Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for In Service of the Queen here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 10, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/10/2017 at 5:09:51 AM PST

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for In Service of the Queen here.

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Mar 10, 17 4:04 AM
Game seems like it could be great, however it is very slow with the pace. I always play on relaxed mode. hope someone else has better luck than me. I will go back to playing my viking games. lol have a great day.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 10, 17 5:10 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on In Service of the Queen here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on In Service of the Queen.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by sobosdonna on Mar 10, 17 5:17 AM
This game, to be a time management game, is very slow paced. It feels "old" in that you have to select one task and wait for the little guy to go back to the castle before you can select the next task. The items you need to build are pre-selected so there is no strategy involved, based on how far I went.

I stopped at about level 5 out of sheer boredom. This game is not on par with your other time management games.

Reddlass2
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by Reddlass2 on Mar 10, 17 6:26 AM
It's an okay game, not up to the standards of some of the other Tm games. Slow pace and story line is very simple, not alot of fun in the plot.

I have now been playing the game for a few days off and on, I understand the strategy involved in playing now, and I'm enjoying it. Look past the graphics and if you truly love time management games, time when to pick up and what to pick up is the challenge. This game has grown on me, and I really enjoy it. Hope you all give it a chance and have fun with it, I no longer think it is slow paced, it takes thinking ahead and planning.....

Edited on 03/13/2017 at 12:33:32 PM PST

hughchik
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by hughchik on Mar 10, 17 8:50 AM
I'm really enjoying this game. I played the Beta and wasn't very impressed - I thought it was too easy and rather boring. I'm glad to see they took my comments (or someone else's ) under review and made changes.

The game is very strategic - you have to plan your moves and use of resources rather carefully. I've lost count of how many times I've had to restart a level because I've used too much of a certain item too soon.

I'm a big TM fan and own (and have played ) just about every one available.

This ones's worth a try.

@ sobosdonna: There is a multiclick mode available which allows you to click on tasks in advance, although if resources are collected they still go back to the castle first to drop them off.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 10, 17 11:01 AM
I chose "Relaxed" mode and still only got 2 stars. Why not all 3, since I accomplished the tasks and wasn't being timed?

Not impressed.

EDIT:

I've tried some more levels in the Relaxed mode, but am still not getting 3 stars on some of them. This mode does not appear to work properly, since there's no other criteria I can see for not getting all 3 stars.

No sale.

Edited on 03/10/2017 at 8:14:32 PM PST

srg9
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by srg9 on Mar 11, 17 5:59 AM
Really disappointed in this game! What a waste of time and effort. I agree with a previous reviewer that stated that he/she would go back to the Viking games! I've played them over and over and they're still great.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Mar 11, 17 8:03 AM
I would say this game is mediocre as far as Time Management games are concerned. Nothing different from any other TM game and I wasn't able to get 3 stars on a few levels despite moving as quickly as I could. I decided to save my credit for another game.

julesy

stingstungme
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by stingstungme on Mar 12, 17 11:15 AM
This game is HORRIBLE.

No common sense or logic was used when designing this game.
I played on relaxed mode and was frustrated beyond belief.

I spent about 53 minutes on the first 7 levels.
I had to replay levels because resources were lacking.

You literally have to follow a linear route in order to finish the level or you will run out of resources and have to restart.

If you play games like MKFTP, Northern Tale, Fable of Dwarfs, Island Tribe, Kingdom Chronicles, and etc you know that you can beat a level several different ways.

Not this game. You have to go A,B,C,D just like the developers or you will not get 3 stars or you will end up hitting restart because you're out of food, wood, whatever.

I got 1 star on the 1st level and replayed it for 3. Think I had 2 stars on levels 5 and 6. Got a 1 star on level 7 before I said enough with this madness.

Why is this timer on relaxed mode faster than regular modes on other TM games?

Relaxed mode should be either no timer or a very forgiving timer. There is NO forgiveness here.

And relaxed mode, I didn't see any visible timer other than the game minute. But I guess when you're down to 1 star, you hear a fast ticking. Yes, this is relaxed mode.

Edited on 03/12/2017 at 11:17:28 AM PST

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Mar 12, 17 1:36 PM
A step backwards in the graphics. Still quite nice. Nice music... BUT... you HAVE to be able to click ahead! Too frustrating waiting for the runner to get back to base before clicking. This is Rule number one in these games, so because of that annoyance I won't be buying. It's a shame that because of that one simple thing left out, it can ruin a nice quaint game.

time4t
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by time4t on Mar 13, 17 7:41 AM
Would be a fun game if did not have to wait for the workers to get back to home or at least have a worker run faster choice early on and the time needs to be longer to be able to get 3 stars. I don't mind having to strategize to use supplies. It is challenging.

[Post New]by freelance52 on Mar 13, 17 7:21 PM
The 'advertising blurb' for this game states that there are 59 levels. I have completed 44 levels and can't see/find the other 15!! Anybody else got past level 44 - if so , please share the secret of how to get to the missing 15 levels!!

Wolfangels
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfangels on Mar 14, 17 12:05 PM
"freelance52" .. BF posted the infor. for the Platinum Edition & this game is not the CE.. It was fun until I couldn't find the other levels and realize how short the game was.

~Wolf~

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 22, 17 12:14 AM
time4tea said when she said you have to sit there and watch your players take their sweet time doing the tasks you set up while the timer runs out. I liked it at first and bought it, I should have waited until the demo was over, cause I never would have. Oh, and the graphics look like a child drew them.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Apr 14, 17 11:13 AM

Quite an old style game, no bells and whistles. and rather basic animation.

However, I didn't find it boring. There is a lot of strategy involved to achieve 3 stars on each level.

I wouldn't mind seeing another game from this dev, maybe without the workers having to return to the castle each time - that would be nice !

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Aug 27, 17 2:01 PM
I really enjoyed the game. Sorry I finished it! I played in relaxed mode. For those of you who thought it too slow you should have upgraded Home base for 2 runners. I got 3 stars on all levels. Please come out with another. I'm out of TM's and miss them.

Go to: