lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Top that Drop?

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 1, 17 5:06 PM
I updated GD on iOS. This is the update that includes Dublin. I've played five or six levels and so far every blessed time I win there's a banner in my face saying Top that Drop! Also get a thumbs up icon in the corner, which is rather cool.

Does that "you won" banner ever say anything else? Hopefully after a couple of days I'll stop flinching when it rushes at me. I'm a developer myself, and it should be simple to have the words change randomly when it's just text. Voice is more complicated and increases download size, and they already have that at the end when you win.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

Re:Top that Drop?

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 2, 17 5:22 AM
On a positive note, the changed display does show clearly that there has been an update. All we need now is confirmation that the server sync problem has been fixed and we'll be a lot happier.
I do agree about the banner, although I'm sure I had one level where a different message appeared.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 2, 17 6:06 AM
Just now I got "Fantastic" right above Top that Drop.

Edit: it seems strange when my last move is a wimpy 3 in a row with no cascade. Yes I won the level, but Top that Drop doesn't feel appropriate.

Edited on 03/02/2017 at 6:11:39 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 2, 17 8:32 AM
Finally got one without Top that Drop. I did get a banner in the same position but it said Perfect Drop.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 2, 17 12:03 PM
I said I thought I'd seen a different message, it must have been that one.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Mar 2, 17 3:52 PM
I never knew what "Weekend" meant, and now I have no idea what "Top that Drop" means. Tho I do get the drift......Do people really say those things in real life?

I can see myself in a business meeting, and the boss announces we met 110% of goal for the quarter and I shout out "WEEKEND".

Edited on 03/02/2017 at 5:05:54 PM PST

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Mar 2, 17 4:45 PM
Haven't seen the banner yet - I will upgrade eventually. For some strange reason, it really annoys me when I am losing a hand badly and I take some puny match that is available and I get one of those "Fantastic" "You are a world leader" or some other gushy thing. Just let me lose in peace. Doesn't bother me when I am winning.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 2, 17 5:07 PM
I really wish they would stop all these pathetic messages particularly on times levels! They always come over where there are moves and you can't see them properly - I keep trying to flick them away like flies

yarnycakes
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by yarnycakes on Mar 4, 17 6:09 PM
I have only gotten 'Top That Drop' and 'Perfect Match' at the end of a game...The latter comes up when I use the exact number of moves allotted

I turned the sound off on the game a long time ago

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 6:10:56 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 9, 17 5:05 AM
I have never ever had the sound on any game, the repetitive bells, dings, and other stupid noises drives me mad, not to mention that I play it laying in bed and with a partner asleep, there is NO way I would have any noise coming from a game. I set all games to silent/sound off as soon as I download and play any of them, and the volume button to off just in case any sound comes out inadvertently. Its so much better playing silently. And those banners are driving me nuts too. they are stupid. And they aren't just on levels in Dublin, I did the daily event last night, it turned up on that city too. So it must be across all of them.

Go to: