Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Graywitch here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 3, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 6:04:04 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Graywitch here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 3, 17 6:03 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by CordellsMommy on Mar 5, 17 12:57 PM
This game freezes everytime when I am trying to put the combination in on the safe. Is there going to be a update to fix this bug?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 7, 17 4:06 PM
Hello CordellsMommy,

Before I begin, welcome to the forums and I'm sorry that there is a game freeze when trying to play Grim Tales: Graywitch. We definitely want you to be able to continue playing and since it sounds like this happening at a specific point, I'd like to offer a preliminary troubleshooting suggestion to try as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

In this case, I recommend seeing if more permissions applied to the game while playing can help make it play smooth when interacting with the safe and the combination for it. Running the game as an Administrator could help resolve this by giving the game those permissions. Just in case it's helpful, here's how to do that:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

As for an update, the Forum Moderation Team does not receive advanced notice of updates or when they might come out. However, if one is provided to us from the teams behind the game, a moderator will be certain to provide an announcement on that for this game's forum so that all players can see what has been changed.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Game crashing at the safe combination !

[Post New]by Adreisdragana on Mar 29, 17 3:09 PM
Same problem here. Don't really see something helping on your help pages. How can it be resolved ?
I'm using a window 7 never had trouble with bigfish games

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 8, 17 4:46 PM
Hello Adreisdragana,

Before I continue, I want to apologize for taking so long to respond and I hope that this issue has already been addressed. However, if you are still seeing trouble with this particular game freezing at a specific point in the game, I would like to recommend the following page of steps as they may be able to resolve that issue by providing the game full permissions to run smoothly.

Running a game as an Administrator can give a game the permissions it needs when there appears to be something stuck or a part of the game not progressing as expected. If you would like to try these steps, the following page contains a guide on how to run a game as an Administrator on PC:

Run Game as Administrator

It's possible that more assistance is necessary, if the safe still seems stuck after trying the above, or if you'd just like some additional assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while waiting and I hope that these steps are helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by chirogirl on May 25, 17 11:56 AM
I'm using windows 10 on my laptop and I get an error message that will not even let me get into the game itself I get "0x004be94d (tried to read from 0x0000000)" I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game same problem

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jun 4, 17 3:31 PM
June 4, 17- Windows 10- Directx version 11.2

I uninstalled and reinstalled and It froze in a different place. I purchased in Apr 12, 17 and I know my game manager reinstalled a update before I played it. Had my Adobe Flash player tested and have version 25,0,0,171.

Windows had a message -Access violation at 0x0054CAFe( tried to write to 0x00000D80), program terminated.

Bonus before A on page 40 of guide after Emily speaks.
I think it's your game and not my system.

[Post New]by barbdad on Jun 6, 17 10:56 AM
chirogirl wrote:I'm using windows 10 on my laptop and I get an error message that will not even let me get into the game itself I get "0x004be94d (tried to read from 0x0000000)" I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game same problem

I'm having the same problem. On this game and on two others. What's the problem?

[Post New]by kimbabell77 on Jun 12, 17 8:30 AM
I am having the same problem with the "violent access" problem. Tried several solutions found in the web and updated all drivers as well. Reinstalled the game and the game center/manager. Nothing seem to work or solve this error.
I´m also having this problem with the following games: Midnight Calling - Valeria and The keeper of antiques - The imaginary world. All new games of the past few weeks. All other games are running just fine.

Go to: