Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Cities Mosaics here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 6, 17 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/06/2017 at 5:29:55 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Cities Mosaics here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 6, 17 5:30 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on World's Greatest Cities Mosaics here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on World's Greatest Cities Mosaics.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 6, 17 9:34 AM
Cute, relaxing, and on occasion challenging Definitely worth a try

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 6, 17 11:26 PM
It's an interesting variation of this type puzzle. Some of the patterned tiles are a bit hard on the eyes for those of us with less than perfect vision, but it's nice to have some animation, too. Although we have the multiple colors separately and auto-completion, there are still some grids where you either have to use hints or guess as there's no logical way to figure out where to place tiles. At least this game gives us the chance to still get 3 stars even where we have to use a few hints (but I'd prefer to be able to use logic anyway).

GoodOldDad
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldDad on Mar 7, 17 12:00 PM
Agreed Georgiarealist, the game has some original concepts and is certainly very colourful and should have been fun to play. However, I was bothered that the counter doesn't appear on the black tiles, probably because the font for the counter is also black. It was also somewhat annoying that the autofill is flawed, sometimes not completing an entire solved row/column with blanks but instead leaving apparently random open squares here and there. However, the deal breaker for me was that some puzzles cannot not be solved entirely by logic alone. It's supposed to be a puzzle, not a guessing game! All of this combined made it a no buy for me. Too bad, it showed promise!

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Mar 7, 17 2:02 PM
I generally buy these games with my monthly credit or on the 2.99 specials, or with a coupon. In this case, I'm really glad I didn't spend the money on the game.
I love these puzzles...but they are supposed to be solvable with logic. Starting with Level 6, there are puzzles that cannot be solved with logic alone. While the "labyrinth" is fun, all the ones so far have been very elementary to complete.
I guess when I want to spend money on these I'll buy them in book form or go to my favorite website for these puzzles.
Ah, well, as I said, I didn't spend any "real" money on it, so I'll enjoy it for what it's worth.

[Post New]by mnance1948 on Mar 15, 17 4:27 PM
Graphics are good, except for some games where there is little contrast.

HOWEVER, I personally hate mosaic games where you must guess and not use logic. There are too many of these levels.

I also dislike where when you "replay", you are taken back to the beginning of the level as opposed to the current puzzle. Very frustrating to play the previous puzzles again. I also like mosaic puzzles which give you the time taken to complete.

My recommendation is not to buy.

World Mosaics 7 is an excellent game which I have played for mahy hours, trying to reduce my times.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Apr 1, 17 6:42 AM
I think this is one of the best griddler games from Big Fish. I just adore seeing the flowers "bloom" and the water come alive. I'm even enjoying the labyrinths. Hope the developers will do another one soon since I am almost finished playing this one

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on May 7, 17 12:22 PM
I've just finished the game, and enjoyed it for the most part. There is definitely a problem with the autofill - it doesn't work reliably - but careful attention can prevent mistakes.

I liked the background music, as I use these games to relax.

The only thing I could really wish for is the same thing that the Fantasy Mosaics games finally fixed - a way to get a really good look at the background images behind the grids. The artwork, from what I can tell, is gorgeous, so why not show it off?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for World's Greatest Cities Mosaics here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 1, 17 12:09 AM
Ordinarily, I would insist on all puzzles being solvable by logic alone. But when, as here, there is a limit on the number of hints, and I keep coming in under that limit by applying one hint at a time followed (if possible) by adding more cells by logic, I'm happy!

The graphics are highly enjoyable, particularly those labeled "Mystery Lands" where there are boats, birds, butterflies, etc., moving on the board--especially if you start with the last "color" rather than always with the first.

The social studies info is no attraction, but then it's delightfully easy to ignore.

I'm quite glad I bought this one and its sequel.

Go to: