Veronica Rivers

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Veronica Rivers

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Oct 17, 08 3:44 AM
This game has potential. My main criticism would be that this game is far too slow.
Extremely irritating when you want to progress

Re:Veronica Rivers

[Post New]by MagickUnicorns on Oct 17, 08 4:08 AM
I agree it is a very slow game. I don't like that you can't skip over the story. I'm sure some people like that but I'm more into playing the game.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 4:38 AM
MagickUnicorns wrote:I agree it is a very slow game. I don't like that you can't skip over the story. I'm sure some people like that but I'm more into playing the game.
I'm the same way- I hate not being able to skip the cut scenes

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 4:39 AM
Cherylsoccer wrote:played, finished but i am not sure what i think though. Didn't like the ending. Would have liked to have seen the aliens . Mini games were fun.
I give it about a 6
Ihope they werent those 4 little yellow creatures at the underwater crash site...

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 17, 08 5:45 AM
To me the story gives you the whole background of the game. What actually is happening. Why Veronica has to go through these portals. Her main goal in the game is to see what's happened to the Geologists and to get things back to order. I thought the story was very well done and interesting. Some have the questions so what's the purpose of doing this that or the other, and that's where the story comes in. If you read the story it will tell you why you have to do this that or the other to give you a better sense of the game. To give you an understanding of why you have to do certain things. I love the stories of the games. To me it makes me feel more like you're on the actual voyage with her and living her story. Instead of just reading a good novel your actually playing a good novel. That's my opinion.

Sassy

[Post New]by happyladytn on Oct 17, 08 5:53 AM
I like the stories.also, but give me a break, sometimes she was just sitting there!!! I thought the story parts could have played faster w sound. I was not impressed w mini puzzles, too easy. I thought this game was WAY TOO BORING.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 17, 08 6:02 AM
That's what I am talking Diann

Sassy

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 17, 08 6:14 AM
I"m enjoying this game. I do read all the info in the transition screens. However, I would have preferred to be able to click to go to the next screen.
As noted by sassylassie, I do get all the comments about objects etc at the bottom of the screen and some have been informative while other are funny.
...I've also enjoyed the portal and PDA puzzles...Just enough to make you pause but not so hard you tear your hair out.
...Happy Gaming Everyo ne

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Oct 17, 08 6:22 AM
Love HO games; but find some have objects very small or color math too close to background if your sight is a problem. I found it very hard to find things. probably a good game if I could see items; liked game except for that. Hope you all enjoy it!!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 17, 08 6:36 AM
cesse47 wrote:I"m enjoying this game. I do read all the info in the transition screens. However, I would have preferred to be able to click to go to the next screen.
As noted by sassylassie, I do get all the comments about objects etc at the bottom of the screen and some have been informative while other are funny.
...I've also enjoyed the portal and PDA puzzles...Just enough to make you pause but not so hard you tear your hair out.
...Happy Gaming Everyo ne

cesse47 you hit the nail on the head! . And you can know a little more about what Veronica likes and dislikes. She is such a sweet girl and has a heart of gold. You had to find a teddy bear on the list and she commented, "I miss mine. He's far away at home". She didn't have much food but she gave what she could to the other Geologists and to the animals. Even went as far as to put the little frog back into the water. I just love the heart of this game.

Sassy

77Alice77
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 77Alice77 on Oct 17, 08 6:56 AM
Game looks fantastic! Just started playing

77Alice77
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 77Alice77 on Oct 17, 08 6:59 AM
I love HO games too. Most of them look the same. This one is different

[Post New]by Happy_Smyth on Oct 17, 08 7:02 AM
well, I recently started playing the game and I am amazed. The graphics is awesome. I do enjoy these types of games, but it is very rare, that you find such beautiful, well-thought of, detailed graphics. Quality work. And the idea of the game is quite intriguing. I think I will definitely spend good time playing it.

[Post New]by busybee69 on Oct 17, 08 7:37 AM
Some of my friends already tried and enjoyed it. Suppose, I will do the same - seems like a good game to have some real good time

77Alice77
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 77Alice77 on Oct 17, 08 7:42 AM
I love this game! It's like a movie! Daughter is helping me to find objects now.

Heh... (went to bring credit card)

77Alice77
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 77Alice77 on Oct 17, 08 7:46 AM
sesse47, thanks! You are in time with help

My Katy likes it too, have to buy.

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 17, 08 7:46 AM
Hi! Good news! In the new version of Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown you will be able to skip cut scenes. BFG will update it soon.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 17, 08 7:55 AM
Askold, please advise the source of your information. Thanks.

77Alice77
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 77Alice77 on Oct 17, 08 7:56 AM
Askold, I am not sure I need it. I love cut scenes in this game.

[Post New]by Janebrinks on Oct 17, 08 7:56 AM
Played the demo and bought the full version. I'm sure my husband will be excited to play it with me when back home in the evening

Go to: