bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 9, 10 1:29 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Review for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Apr 9, 10 1:48 AM
While there was nothing particularly wrong with this game, I think maybe my expectations were a bit too high after reading the rave reviews in the Collector's Edition forum.

The graphics and music are well done. The story seems decent but it's easy to skip if you don't care about it. The game also looks like it's a good length.

My issue with the game was that I felt it got boring quickly. The hidden object scenes are full of obvious items, the mini games are incredibly easy and although the art is well done, the color palette is slightly dull, so it's never as interesting as it should be to move to a different room.

Personally, I uninstalled the game in 30 minutes but like I said, it had rave reviews in the other forum, so it's definitely worth a shot.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Apr 9, 10 2:12 AM
Ughhh. I really liked this game when I demoed it (seems like way back) but honestly, the thrill is gone. Took too long to come out in 6.99 version and now i'm disenchanted. I'll wait for something else.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 9, 10 2:18 AM
I agree - nice game but not a buy for me.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 9, 10 3:50 AM
As opposed to the above three posts, I will give this one a heads up. It is turning out to be much longer than I had expected. I agree it is not as challenging as some and yet there is enough to keep me interested and challenged. I like having to switch between various popups to find what fits. The **** scenes are relatively easy and I have rarely had to use a hint. The minigames don't provide a challenge but that's okay when it's this late at night and my brain is getting foggy. I could have done without all the mirror sweeping however. Kept it mute so no idea of what the sound is like nor does the storyline matter to me.

So thanks BF for providing me with something after a week of Duds. This may not be the best game I have purchased but I am enjoying it (don't recommend the Collector's Edition, will never buy one of those). I can see by the number of shards I have collected that I am not yet half way through the game and that is promising since I have been playing for a couple of hours.

Perhaps my brain is working at half speed since it's 4 in the morning. I have something to look forward to tomorrow and that's a good thing.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 3:56:47 AM PST

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on Apr 9, 10 4:16 AM
Another HOG with no timer option makes all these games the same. Challenge and replay is weak. Let's hope that developers get a clue in the near future.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Apr 9, 10 6:01 AM
Yay...it's finally here!!! It took forever and a day to be released following the CE though. Off to play.

[Post New]by GypsyJane on Apr 9, 10 6:19 AM
I have played the demo three times and can't get into the game. Any suggestions? Should I try downloading it again?

[Post New]by BelllaBOOO on Apr 9, 10 7:12 AM
What is up with the clock...it says to set it for 11;55 i have done it a thousand times will not work!....Help

[Post New]by Andikn09 on Apr 9, 10 7:20 AM
Remember 11:55 is when the small hand is between the 11 and 12, not directly on the 11. That should work.

[Post New]by Andikn09 on Apr 9, 10 7:21 AM
I am enjoying this game! Thumbs up here too!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 9, 10 8:48 AM
They actually put this one out only 15 days after the CE edition. All the others were a full 3 wks. This is the fastest release of reg edition after CE so far.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Apr 9, 10 9:13 AM
GypsyJane wrote:I have played the demo three times and can't get into the game. Any suggestions? Should I try downloading it again?

I had the same problem and figured out that you can only go to a certain level in the game on the demo, CE or otherwise. The free trial stops a certain point regardless if you have completed the hour or not. After I bought it, it reinstalled on it's own. If this doesn't start automatically for you, I would just uninstall then reinstall. Good luck and I hope this answers your question.

[Post New]by judy218 on Apr 9, 10 9:45 AM
I was disappointed that I didnt get a full hour demo. I would assume if they stop my progress that early on it will be a fairly easy game. If you say 60 minutes I should get 60 mins regardless of how far I progress.

[Post New]by nikkislayer on Apr 9, 10 10:03 AM
I like games that have a gothic/horror feel to them. I have played the C.E demo version of this game the full 1 hour then decided to delete it and wait for the 6.99 one to come out. I have downloaded the trial version of the cheap one and started t o play and Iam suprised to find it is carrying on from where I left off on the CE version. Spooky or what. Not sure if I'll buy now depends how far I get on trial.

Godolfin
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Godolfin on Apr 9, 10 11:18 AM
I kinda liked this game but based on the walkthrough I finished half of the game in my free hour so I'm not really gonna spend my credit on something that will only take another hour.

BoboKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BoboKat on Apr 9, 10 11:54 AM
I really enjoyed this game! It was really long for me; about 3-4 hours and I only skipped a couple of things. Games are kind of simple, yet not so hard you pull your hair out!
I used a credit and I think it was worth it. Better than most of the games that have come out lately.
BoboKat

[Post New]by Dianne34 on Apr 9, 10 1:01 PM
This is one of the best games that I have purchaced...LOVE IT...I hate timed games and never buy them. This is relaxing and just fun to play...Oh and I am not getting ticked off trying to figure it out...not to say it is ez u do have to think about different tasks. BF please more like this please

[Post New]by Duckwing on Apr 9, 10 1:19 PM
I read the reviews and downloaded the demo. I was very disappointed. The story seemed OK but the graphics were poor.

The hidden objects were very easy to find and all the puzzles I tried were very simple.

Things may improve later in the game but I will not buy it.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 9, 10 1:33 PM
I wish I had waited for this one to come out because the more expensive one was soooo not wort the extra money!

Go to: