BW2: 2017 St. Patrick's Celebration!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Mar 10, 17 11:07 AM
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Bushwhackers!
The Commons is greener than usual! That’s because the Commons Party Planning Committee is putting on a St. Patrick’s day party!

Unfortunately, the guests of honour seem to have gotten lost in the bushes. Go whack them up and help them find their way to the Event Area!

There are eight Leprechauns to whack up that will help you put on a rocking St. Patrick’s Day party! Every day the event goes on, the odds to whack them up gets larger, so you can get them all before it ends. Three of them will have turn-in stations for you to do and the others will have repeatable quests for you to do for event progress.

Unlocking throughout the event are previous year quest lines:

Mr. Keith is looking to put out his special brew again. Help him find the ingredients.

Seamus is in the mood to do some whacking of his own, but first he needs your help to make the perfect shillelagh.

Siobhan is throwing her version of an Irish Feast...but the dishes got lost in the bushes. Go find them for her!

Those poor snakes are tired of being whacked so often. Help their leader out by setting up his snake relocation program efforts.

Help Bree learn about Irish mythology!

New for 2017:

We added two new quest lines this year! Mr. Keith has some competition, and a new leprechaun friend has a fun little task for you! They will unlock as the event goes on.

This event runs until Friday March 24th @ Noon PDT.

Re:BW2: 2017 St. Patrick's Celebration!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Mar 10, 17 11:10 AM
Event Achievements -- POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT
There are a total of FIFTEEN possible achievements to earn in the St. Patrick’s Day 2017 event.

Achievements Returning for 2017
Little Rascal - Capture a pesky missing Leprechaun.
More Little Rascals - Capture all of the pesky missing Leprechauns.
Destructive Behavior - Help 25 times at each St. Patrick's Station.
A Perfect Brew - Help Mr. Keith make his brew.
King of Clubs - Help Seamus make a Shillelagh.
Mythological Detective - You helped Bree learn about Irish Mythology.

Added/Changed for 2017
Crafty Brewing - Help Alec Guiness brew the craftiest of St. Patrick's beers.
Rainbow Cloud Island - Find all of the special items on the Rainbow Cloud Island.
Patty's Purchases - Purchase all of the 2017 St. Patrick's Day event items.*

We also have 6 achievements from previous years which may be earned by spending Bush Bucks if you missed getting them the first time around.

My Leprechaun! - Whack a Leprechaun while dressed like Rainbow (Wearing custom items from 2014.)
My Rainbow! - Whack Rainbow while dressed like a Leprechaun (Wearing custom items from 2013.)
Always Wearing Green - Purchase all of the 2016 St. Patrick's Day event items.
Lucky Purchase - Purchase all of the 2015 St. Patrick's custom items.
Rainbow Braid - Purchase all of the 2014 St. Patrick's custom items.
Green Pride Week - Purchase all of the 2013 St. Patrick's custom items.

* The St. Patrick’s mini-golf piece is not included in the Patty's Purchases achievement.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Mar 10, 17 11:13 AM
FAQ

What are the different leprechauns?
You can whack up two types of leprechauns: hatted and non-hatted.

- There are 8 hatted ones to find, 3 will unlock turn-in stations, and the other 5 will give you daily quests. You must manually whack these ones to capture them.

- The non-hatted ones will drop items for you to turn into the turn-in stations. You can quick whack and mana whack non-hatted leprechauns when they appear if you wish. The non-hatted leprechauns will *always* drop some turn-in items, rather than just having a chance to.

How can I find the leprechauns?
Just keep whacking. You could whack them all up in a day if you wanted to. The odds to whack up hatted leprechauns will increase as the event goes on.

What adds to my event progress?
Turning in items to the Gold, Beer and Clover stations, and doing quests for folks in the event area.

Do I have to do the achievements?
No. Completing the goals for the achievements is totally optional. You get either a large energy pack or a title for your character from them, no event progress.

Edited on 03/10/2017 at 11:15:10 AM PST

[Post New]by ultraviolet69 on Mar 11, 17 1:30 PM
So I'm trying to solve the field puzzle on Rainbow's End Island, and it's such slow going I really don't know if it can be solved in time remaining for this challenge. Yes, the bushes/critters are only 1 or 2 energy, but I've only whacked up 1 puzzle piece and I've been whacking in this field for almost an hour. There are 56 pieces in this puzzle, and I'm not sure most people are willing to devote 56 hours to solving a puzzle. Is this rate of puzzle piece drop correct, or is there some way to speed it up to a more reasonable rate of drop?

Update edit: the rate of drop did seem to improve, but it's still extremely slow going. I played non-stop from 1:30 to 2:30, hitting quick whack constantly. I got another 10 puzzle pieces. In 2 hours of non-stop play (with the exception of a 5 minute bathroom break), I found a total of 11 pieces out of 56 and used almost 10000 energy. The rate of drop for the other holiday quest items and appearance of leprechauns was extremely low as well. This seems excessive to me.

Edited on 03/11/2017 at 2:33:54 PM PST

CandyDay1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by CandyDay1 on Mar 11, 17 1:37 PM
I too am using up lots of energy on rainbow island and haven't gotten any pieces yet. Some other people in the chat are saying they have this issue as well.

[Post New]by melmc244 on Mar 11, 17 3:26 PM
I'm having the same problem. I've been in the rainbow island field for awhile, still haven't found a puzzle piece.

tgcougar
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by tgcougar on Mar 11, 17 5:19 PM
At this time, I spent about 5K energy and received maybe 10 pieces. It is slow going as the bushes are 'geared down'. Normally I get a dooty every four quick whacks, so (38x6x4) or 912 energy. At 1 point bushes, that is 153 quick whacks. No harm in asking for them to look into your particular situations though -

And remember, don't use mana on small field like this one!

[Post New]by jademyst1129 on Mar 11, 17 10:33 PM
Having the same problem with too much time to get very few puzzle pieces. Not only that, but I'm not getting nearly as many leprechauns or other event items. I'm assuming the drop rate is linked to energy spent, so when the bushes are only 1 or 2xp, it's going to take far longer to generate an item or a puzzle piece. This is a bummer for me, as I'm going on vacation soon and won't be able to play during the entire event. Now that I've started this particular challenge, I would like to at least finish it, but that hardly looks possible considering the puzzle piece drop rate.

[Post New]by BuddhaBuddy on Mar 12, 17 12:23 AM
There is no way this is not a bug..

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Mar 12, 17 12:52 AM
Given the atrocious drop rate for quest items and puzzle pieces, I've completely lost interest in this quest. I intend to finish off the rest of the event and perhaps then address the Rainbow Island mess. Someone on chat said he'd spent over 10K energy for 28 puzzle pieces, using a souped up puzzle pet. Maybe the developers could take a look at this before the event ends.

[Post New]by shamrock123 on Mar 12, 17 3:57 AM
This may be completely coincidental, but I started the Rainbow Island puzzle with around 10k energy. By the time I was down to just under 4k, I was getting tired of it because I'd only gotten a few quest items and no puzzle pieces at all. I decided to look around the island and give up on the puzzle. While looking around, I found 4 items that could be clicked on and if you find them all it completes the Rainbow Cloud Island - Find all of the special items on the Rainbow Cloud Island event achievement. I went beck to the puzzle field and so far I've gone through less than 700 energy and I've gotten 6 puzzle pieces and the drop rate for quest items picked up a lot as well.

Like I said, it may just be a coincident, but it's worth trying to see if it works for you.

[Post New]by mumwooshie on Mar 12, 17 8:28 AM
Like everyone else I'm finding RAINBOW ISLAND very slow going. I've been on there for almost 2 hours, collected all the items, recieved the large energy pack, using a special rune for puzzles and still only got 12 pieces! This really needs sorting out as it is spoilling the game for me.

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Mar 12, 17 9:07 AM
I am beyond fed up with Rainbow Island. The problem is the excessively low bush level. It's take 4 power wack just to make the equivalent of one regular bush. That means a crapload of power wacking to blast through enough bushes to just to get a puzzle piece. Just give the damn bushes their usual player level(38 pts each in my case) so we can finish this is in minutes, instead of hours. Over 2 hours of power wacking just to get 48 puzzle pieces is ridiculous.

ETA: Ha! Finally got my last puzzle piece. Took me a little over 14K energy all told. For a 56 pieces puzzle. Lousy, LOUSY! drop rate. And in case anyone wondered, b/t pet, runes and trinkets, my odds to win puzzle pieces was upped by 96.4%

Edited on 03/12/2017 at 9:32:35 AM PST

[Post New]by ultraviolet69 on Mar 12, 17 12:40 PM
teisfortiger wrote:I am beyond fed up with Rainbow Island. The problem is the excessively low bush level. It's take 4 power wack just to make the equivalent of one regular bush. That means a crapload of power wacking to blast through enough bushes to just to get a puzzle piece. Just give the damn bushes their usual player level(38 pts each in my case) so we can finish this is in minutes, instead of hours. Over 2 hours of power wacking just to get 48 puzzle pieces is ridiculous.

ETA: Ha! Finally got my last puzzle piece. Took me a little over 14K energy all told. For a 56 pieces puzzle. Lousy, LOUSY! drop rate. And in case anyone wondered, b/t pet, runes and trinkets, my odds to win puzzle pieces was upped by 96.4%

Sounds like the rate of drop was a lot better for you than it was for me. I played for 2 hours yesterday, used 10k energy, and only got 11 pieces.

Can a moderator chime in here please? It would be nice to have some sort of validation of our complaints.

Edit: Ok, the price to whack in the field has gone up to whatever your current rank cost is. I'm hoping this will resolve the problem. Too bad I discovered this after I had used almost all my energy for the day. I will have to test it later today after more energy has accumulated.

Edited on 03/12/2017 at 2:43:56 PM PST

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Mar 12, 17 6:53 PM
Yay! It's fixed. Thanks to the developers for working on the weekend to clear this up.

ElsaStar96
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ElsaStar96 on Mar 13, 17 7:19 AM
ultraviolet69 wrote:
teisfortiger wrote:I am beyond fed up with Rainbow Island. The problem is the excessively low bush level. It's take 4 power wack just to make the equivalent of one regular bush. That means a crapload of power wacking to blast through enough bushes to just to get a puzzle piece. Just give the damn bushes their usual player level(38 pts each in my case) so we can finish this is in minutes, instead of hours. Over 2 hours of power wacking just to get 48 puzzle pieces is ridiculous.

Sounds like the rate of drop was a lot better for you than it was for me. I played for 2 hours yesterday, used 10k energy, and only got 11 pieces.

Can a moderator chime in here please? It would be nice to have some sort of validation of our complaints.

Edit: Ok, the price to whack in the field has gone up to whatever your current rank cost is. I'm hoping this will resolve the problem. Too bad I discovered this after I had used almost all my energy for the day. I will have to test it later today after more energy has accumulated.

Hi all, the cost of bushes is still 1 or 2 for me, it hasn't gone up.

Well shiver me timbers...Upon entering rainbows end, when I hovered the bushes they were 1 and 2 energy to whack....but...after the first whack they were up to 38,does a happy dance.

Edited on 03/13/2017 at 7:55:24 AM PST

kiki_ar
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kiki_ar on Mar 13, 17 12:49 PM
Maybe this a silly question, but it's my 1st St. Patrick's event...

Do I have to catch the 4th. leprechaun, to open the the 3rd. turn-in station... or it will open by itself?

Sorry, but I didn't understand this step in Erika's guide..

Thanks!!!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Mar 13, 17 1:38 PM
@ Everyone: Sorry about the 1 energy bushes. We've made a note to check fields to ensure the bushes scale properly with your level in the future.

As to the low drop rate, quest item drops and spawns, and puzzle pieces, are awarded based on energy spent towards the next drop.

If something drops normally in 1 quick whack of 6x 38 energy bushes/creatures, then it would require that you spend 228 energy whacking 1 energy bushes and creatures in order to get the same item.

----
@ kiki_ar: The 5th hatted leprechaun will have the 3rd turn-in station. So whether you spend enough energy today to unlock them, or wait until tomorrow when they will show up sooner, is up to you.

kiki_ar
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kiki_ar on Mar 13, 17 1:52 PM
@ Erika: thanks for your answer!

By the way, my compliments to the team in charge of the art, the rainbow island and the greenest of all events are superb.

[Post New]by datgirl58 on Mar 14, 17 5:17 AM
re - Bree's Mythological Detective quest line ... I checked the Achievements tab on my profile to see my progress .. but there's no progress bar for this quest. There's also no progress bar for the King of Clubs quest, although I've completed 4 tasks for Seamus thus far.

The Ssssnake quest doesn't appear on the Achievements list at all, although I've completed 3 tasks for it.

??????

Edited on 03/14/2017 at 5:26:51 AM PST

Go to: