Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 4, 17 2:14 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/04/2017 at 8:08:12 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 4, 17 8:04 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gizmos: Interstellar Voyage.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Mar 4, 17 11:55 AM
Certainly not up to the standard of Fantasy mosaics. The background really gets in the way and makes it hard to see which spaces are filled and which are not. I also have no idea when I've made a mistake. The only way to see if you've made a mistake is when the game is over and you don't get any stars for playing without mistakes. There's no indication at the time that a mistake has been made. I like to learn from my mistakes and showing when I make one would be a big help. I have to say I find this game disappointing at best.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 4, 17 8:37 PM
I was recently wondering what had become of this series, so I was glad to see a new one. However, I have to agree that the background of this one interferes with the pictures. I like the game mechanics and the larger grids, but it's certainly not as attractive as our friendly penguins. I expect I'll end up buying this as it's still much better than the various griddlers, but I'll probably wait and use a punch card coupon.

I find that turning off the background picture helps with some of the grids. You can also select single color instead of the mixed colors if you like, but that seems to take a lot away from this series in my opinion. I'm at the point of having 20x25 grids, which is interesting, but I do wish the grids weren't so small (size, not count) - my vision isn't good enough to do these for very long. On the positive side, that means it will take a long time to get through this game!

Edited on 04/02/2017 at 1:56:24 AM PST

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Mar 5, 17 4:49 PM
Can anyone tell me if it ever gets beyond 10x15 grids? That is my only gripe with the Fantasy Mosaics series, although the last one now sometimes goes 15x15.

Edited to show that grids on the second planet are 10x20.

Edited on 03/05/2017 at 5:49:02 PM PST

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 6, 17 12:50 AM
Gizmos are my favorite nonograms! Never any guesswork and I'm happy to ignore the time limit. In this game, you can even turn it off! I like the mechanics and I'm playing them again and again, so buying this one was a no-brainer.

You can also turn off the background picture. I'm always doing this, since the first game.

I'm on planet three and grids are now 15x20, so I'm hoping for still bigger grids to come.

Ivd04: Do you play with sound? I always know when I made a mistake. There is some noise like breaking glass and the grid tile also looks kind of crashed. Not sure if there is a marker for mistakes on the screen, because I always restart the level when I made a mistake.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Mar 9, 17 3:04 PM
geniegal wrote:Can anyone tell me if it ever gets beyond 10x15 grids? That is my only gripe with the Fantasy Mosaics series, although the last one now sometimes goes 15x15.

Edited to show that grids on the second planet are 10x20.

Hello. I'm glad to say that the grids do get a lot bigger as you go along. I'm on Level 6 and the grid is 30 x 20.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Mar 9, 17 3:06 PM
lvd04 wrote:Certainly not up to the standard of Fantasy mosaics. The background really gets in the way and makes it hard to see which spaces are filled and which are not. I also have no idea when I've made a mistake. The only way to see if you've made a mistake is when the game is over and you don't get any stars for playing without mistakes. There's no indication at the time that a mistake has been made. I like to learn from my mistakes and showing when I make one would be a big help. I have to say I find this game disappointing at best.

I don't play with sound but if I make a mistake, the cell goes takes on a crumpled appearance as if it's been zapped. Your eyes soon become able to hone in on it so it really does help.

[Post New]by puddin59 on Mar 10, 17 4:35 PM
Love It, Love It.

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Mar 11, 17 9:11 PM
My favorite of the nonograms, truly addictive and one that you can replay

Enjoy the larger grids and variety of puzzles, also the jigsaws at the beginning of each planet

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 22, 17 7:28 PM
Well, I like a lot all the Gizmos, IMO, they will better than the penguin griddles.

Thank you Devs and BF for this new release!!!

Happy gaming ,
M

[Post New]by blackduckUK on Apr 1, 17 2:39 PM
I have completed every level, no mistakes, all within time, but I still cannot get all rewards,,,, must be a bug somewhere, other versions no probs you could see if you missed something... now sad

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 9, 17 12:29 PM
blackduckUK wrote:I have completed every level, no mistakes, all within time, but I still cannot get all rewards,,,, must be a bug somewhere, other versions no probs you could see if you missed something... now sad

Well, it happened to me, I beat the developer's time in all planets, but not reward.
Before, never I had problems in the other Gizmos. Extremely disappointed and upset , please Dev correct this problem.

Otherwise a excellent game, my favorite of the nonograms .

Happy gaming ,
M.

Edited on 04/09/2017 at 1:17:46 PM PST

Go to: