jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

PIANO

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 1, 17 6:48 PM
I'm going to try and explain how to do the piano mini game.

I know many of you do not know the piano keyboard, and I figured a way of trying to help you with the piano mini game.

You will need to count keys starting from the Reddish colored Key near the Center of your Screen. (do NOT count that Reddish looking Key; start counting with the key next to it))

1st session:
Count to the 2nd white key (from the Red Key) and click it
Click on the Black Key, next to the Red Key
Count to the 4th White Key (from the Red Key) and click it
Count to the 5th White Key (from the Red Key) and click it

2nd session:
Click on the White Key next to the Red Key
Count to the 7th White Key (from the Red Key) and click it
Count to the 3rd Black Key (from the Red Key) and click it
Count to the 4th White Key (from the Red Key) and click it

3rd session:
Count to the 5th Black Key (from the Red Key) and click it
Count to the 2nd White Key (from the Red Key) and click it
Click on the White Key, next to the Red Key)
Count to the 4th Black Key (from the Red Key) and click it
Count to the 7th White Key (from the Red Key) and click it

I hope this helps those of that are stuck at the Piano.

Tomorrow I'll try and replay the game to catch session 1.

For those of you that know the Piano Keys:

Session 1 is:
B, A flat, D and E

Session 2 is:
A, G, E, D flat, and D

Session 3 is:
G flat, B, A, E flat, E, and G

I have to be honest with all of you this was a very frustrating part of the game. There should be a SKIP for this mini game, or the Developer should have played the keys SLOWER.

Best of luck to all of you; I hope I have been able to help you out.

Edited on 03/08/2017 at 12:17:51 PM PST

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:PIANO

[Post New]by elboranch on Mar 2, 17 11:28 AM
Well in all fairness I tried all the things I myself could think of and finally decided to go the hint way !!! Just hit hint press that key , wait until hint recharges and hit it again then that key !! I is very frustrating but after 3 days of trying the things i could including taking a screenshot photo from the guide , this was my last ditch effort !! SKIP would have been nice ! I only use skip if I am utterly lost and this one had me udderly lost !!!!

[Post New]by mariahsdrift on Mar 4, 17 3:07 PM
I also am lost here. Where are the colors the guide is talking about? Do I use the lower keyboard? I really hope there are not any more of these difficult puzzles that you can't skip in this game. I used to love this series. What happened???

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 4, 17 7:53 PM
Hi mariahsdrift:

Welcome to the Pond.

You use the "lower" keyboard.

Look for the "reddish" colored key about in the center of your screen, on the lower keyboard.

Follow my instructions, that are listed above, and you will be able to complete the piano puzzle.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 7:57:47 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 6, 17 11:59 PM
I had to quit. I used the Hint but it just happens too fast for me and I cannot even get it one key at a time. I'm not certain that I could get it if I knew the notes. I don't understand why there is no Skip for this. It's ruined the game for me. I would not have purchased if I knew I could not finish. I also had to skip a few other games because I could not figure them out and the Hint was too fast for me but at least they had Skips. Very disppointing. Most things are too small as well. If I could zoom in a bit, I might be able to solve this puzzle. Can't see it well, can't move fast enough, tone deaf.

[Post New]by lilyluv22 on Mar 7, 17 7:00 PM
I agree with the people on this site. This should have had a skip or made it larger and slower.I know the notes on the piano and still can't tell what colors are on what keys. Its going to be sad for me if I can't get past this part because I love dark parables, and I wait for the new ones to come out. Just can't stand the fact that they didn't put a skip. It's ridiculous! To the person who put down how to get past it,thank you for taking the time to try help. I'm going to try what you said again and hope it works. If it wasn't done so weird your help would have made it easy. Thanks so much.

[Post New]by lilyluv22 on Mar 7, 17 7:02 PM
Thanks jsc pufferfish.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 8, 17 12:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much to jcsgame for the great tips for this particular mini-game in Dark Parables: Requiem for the Forgotten Shadow Collector's Edition. It's great when players are able to provide some helpful hints or tips for a difficult portion of a game. I think this is really helpful to players having trouble with this particular puzzle, so I'm going to go ahead and make it a sticky post, so that it can be near the top of the page of the forums for players to access more quickly. I hope it helps people looking for assistance with this mini-game.

I also wanted to quickly remind players about our Forum Rules, specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

By following the above rule, we can all help create a comfortable and accessible community that is open to players of all ages to discuss games in. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you all for your time, and if there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

javamamma
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by javamamma on Mar 8, 17 4:36 PM
Thank you jcsgame. . . I was ready to call it quits and uninstall the game. You are a game saver! I agree with some of the other comments. .there should be a skip button on this puzzle.

[Post New]by azellia on Mar 8, 17 5:48 PM
Many, many thanks for your wonderful help. I wrote your instructions on copy paper large for older eyes and it worked! I have all of the Dark Parable games and I love them.
I'm grateful for members like you. Thank you so much for your time and effort.

[Post New]by Etoile32 on Mar 12, 17 6:11 PM
Thanks you so much, jcsgame. I was about to call it quits.

[Post New]by Lini2012 on Mar 13, 17 6:30 AM
I tried following the info from jcsgame (thank you) but it still didn'tt work, maybe I'm was doing something wrong.

For the first session I clicked on the 2nd white key from the red key okay but it would not let me click on the black key next to the red key, when I try to do so it starts it's own sequence all over again so I was still stuck.

There was an update for the game however on my Big Fish manager so I did that and now there is a skip for the puzzle so I had to do that.

This puzzle is ridiculous.

Edited on 03/13/2017 at 6:35:21 AM PST

AkHenry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AkHenry on Apr 8, 17 8:36 PM
This sounds counter intuitive, but turn your speakers off, and the puzzle is a snap. The issue is that when you play a wrong note, the new note sounds so close together that it confuses the issue. When the speakers are off, you are free to see and not listen. Hope this helps.

Edited on 04/08/2017 at 8:36:37 PM PST

Go to: