skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

For "Swap-Only" Players -- Think Outside the Box!

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 9, 17 10:24 AM
I thought I would share my "discovery" on what will make this game more enjoyable to some players. My preference in M3s is the swap mode....BUT....switching back and forth from swap to chained mode during a level is much more productive and more fun. I think this is what the devs had in mind by providing you with this option. If you get stuck with limited swap moves, simply click on the chain mode and lots of other moves "open up". Remember that you can connect diagonally as well. Also, you have more chances of creating "octopus bombs", by connecting 4 or more purple octopus. You can alternate so easily by just one click on the mode choices. In fact, even though I prefer the swap mode, in some levels I used the chain mode the majority of the time, because I was having so much fun creating explosions. I haven't used the group mode yet, but I haven't finished the game.

One other tip....keep track of which levels contain power-ups to collect by dropping them off the board. You probably will have to go back and replay those levels, to replenish your supply (especially the hammerheads starting at level 12).

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:For "Swap-Only" Players -- Think Outside the Box!

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 9, 17 11:46 AM
Thanks for the info, skpjazz.

I was thrilled to see that I was able to use all 3 modes with the same grid. Haven't seen that done before. It definitely makes it easier to get passed the more difficult levels.

I also love those "hidden object scenes", but wish there was a Hint button, because sometimes it's very hard to see where a part is hidden.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 9, 17 4:49 PM
Thanks, Valdy, for your acknowledgment of my post! I hope others have read this as well.

Do you think SynthpopAddict would be proud of me for (almost) assuming her role in this forum? She is the M3 Master, but I don't think this game is on her list to play. I say this with no disrespect of her or Rokapublish. I appreciate both of them for their separate expertise.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 9, 17 8:00 PM
skpjazz wrote:Do you think SynthpopAddict would be proud of me for (almost) assuming her role in this forum? I don't think this game is on her list to play.

Hi skpjazz, good to see you in the forums once again! It's nice that others are willing to help since I've been having trouble posting and PMing quite a bit lately don't know what it is.

You're right that I don't have this game, but if it's hair-pulling (scale-pulling?) hard I might check it out. I'm usually not a chain to match M3 fan because the dragging hurts my carpal tunnel, but a good challenge might be worth it. Didn't Rokapublish make Stones of Rome and Jewel Venture a few years back (both of which were challenging games, SoR I hated at first but it grew on me and I did master it after a few plays ).

Edited on 03/09/2017 at 8:04:12 PM PST

Ker72
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Ker72 on Mar 10, 17 2:05 AM
Hi Valdy, the hidden object mini games are sometimes really tricky. There is a hint button for all who need some help finding the last missing pieces. On the right side of the box where all found pieces are collected a bubble slowly inflates which says "HINT". It really takes some time to inflate even after you used it, so you have to be patient.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 10, 17 8:22 AM
Oh... thank you so much for that info, Ker72. I would have never noticed that hint bubble.

Edited to add: I just had another go to see where that hint bubble is, and realised that I have been hitting at the spot which makes the hint bubbles appear quite often, but never realised they were hints, showing me where an object is hidden.

Edited on 03/10/2017 at 8:57:07 AM PST

Go to: