software and hardware platforms. Unfortunately, due to the number of configurations available for computers, sometimes unforeseen issues may occur, and the Forum Moderation Team definitely appreciates everyone who takes the time to report them in the forums. I've made sure to pass along the posts in this thread so that the appropriate team is aware of the situation.

In the meantime, our help articles may be useful in resolving these problems. I've gone ahead and included a couple below that contain versatile steps that can help in a variety of different situations, including when a game is crashing or when parts of it aren't appearing correctly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If this continues for anyone, the Forum Moderation Team then recommends contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will absolutely be happy to help as best they can, and have access to the tools needed to provide further assistance. Additionally they can offer replacements, or even refunds, if needed.

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Feb 28, 17 2:37 PM
I've played the demo and am reluctant to purchase this game. First, because the last 2 in the series had problems that were never fixed - in fact, Customer Support gave me a credit for a free game because the last one had a level that was unplayable due to a large blob that covered about half the playing field, and I assume Support figured the developers weren't going to fix it since there was no patch for the blobs in the second game. On this game, as others have said, there are only shadows or dots instead of characters running to fix things and "villains" that block paths are invisible unless you happen to run your cursor over the right spot to get told what you need to chase them away. There are very few instructions on what needs to be done, too - the game assumes you know you need the griffin's house in order to chase away the invisible spooks, for example, and I found it hard to see some of the popups that list what's needed unless I hit exactly the right spot. The translation is terrible, which may account for the difficulty in getting fixes for the games - I'd have to guess it's hard to communicate with the developers.

I like the idea of this series and would love to be able to play all the games. As it is, however, I'm going to hold off on this one in the probably vain hope it will be fixed.

Edited on 02/28/2017 at 2:42:21 PM PST

daubee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by daubee on Feb 28, 17 4:56 PM
having the same problem as leemo

Go to: