Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 4, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 8:01:32 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Mar 4, 17 3:25 AM
Yet another Mad Head game I can't play - get "not enough video memory" message. This is the only developer I get this message for; guess they've gotten so sophisticated with their graphics to be OK excluding those of us with older OS - Windows XP. Too bad; I always enjoyed the "Cadenza" series.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LarkBea on Mar 4, 17 3:46 AM
pita1234 wrote:Yet another Mad Head game I can't play - get "not enough video memory" message. This is the only developer I get this message for; guess they've gotten so sophisticated with their graphics to be OK excluding those of us with older OS - Windows XP. Too bad; I always enjoyed the "Cadenza" series.

Have you tried increasing the page file to see if that helps? Not enough video memory is an error that can occur even in the newer operating systems. With XP, sometimes increasing the page file will solve the problem. [Removed by Moderator]

If that doesn't help, you may need to upgrade your computer's video card.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 8:31:57 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 4, 17 8:01 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 4:28:05 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 4, 17 8:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in here to post a quick reminder of our Forum Rules. Specifically:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

The Moderation Team definitely appreciates everyone who takes the time to post help and info for others. However, we do ask that users not include links to outside sites in their posts. That way we can help to maintain the security and accessibility of our forums for everyone who wants to participate.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Mar 4, 17 1:07 PM
How to change page file in Windows XP:

Quit all applications.
Choose Start > Control Panel, and then double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings in the Performance area.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Change in the Virtual Memory area.

From the Drive list, select your main hard drive (where your games are installed). This is usually C but can be assigned a different letter depending on your computer's configuration.
Click Custom Size.
In the Initial Size box, enter a value equal to one and a half times the amount of the computer's installed RAM. For instance, if you have 1 GB of RAM installed, that figure would be 1500 mb.
In the Maximum Size box, enter a value equal to twice the amount of the Initial Size value. For instance, if you have 1GB of RAM installed, that figure would be 2000 mb.
Click Set, and then click OK to close the Virtual Memory dialog box.
Click OK to the alert "The changes you have made require you to restart your computer..."
Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box, and then click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.
Click Yes in the System Settings Change dialog box. Windows restarts.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself, ask a computer savvy friend to help, or Google "How to change page file in Windows XP" for helpful videos and pages, Good luck.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 1:09:31 PM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 4, 17 2:58 PM
I could not get the dial to turn right. I think something is wrong with it. All it would do was spin.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 4, 17 4:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by here to address the issues being brought up in this thread.

heatherington, I'm sorry to hear that the dial isn't turning correctly in the game. There are several different reasons that something like this may happen, and to help resolve it I suggest taking a look at the help article I've included below. This help article includes a variety of versatile troubleshooting steps, and can be useful in addressing issues like this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the problem continues, I then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always willing to help as best they can.

I do also want to note that the Forum Moderation Team doesn't recommend manually adjusting the page file on your computer. That setting influences how the computer itself runs, and changing it may inadvertently cause errors or problems in the computer's system. Instead, if someone is coming across a persistent technical issue, we recommend contacting our Support Team, as mentioned above. They have access to the tools needed to provide assistance customized to each user's situation, and they're always willing to provide support as best they can.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

bearnpie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bearnpie on Mar 6, 17 11:15 AM
Windows 10. Enjoyed the game and almost done with the bonus game. At the control panel in the movie studio am supposed to turn arrow buttons to the correct position; the third part of a minigame. I cannot get them to move in any way. Cannot lift them or turn them. The strategy guide only says to play the HOP. Please help. Thanks.

PDXnative
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by PDXnative on Mar 6, 17 3:39 PM
When I downloaded the trial, my taskbar did not disappear and it is not locked. This hasn't happened with any other game. I can't see the menu icon and had to use task manager to close the game. Uninstalled and re-installed and the same thing happened. Any solutions?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 6, 17 4:17 PM
Hello bearnpie and PDXnative,

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues being seen in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition. I would be happy to try to assist with some preliminary troubleshooting steps to try, as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

bearnpie, it sounds like there is some trouble with a specific mini-game or puzzle in the game. I'm sorry that's happening. I haven't played through this particular game myself, so I'm unsure whether this is a technical issue or not. If it appears the mini-game seems to not be functioning as expected, what I recommend is seeing if running the game with more permissions is able to assist. By running a game with more permissions, it might help the game run more smoothly and stop this issue from occurring. Just in case it is helpful, the following link describes how to run the game as an Administrator to give those permissions:

Run Game as Administrator

PDXnative, I'm sorry that the game seems to be having some trouble being played. I'm not entirely certain what is causing this particular issue and since uninstalling and reinstalling the game hasn't seemed to help, I recommend contacting our Support Team using the steps below.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you need more assistance with the game, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide help and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

bunny3620
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by bunny3620 on Mar 8, 17 2:25 PM
Same problem with the dial for me. I put my cursor on it and it spins the opposite way. I went to you help site with no success. I really was looking forward to playing this game. Too bad.

[Post New]by dvptcs1 on Mar 14, 17 11:10 AM
I can not get the knife to open the clock in the kitchen HOP. All other objects have been found but I need to finish it to get another part of a disguise. I can not continue.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 14, 17 12:16 PM
dvptcs1 wrote:I can not get the knife to open the clock in the kitchen HOP. All other objects have been found but I need to finish it to get another part of a disguise. I can not continue.

Try clicking on the door first, to get the suggestion that you'll need something to open it. Once you pick up the knife, click the middle of the knife (where the cursor is) on the door at the bottom of the clock.

If that doesn't do it, try uninstalling and reinstalling, then do the scene again.

Good luck!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 14, 17 12:17 PM
bearnpie wrote:Windows 10. Enjoyed the game and almost done with the bonus game. At the control panel in the movie studio am supposed to turn arrow buttons to the correct position; the third part of a minigame. I cannot get them to move in any way. Cannot lift them or turn them. The strategy guide only says to play the HOP. Please help. Thanks.

You don't turn them. Just click them in the order shown.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 14, 17 12:35 PM
pita1234 wrote:Yet another Mad Head game I can't play - get "not enough video memory" message. This is the only developer I get this message for; guess they've gotten so sophisticated with their graphics to be OK excluding those of us with older OS - Windows XP. Too bad; I always enjoyed the "Cadenza" series.

It's likely not so much the operating system as the fact that if it's an XP computer, the computer is older, too. Some older computers have "shared" video memory. In other words, your video card may have some memory of its own, but whatever RAM your PC has, the video card will grab a large part of it, too, to run graphics. Unfortunately, that means you may not have enough left to run the PC properly, along with the game.

Try what LarkBea suggested first. That just might do it. You might also want to free up some space on your hard drive. Programs won't run well or at all if you have less than 20% of free space on your hard drive.

If those don't work and if you really can't or don't want to get a new PC, you might be able to add more RAM to your PC. You'll need someone who knows computers to look up your model number and tell you how much RAM you can add and what type. You can probably buy the maximum RAM your PC can handle fairly cheaply and ask the same person to replace it. It takes all of 5 minutes to replace RAM chips, but you do need to know what you're doing.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 14, 17 12:42 PM
heatherington wrote:I could not get the dial to turn right. I think something is wrong with it. All it would do was spin.

bunny3620 wrote:Same problem with the dial for me. I put my cursor on it and it spins the opposite way. I went to you help site with no success. I really was looking forward to playing this game. Too bad.

If it's the dial I'm thinking of, you just grab it with your mouse (keep holding the button down) and move the mouse around to make the dial move in the direction you want it to.

If that's not the solution, then post what scene the dial is in and I'll try it again to see if there's any special trick. There are lots of dials in this game, so I need to know what room it's in and if it's a safe, radio, etc.

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Apr 16, 17 1:16 PM
Outside the villa, using the tape recorder puzzle: when I click on the second icon (the calendar), the game won't advance as it shows in the walkthrough. I click on the "recording" printout and get the message "I need to edit some parts of this sentence" or something to that effect. I have restarted the game and get the same results. I have Windows 10. Is this a glitch or am I simply missing something? Thank you for your help

I'm sorry. I figured out my problem. Nothing to do with the game.

Edited on 04/17/2017 at 2:37:58 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 8, 17 6:31 AM
In bonus game and think it is the last puzzle. With 3 sets of dials... I have the first completed with toggle switches. 3rd completed by checking in order symbols. I am so stuck on the 2nd set of dials I have no cursor just spinning circles on the knobs.

Cannot complete game. So very frustrating....

[Post New]by Batgirl10_7 on Oct 2, 17 4:24 PM
ACHIEVEMENTS NOT REGISTERING: I had gotten to the bonus chapter before checking in the extras menu and when I clicked on achievements, not a single one was showing that I earned. I was mad. I restarted the game anew with a new profile and achievements again were not being shown after I earned them. I uninstalled and reinstalled, checked for updates, did everything the moderators always say to do and still no achievements show. Can anyone help me out here or am I the only one having this issue? Thanks fishies!

Go to: