Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: The Sealed and Forgotten CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 2, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/02/2017 at 6:41:03 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: The Sealed and Forgotten CE here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 2, 17 6:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery of the Ancients: The Sealed and Forgotten Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery of the Ancients: The Sealed and Forgotten Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: The Sealed and Forgotten CE here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 3, 17 9:35 AM
Based on the demo this won't be a buy for me. I found it all a bit bland and uninspiring; nothing much seemed to happen and the story just didn't hold my interest.

Nice enough graphics, less HOS than I expected (which were very interactive) but very easy puzzles which made the game too simple. Collectibles are in the shape of clovers and I came across one figurine, so there are probably more of those to collect as well. Map transported and there were 4 modes of play inc. custom.

The unique aspect of this HOPA was that when you come across the helper, you can choose whether or not to keep it with you. I say 'it' as it's a little tree with arms and legs (yes really). I chose to keep it and within 30 seconds I wished I hadn't bothered. It sits in the right hand corner of the screen doing somersaults and being really distracting. Occasionally you have to find it tools to use and who knows, perhaps at some point it will need an outfit to do a particular task Unfortunately you're stuck with it once you choose to keep it; no option to leave it in a forest or someone's garden or anywhere it can't follow you. Sigh

Not for me in the CE option but I may go for the SE....and I'll choose not to take the 'helper tree' next time.

No technical issues with the demo, which lasted 66 mins for me. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 2:14:09 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 3, 17 2:25 PM
Well, I liked the little helper and didn't mind its gymnastics over in the the lower right hand corner, but that was about all I liked about the demo. There's nothing wrong with it, it just didn't excite me that much, and at the end we have another terrible woman-goddess or something figure, making me wonder why so many of these games now have a woman villain, when in the real world, well, pretty much the opposite. The story begins with a death, and the dead man is the excuse for exploring the rest of the plot, but his story is lost, at least during the demo. I found that the overall plot built in interest, but there is a lot of put this shape into its slot and find x and then use x and then move on. Kind of repetitive. Donovan, the police detective, turns out to be a lot more interesting than he seemed, but by then the demo has ended, and I didn't care enough to continue, not even to save the female investigator. I'm kind of a fiend for collectibles, but the clovers weren't interesting and are only 25 in the game, plus a small number of what I'd call figurines, the first being Donovan. Maybe as an SE using a game credit, but I wouldn't buy the CE, because it's not worth it, particularly given that in one instance when the info on a mini-game was opaque and unhelpful, and unusually for me I checked the SG for help, the SG was, if anything, even less helpful. I am sure there will be people who will enjoy the game, but as a CE, definitely not for me.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 4, 17 7:06 PM
I personally like some of the helper's..If these Dev's can make it your choice to have one then maybe the other's can do it also. My niece and nephew's love some of them. So hope other Dev's are reading this,COOL idea, ,Make's everyone happy,,

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 8, 17 9:36 PM
I personally really liked the game. I'm a nature lover so any of these nature themed games are great for me. I loved the little helper, he was so adorable!!! I like that the game gives you an option whether or not you want to use the helper. While I love having little helpers, I know that others do not. So that's a plus that you gave that option. I had no technical issues with the game. I wish there were more collectibles, but I like those kind of things. The only thing that I started to struggle with was in the bonus chapter, when you have to do the 3+ matching to build up power, I thought it was going to be like the regular game where you moved pieces into position. The instructions should have said that the matching was done by drawing lines between the pieces. I've seen it in other games, so I finally figured it out. But first thought it was a glitch, as the instructions were the same as the regular game. Other than that, I really enjoyed it!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Mar 9, 17 10:46 AM
I liked the little "tree" helper... but who's idea was it to put it right NEXT to the hint button. I found myself clicking the "hint" button when I really was trying to use my little green guy. I'm enjoying this game. No glitches... YEAH. just fun to play.

[Post New]by Arielfantasy on Mar 23, 17 4:01 PM
I can't find the strategy guide for this game. I am stuck. I do like the game but agree with others that it is similar to many other games. And speaking of the strategy guide, why isn't it available with the game like some of the others I have played?

[Post New]by Avalon7404 on Mar 24, 17 8:20 PM
The guide is in the box on the left that expands when you click on it. It has your guide, the collectibles, the statues and something else I can't remember but anyway it is there. Just click about...LOL

gailssong
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by gailssong on Mar 26, 17 6:52 PM
I really did like this game. I played the CE however was very disappointed with the BONUS CHAPTER. IT had no end. Suddenly its over with a sad little tree helper. I have no idea how it ended. That was disappointing to me. Just to end so suddenly. . I thought it was a fun game. with a map that transports. And I like the little guy.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Mar 26, 17 10:06 PM
Remember to use spoiler when speaking of the end of the game. It may ruin it for others. I have been reading a review and then someone will put - "hated when he died at end" or just anything that should be a surprise to the player. Thanks.

linssue55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by linssue55 on Mar 31, 17 5:54 PM
I'll pass. Didn't move me to buy.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on May 5, 17 1:43 PM
After I bought the game, A little while longer in the game it asked me again if I wanted the helper. So I was asked twice. So I guess you might not be stuck with the helper if you changed your mind. I love the little groot and wanted to play before I see the movie with a look alike groot.

Go to: