bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 9, 10 1:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors technical issues here only

[Post New]by loridobs on Apr 9, 10 4:44 AM
I had no problem running the CE version but now this version will not work! I click on start and get an Access violation error. Any ideas?

Thanks

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Apr 9, 10 4:55 AM
Are people still having problems with the clock hands disappearing? I don't want to purchase the game if I have to go through that again.

BruceH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by BruceH on Apr 9, 10 5:02 AM
I can only get to the cellar, once completed, it ejects me with the message "Thanks for playing the demo!"

Is it a cut-down version for the full game I downloaded? I got it from the front page.

Thanks,

Bruce H

[Post New]by ItsMe01 on Apr 9, 10 5:34 AM
"I had no problem running the CE version but now this version will not work! I click on start and get an Access violation error. Any ideas?"

I changed my user name & am having no problem now playing the game. Hope this helps.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 9, 10 6:19 AM
NSIS Error Installer incomplete or damaged

What does this mean? Is it me or Big Fish? I need to know where to start and see nothing in FAQS

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Apr 9, 10 6:51 AM
Thanks Itsme01, I changed my name and it worked fine!

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 6:52:11 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 9, 10 7:08 AM
no problems for me so far i bought it and am in the nursery now, lockhands worked for me in the CE and also in this game

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Apr 9, 10 7:27 AM
I too cannot get past the cellar because at that point the game closes down.

I replayed it 3 times before I gave up.

Waited for this game to be released at the normal price to buy, but now am glad I

tried the demo first.

Truudi

[Post New]by GypsyJane on Apr 9, 10 7:58 AM
I have played 3 times and get a Thanks for Playing the Demo each time. Do I need to delete it and download it again?

Thanks,

Jane

Still no answer on my question. This is the demo I am trying so I guess I'll just delete it and try another game. Would love to be able to play it but afraid to buy it if I'm having trouble with the demo! Don't want to waste the money!

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 8:51:18 AM PST

[Post New]by VEEDASKID3 on Apr 9, 10 9:04 AM
obrien60 wrote:NSIS Error Installer incomplete or damaged

What does this mean? Is it me or Big Fish? I need to know where to start and see nothing in FAQS

That makes two of us. I have uninstalled, installed cleared, cleaned, and done everything but wax and polished to get this game to work. the demo ran like a charm. So I decided to spend the almost twenty bucks for the full version. I was robbed. I have done everything that can possibly be done and still no joy. I AM NOT HAPPY.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 9, 10 11:07 AM
Veedaskids,
So it is probably not my computer then. Crap. I have been looking forward to this game. I guess I will try to contact the tech fishes. boo hoo. Please post if you get a fix.

Thanks!

[Post New]by kittybelle on Apr 9, 10 12:50 PM
Hi Everyone, I too had the NSIS error. Try this. I uninstalled the game and since the trial version worked fine, I downloaded that again. Don't download from the my account page, it doesn't work. After downloading the trial version in game manager click the buy now button, then the Already purchased this game? button and it will activate automatically. It worked for me.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Apr 9, 10 1:17 PM
It may not be a technical issue, but one of the clock hands disappeared & I cannot get it back. I played the demo the first time when the CE came out & that's when I lost the clock hand. When I downloaded and started the regular edition up It I had to find the key. I saw the clock hand in the box but was unable to click on it. Any suggestions other than starting the game all over again?

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 9, 10 1:34 PM
I was on Firefox for something else and thought what the heck and tried to download from there instead of Explorer. It worked great! woo hoo. Well the download worked, I haven't been on the game yet. lol. I also went on live chat help and got great suggestions from Jon S. in seattle.

Yay bigfish!

[Post New]by billmill50501 on Apr 9, 10 4:15 PM
me too keeps closing in cellar &restarts in cellar all over

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 4:20:34 PM PST

[Post New]by tashinak on Apr 9, 10 6:31 PM
I had to start all over from Level 3 in the living room. I had one match and from the walkthrough I see I was supposed to light the fireplace. Instead I clicked on the chandelier and lit the one candle there - which it let me do. Then I had no more matches and no way to light the fireplace. I clicked everything but couldn't find anything else I could do.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 9, 10 9:44 PM
"I had no problem running the CE version but now this version will not work! I click on start and get an Access violation error. "

Me too. I've been waiting for the regular version

Nouni

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Apr 10, 10 8:46 AM
BruceH wrote:I can only get to the cellar, once completed, it ejects me with the message "Thanks for playing the demo!"

Is it a cut-down version for the full game I downloaded? I got it from the front page.

Thanks,

Bruce H

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Apr 10, 10 8:48 AM
Having the same problem with the cellar screen which shuts you down and then has you playing the same scene over again. I'm reluctant to buy a game that does not perform technically with the trial version. Let me know when this is fixed. I will try changing my name but don't think I should have to do that...the glitch should be fixed.

Go to: