Design Sunken Secrets

Design Sunken Secrets

[Post New]by pisoipis0i on Mar 8, 17 2:50 PM
Hi. Sunken Secrets - Why did you change the design of some items like "lemon", "pumpkin", "tomato"...? The new one are horrible, they look like my 5 years old nephew draw them. The game was been so realistic as design and now this... Please change them back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pisoi

Edited on 03/08/2017 at 3:25:56 PM PST

Ickis
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Design Sunken Secrets

[Post New]by Ickis on Mar 8, 17 3:49 PM
The new designs are a bit...disconcerting. Especially since not everything changed. I think they just look more cartoon-ish and less realistic. I would like to see either all items go to the new look or all go back to the way they were. Seeing my plum jam same as always in between the new plums and the new plum juice is just weird. I think it will just take time to get use to the new look. I would just prefer they all be in the same style one way or the other.

lois1231
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by lois1231 on Mar 8, 17 6:38 PM
I agree i have a hard time telling what some are. It is alright to upgrade them but don't make them look so cartoony. I like the overall change just might them look more real

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 8, 17 10:00 PM
I'm more worried about the fact that the last few updates haven't given us any new content. They've wasted time, IMHO, with graphics updates that could have been spent giving us something else to do! I agree that the cartoonish new graphics don't fit with everything else and I can't begin to imagine why they released only a few items in the new design. But I still feel like we've called a plumber to fix our leaky pipes and they painted the walls instead.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 8, 17 11:49 PM
Although most of the new designs are recognisable, some are not, and some are very similar so that you have to guess which is which. And to be honest, there was nothing wrong with the design we had before, so personally, I wouldn't mind getting the old design back.

Witchy55
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Witchy55 on Mar 9, 17 3:13 AM
The changes look pretty good. It's difficult to tell the difference between onions and carrots though. I suggest you make the onions more yellow and the carrots longer to fix that.

It's still difficult to tell the difference between Plum Jam and Berry Jam.

Witchy55
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Witchy55 on Mar 9, 17 3:41 AM
Still need a way to make telling the difference between Berry Jam and Plum Jam though. Perhaps one of them should be in a slightly different container?

gkagan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gkagan on Mar 9, 17 4:41 AM
I like the new designs for the fruit, etc. They are bold & colorful. I am having to get used to the new onions, tho...they look a bit like oranges. I notice there is now a new island available but I can't find the fresco to complete to get it. Help, anyone?

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Mar 9, 17 4:51 AM
gkagan wrote:I notice there is now a new island available but I can't find the fresco to complete to get it. Help, anyone?

I don't have any new islands.
I just have Unicorn, Panda, Giant & Toy.

Rivakonneva
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Rivakonneva on Mar 9, 17 10:56 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:I just have Unicorn, Panda, Giant & Toy.

Someday I'll get to clear the fresco for Toy Island. Thanks to this update, it'll happen faster!

angels269
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Design Sunken Secrets

[Post New]by angels269 on Mar 9, 17 7:39 PM
pisoipis0i wrote:Hi. Sunken Secrets - Why did you change the design of some items like "lemon", "pumpkin", "tomato"...? The new one are horrible, they look like my 5 years old nephew draw them. The game was been so realistic as design and now this... Please change them back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pisoi

I agree I do not like the new graphics, there was nothing wrong with the old ones and you could tell what there were more easily. My game keeps crashing when I try
to get rid of the evil ones, has anyone had any updates to the update to fix
this problem. I really like the game, please do not spoil it.
sunshine

sayakan
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sayakan on Mar 9, 17 10:47 PM
No, I don't like the new design, too. I don' feel good harvesting them. My motivation for the game goes down if you are going to go in this way for everything.

kiwicrone
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kiwicrone on Mar 9, 17 11:21 PM
Really like the new graphics and the changes to upgrading.The underwater experience is really fast and great. Thanks for the great update it really speeds up the game.

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Mar 10, 17 9:32 AM
gkagan wrote:I like the new designs for the fruit, etc. They are bold & colorful. I am having to get used to the new onions, tho...they look a bit like oranges. I notice there is now a new island available but I can't find the fresco to complete to get it. Help, anyone?

They may be bold and colorful, but I agree with the other comments.... too cartoony. I wish they would find a happy medium or go back to the way it was. If they could take the other graphics and enlarge them a little then add a filter to make them a bit more vibrant they might work, but I also agree that they could have spent time getting us the "coming soon". That is like the mystery of "coming soon". I saw that like 2 years ago on my iPhone and still see it on PC. I realize they say they want to make sure it is all ready, but, good grief, they didn't seem to care during the Christmas Debacle!

Yes the fruit and veggiies were OK the way they were. They looked more realistic. The Rare plant looks horrible. The bowls for soup, stew etc look good but the contents look flat. The others look like balloons, we could put them in the Macey's Thanksgiving Parade.....

Edited on 03/10/2017 at 9:50:10 AM PST

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Mar 10, 17 9:43 AM
The other thing I notice with the new graphics is that the apple and tomatoe can easily be confused, and the strawberry and the raspberry. The vibrante colors and shadowing are OK but the texture is lacking.

As far as the underwater, I appreciate the faster dives, but maybe not quite so fast? Okay Okay, don't throw rotten veggies at me! I mean, I thought it was way too much before but it seems like it is Black or white, all or nothing etc . Now there seems to be no use for basalts, yet some people are selling it nonetheless. What happens if nobody bus it from you market? Does it permanently ruin one basket?

I have so much amber now, I guess everybody will be selling that now, like they were with the basalts before. Balance is the key, happy medium., if you will. I do have to say I like getting the dive done in a little while now, I just feel like I'm scurrying around now. I suppose I can make it last I just get going and feel compelled to finish what I start..... {{OCD much?}}

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 10, 17 10:19 AM
katrinaceleste wrote:

As far as the underwater, I appreciate the faster dives, but maybe not quite so fast? Okay Okay, don't throw rotten veggies at me! I mean, I thought it was way too much before but it seems like it is Black or white, all or nothing etc . Now there seems to be no use for basalts, yet some people are selling it nonetheless. What happens if nobody bus it from you market? Does it permanently ruin one basket?

[Throwing rotten veggies] Just kidding, lol I couldn't resist (forgive me )

The reason you see basalt in the market is that some players were still in a dive when they downloaded and when they resurface they had basalt that wasn't there during the conversion. Why some players games were still in an old dive and some players got the new dive in the middle of a current one is a mystery.

The basalt they put up in the market will get purchased by a game bot so they won't lose a basket and will still get the coins from selling them.

On a personal note. I was taken aback by the graphics changes. I know I'll get used it. I'm just glad they changed the diving and if it means accepting a new look to products it's ok by me.

The diving is surprisingly fast. But imagine if you had a full time job... this is heaven. You still have a 12 hour rest period. So you can only get 1 or 2 dives per day (depending). Sure beats 36 hours like the last diving or even still when it used to take over 48 hours. For some who don't have time to collect magic these dives were near impossible and progress was excruciatingly slow.

I have a friend that was locked out in the Winter Event and got caught in the housing upgrade debacle update that set many players backwards. Thanks to this new dive she FINALLY got some progress made. This player was on the brink of giving up and now has new hope and joy with the game again.

It's just a matter of perspective. We all just have to learn to accept some things and raise our voices when it comes to game problems and offer solutions.

Edited on 03/10/2017 at 10:20:21 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Mar 10, 17 10:21 AM
katrinaceleste wrote:As far as the underwater, I appreciate the faster dives, but maybe not quite so fast?

I tend to agree. Now, it's like a mini-game.

katrinaceleste wrote:Now there seems to be no use for basalts, yet some people are selling it nonetheless. What happens if nobody buys it from you market? Does it permanently ruin one basket?

No, a bot (Stranger, Island, Panda) will buy it and remove it from the game.

I think the current turbo-powered dives give us a chance to make some progress on the achievements for collecting elements and cursed items.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 10, 17 10:33 AM
katrinaceleste
I think you have to have some level of ocd to stick with this grinder of a game, lol!! I thought maybe I needed some therapy but I am releaved to know its not just me!

I keep mistaking the new stew bowl for my cats kibble bowl and bugs bunny sure likes the big fat carrots and when I planted strawberrys they grew into tomatoes.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Mar 10, 17 4:15 PM
Valdy wrote:Although most of the new designs are recognisable, some are not, and some are very similar so that you have to guess which is which. And to be honest, there was nothing wrong with the design we had before, so personally, I wouldn't mind getting the old design back.
YES! YES! YES!! Please bring back the old designs!!! Feel like I am playing a kid's game with these new graphics. NOT in favor of the new look.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Mar 10, 17 7:40 PM
If they can't give us the old look back, can they at lease when we are in the market trying to buy something put the name above the item so we can figure out what we are buying? I purchased something red which I thought was a tomato but when I got back to my Island, it wasn't a tomato I bought and still don't know what it was.

Go to: