Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,203 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 9, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/09/2017 at 6:36:22 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,487 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 9, 17 6:36 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

snfan
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: The Black Hawk Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by snfan on Mar 9, 17 7:26 AM
The game keeps pausing. The only way to continue is to press the skip. I removed the game and redownloaded it. Seems to be working ok now.

Edited on 03/09/2017 at 8:16:20 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 9, 17 12:24 PM
I can't say I loved this game, and I know far too much about 17th century France to suspend disbelief enough to play the game with any degree of fun. No last name of anyone I saw was actually French, either made up like Blua, or English like Rave or Astor, or just odd, like Charlie. Two sous have a final "s," it's not two sou. Having the Cardinal as a good guy kind of irks me, and those monks, normally the least wealthy and impressive in the hierarchy, were living in a pretty fancy place, and all those locks we have to open to do anything, and if I had problems with my heart, I wouldn't want to wait the time it took to get the locked cabinet open where my heart medicine was concealed, and why conceal it in the first place. Not for me, even with the collectible which was very easy to see and the morphing objects which weren't that interesting. I hate the troll guy and the nasty cat -- I seem to remember doing a beta in this series recently and having the same reactions. It's obvious some people will have fun with this, but not me. Sorry.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 9, 17 1:10 PM
Hello friends! I believe this is #10 in this series. I have a number of these, but not the last few. If you have played any of the others in this series, then this one will be no surprise to you. Graphics are far better than the last game. Colors are very clear and true. Game play was good and the scene fit my large screen nicely. Animation was quite good and movements are smooth. Voices are age and character appropriate, but are few and far between, and there seems to be a little more character interaction in this one, but not a whole lot. There doesn't seem to be a lot of emotion in the voices either, but it is a little better than the last game in the series. As usual, sound FX are okay when we have them, but mostly we have music. The music is soothing, but gets monotonous very quickly. Oh yes, we have the creepy dwarf as usual. The dwarf does nothing for the story line and I got real tired of listening to him grunt...definitely not needed and to me, he takes away from the game.

HOPs are a combination of interactive silhouettes and interactive lists. There isn't anything else you can switch to when you get bored with the same old HOP. The HOP scenes have been a little cleaned up in this addition, but still somewhat cluttered. Puzzles are not bad, but are very simple and take no brain power to complete. I do not care for the "follow the line" puzzles at all. I got bored with those very quickly. I found nothing really challenging. Hint system is quite helpful, but it does not transport to longer locations. This would have been helpful, as you do a lot of back tracking to the same locations. Yes, there is a jump map that you can use and it does identify locations of interest. The map scenes are very small.

Collectibles weren't bad. We need to find 35 tokens, which are large and colorful and easy to spot. You need to these to build the family castle. I assume this happens at the end of the game. We also have 34 morphing items to find in each scene. These are subtle morphs, mostly in color or shape, but not in what the item is. These are easy to miss. I also ran across two eyeballs during the demo. Not sure what they are for, but I see that we need to find 12. They are very large as well.

I will admit that this addition is a little better than the last one, but it still has the same old story line, with no real challenge. Maybe I'm just tired of this series, but it just didn't excite me that much. The demo was quite short, which doesn't help either. I think they need to give this one a rest. That said, I'm actually on the fence about this one, so I will put it in my puddle and think about it a bit. As I said above, there are things I do like about the game. If a really good sale comes along, I may get it. I will recommend this for beginners, or for those of us who just want a lazy day kind of game. I have many like that.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Mar 9, 17 3:41 PM
If you have any disability involving your hands (shaky, hard to control for fine point movement, rapid movement, etc.) you will have to skip games. I had to skip the bell as I'm too shaky or the draw the line is too sensitive. Also the get the knife to cut self loose game as I cannot click rapidly enough to get into the green. Why don't developers ever listen to those of us w/ disabilities? We like to get the achievements same as everyone else.
I too am sick of the dwarf. Game could have been made just fine w/o him.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Mar 9, 17 10:23 PM
Lilac13, You have my sympathy. I have a neurological condition and puzzles such as the lines are impossible. Just happy that the added feature, Custom, was there so I could hit Skip in seconds. I don't like having to Skip puzzles but necessary. Developers have a broad audience to satisfy but for the life of me I can't understand the enjoyment anyone of having to do one of these keep in the line puzzles -- but they keep including them.

[Post New]by simplicity19 on Mar 17, 17 4:52 PM
I find this game very difficult to work through. The logic of events and clues escapes me and I rarely have a problem with most games. The story line is the same stuff as many have said. Really tired of the dwarf too. He never did fit in any of the stories for me very well. Pretty blah and struggling to get through. I also find the map cumbersome! It really does not guide one well. I like being challenged and can usually figure out the next step with little assistance from the strategy guide. This game I have used it way beyond too many times! And now trying to place my ten dolphin pieces cannot do! Very frustrated!!

Edited on 03/17/2017 at 5:40:34 PM PST

rdekker1
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Mar 20, 17 10:35 AM
So disappointed. I usually love the Haunted Legend games but I just couldn't get into this one.

Go to: