Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 4, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 8:01:27 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 4, 17 8:00 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 4, 17 12:34 PM
This is the best in the series so far! Great game with all features, you can wish for. Wonderful fifties' atmosphere, music, characters, the story is in a way creepy - just imagine somebody steals your body......

If not yet done, everybody should at least demo this game!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 4, 17 12:49 PM
Very pleased with this game, with 30 mins. left in the demo, so far at least a favorite Cadenza for me. Love the music -- just to correct, the character is Mike Valence, and just before a huge gig in his hometown, Adam forces a body switch on him, and he has a limited amount of time to save himself. Very intriguing story for a change, interesting things to do, mini-games are mostly understandable, HOP's have morphing objects, collectibles are records, just a lot of fun and engrossing. Hopefully, the rest of the game is this good, because it's definitely a buy for me. Now and then a game comes out which makes the BFG membership worth it. This is one.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 4, 17 6:43 PM
Really enjoying it! I agree w/ everyone's positive comments!
& a shout out to Devs Madhead you go guys!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 4, 17 7:19 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #4 in this series...yes, I have them. As always, I review mostly on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job on that than I. As usual, the graphics in this addition are exceptional, very clear, very well done. Colors are very bright, but not over powering, true and very clear. Game play was excellent, no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen very nicely. The voice overs are extremely well done, with emotion, and they are age and character appropriate. Animation is superb, and facial features and movements are also very well done and fit what is being said or done at the time. Sound FX are perfect for the setting and background sounds, and are constant, no dead air at all. Music also fit the setting and time period, and was quite nice.

HOPs are a wonderful variation of lists, find this, place that there, etc. We even have a combination of HOPs with the HOP. Scenes are clean and clear, no junk piles, and items are not difficult to find. Be on the lookout for the morphing items in the HOPs. As in the other in this series, they aren't that easy to spot. No, I didn't see that you could switch to a match 3 or jigsaw puzzle if you didn't want to do the HOPs. Would be surprised if you wanted to, they are very well done. I did not see a transport feature in this one either, but I hadn't had to back track all that far in order to complete an objective. The jump map is very useful. It seems to be set up a little differently, but areas are clearly identified when you hover your mouse over it. Hint system is very helpful when needed. Puzzles were different in some cases and quite challenging in others. These are also well done. Either the demo was short, or I got so involved in the play that time just went too fast. SG is the standard as in all other games.

Collectibles are 38 records. They are fairly large and easy to see. Other than the morphing objects in the HOPs, I didn't see anything else during the demo. According to the SG, there is something else, but I didn't run across it yet.

I really like this series and when I beta tested this one back in June, yes I said June, I made a note to give it a 5.0. I don't give 5 stars easily, as a game has to be exceptional in all areas. This one was exceptional, except for the popping up of the achievement bar with 3 or 4 completed achievements. If I want to know what I have, I look at the end of the game and find out. That was annoying. For that reason, and that reason only, I down-graded this one to 4.75, but every other part of the game gets a 5.0. The story line was new and exciting and drew me in from the very beginning. This one has just the right amount of challenge to keep you interested and wanting more. I think all levels of players will find this one enjoyable. Every game in this series is exceptional and all have very nice story lines. Yes, definite buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 5, 17 1:03 PM
Having played the demo, I didn't think this was the best game so far. I very much enjoyed "Music, Betrayal and Death" and "The Kiss of Death", but not so much "Havana Nights".
I have been looking forward to this game, in the hope that it would be a little more exciting than the last one in the series, but must admit that after having finished the demo, I didn't feel the urge to continue. So this will be a no-buy for me.

Edited on 03/05/2017 at 11:09:51 PM PST

charlene_lane
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by charlene_lane on Mar 5, 17 4:10 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far. There are plenty of locations with lots to do in each. Its pretty easy, with little challenge, but I like the storyline. Graphics are gorgeous. Nearly finished the game and still have yet to do the bonus and other bits. The HOPs are fun to do. The mini-games are very easy. Overall it should appeal to most fishies.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 5, 17 6:03 PM
Review of completed game : Disappointing. Graphics are lovely and in the beginning HOS are varied and enjoyable. That's where it stops. The rest of the game is covered in HOS, mostly straight lists with a little interaction here and there. I find this many search scenes really takes away from the flow of a game and I often found myself walking away screaming in frustration. The earlier games had intrigue and mystery but this one really does not. The story is just...odd. And the ending is a big "what?" as though the devs tired themselves out from writing so many search scenes that they forgot what in the world the story was. I actually enjoyed the bonus game more than the main game. And the extras are pretty pathetic (you'll understand after you play the souvenir search).
Try for yourselves of course!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 5, 17 11:14 PM
I agree with kgustavson, in that I am not a big fan of too many HOS in a game either. For me it also takes away from the flow of the story when I encounter one HOS after another.

Go to: