marliza
Herring
Herring
390 Posts

Anyone else get gifts from Elvira today?

[Post New]by marliza on Mar 4, 17 10:34 AM
I got gifts from Elvira and can't figure out who left my neighborhood.
If anybody knows, could they kindly let ME know - either here or by Private Message (PM)? (Or even in-game message.)

Ginjeet
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Anyone else get gifts from Elvira today?

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Mar 4, 17 3:45 PM
I had some and when I went thru everyone and finally figured it out, for me it was Monsun. Shame that it's always the good neighbors that seem to go away....why not the non gifting deadbeats?? No one cares when they go away

Not sure if that helps you or not but that is who disappeared in my hood.

marliza
Herring
Herring
390 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Mar 5, 17 4:26 AM
Thanks, Ginjeet.

It wasn't Monsun for me, as I never had Monsun - or - at least - I don't think I did. I've said yes to a lot of new people lately without even really remembering all the names. I haven't missed-missed anyone yet, that I can think of. I'm not a good keeper of names, I guess.

I'd miss YOU if YOU left my hood. And those who have been around a while. ---- It's still a mystery to me. Maybe I'll never know. .. and know what? - that's okay.

AnandaJoy
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by AnandaJoy on Mar 5, 17 10:05 AM
I would miss you too, Ginjeet

Does a gift from Elvira mean that someone has left?
I've received gifts from her, but have the same number of neighbors.
I keep track of names, and haven't noticed any changes.
Could the gift mean something else? Maybe that a neighbor is sleeping? I do have more sleepers.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 5, 17 11:15 AM
Yes Ananda, if you click on a neighbour who is sleeping to "wake up" and they return to the game, both they and you get a gift from Elvira. I usually press it for the newest players as they might find the charges fun to have if and when they return.

Edited on 03/05/2017 at 11:16:53 AM PST

Ginjeet
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Mar 5, 17 12:47 PM
I would miss the both of you as well as your both wonderful neighbors.

Here all this time I thought the wake up function was something that didn't work anymore. Good to know that it does.

Vulcaness
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Mar 5, 17 1:15 PM
Kittypurrrs wrote:Yes Ananda, if you click on a neighbour who is sleeping to "wake up" and they return to the game, both they and you get a gift from Elvira. I usually press it for the newest players as they might find the charges fun to have if and when they return.

I don't think this functions anymore. At least, I've never been able to get it to work. Has anyone else??

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 5, 17 1:22 PM
yes it does work (for me that is... as we all seem to have glitches that others do not) as I only have 100 neighbours and keep track now, of some who sleep and return so it works for me. I have gotten maybe a dozen gifts from Elvira and it co-incides with their return to the game.

EDIT: They get an email when you click on it. I am not sure if they actually have to open the mail to trigger it.... I just know it works for me)

Edited on 03/05/2017 at 1:24:22 PM PST

Vulcaness
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Mar 5, 17 4:14 PM
I'll start trying it again. I can always use gifts.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Mar 5, 17 4:25 PM
Vulcaness, clicking on it in large screen takes you to the small screen and then you have to click again. It gives random stuff but mostly charges.

Ginjeet
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Ginjeet on Mar 5, 17 5:20 PM
I don't care if they are charges or something else....free is always good in my book....no, no, no....take that free thing back....I want to pay for it

Else_where
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Else_where on Mar 19, 17 2:27 AM
I did wake up several of my neighbours lately and haven't noticed any gifts from Elvira as a reward Doesn't it work for me or what?

[Post New]by Crystal_Snow on Mar 19, 17 6:02 PM
You aren't the only one. It doesn't work for me either. I still keep hoping though.

AnandaJoy
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by AnandaJoy on Mar 19, 17 8:25 PM
I received a gift from Elvira *once* when a sleeping neighbor returned.
Usually it doesn't happen.
I wonder if they have to return the same day you send a wake-up.
As I understand it, each "wake up" sends them a personal email. I don't want to flood them with emails, so I don't send a "wake-up" every day.

Go to: