I like the new update BUT...

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 14, 17 1:25 PM
I hope the story gets tied in with the original story leading up to level 74. Don't throw shoes at me, but I felt like I was playing the trial version of a different game.

As always, absolutely beautiful graphics in the Fairy Forest, HOSs and ZZs, but I don't quite get it ...and let the shoe-throwing commence

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,222 Posts

Re:I like the new update BUT...

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 14, 17 1:33 PM
No shoes being thrown from this sector......I would much prefer that they had finally opened the Source Gates to lead to the new area.....and, while I don't mind a new storyline (we finally got through the Source Gates....resolved this issue....oops, now here is another problem to be resolved) .......they could have started a new story, while still sticking to the original theme.....

All they have to do is read some of the nonsense written by players in Ready for the Special Room and Midnight Castle - Call to Arms - Surviving Chaos to get all sorts of new ideas!!!

eastendteddy
Flounder
Flounder
2,200 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Mar 14, 17 1:49 PM
nonesense shame on you AEG and here I thought we were doing a niffty job but maybe they got into our cute lill pills and lost there way.
I also agree the update threw me for a loop I was WHAT??????????????
There are so many places that could have been opened and the story carried on like you said The Source Gates, or expanding Atlantis or beyound the grave yard in The Town that I and Sharp was so sure that is where it would be opened , if you look at the picture on Facebook of the new update it looks so much like that area right down to the figure sitting on the overhang but then again JMO
Randy

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,222 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 14, 17 1:55 PM
Sorry to disappoint you eastendteddy......Fairy tales are nice.....I read them to my grandchildren all the time.....however, I would just have preferred something different in this game.....just personal opinion.....and I still stand by that opinion

Others seem to enjoy it; which is also their prerogative.

eastendteddy
Flounder
Flounder
2,200 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Mar 14, 17 2:04 PM
Not disappoint at all AEG was pokin fun but agreeing with you and like you would have loved something different , something that followed the orgininal story line, something that kept the game alive as we the older players ( older meaning from almost day one like myself) know it.

One area they never let us down in is the art work it is breath taking so on that I have to give them and a Gold

Randy

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 14, 17 2:05 PM
Needless to say, I'm a little anxious how in the world fairy tales ties in with witches, vampires, werewolves, gnomes, elves, goblins and all the other assorted residents of the Castle.

I'm holding off on playing the new content for a while, but just looking at the new crafted items told me everything.

I truly hate to be so pessimistic about a game I truly loved, but I think those bells ringing in my ears is the death knell of Midnight Castle as we knew it.

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,222 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 14, 17 2:16 PM
Well, I did find it rather interesting what the Ghostly Messenger said at the beginning of the update:

Bravo! Lydia played her roll well, but now I have no more use for that face. The moral of the story is: Be careful what you wish for. No more lessons - the castle will soon fall.

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,944 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 14, 17 2:24 PM
I have had a word with my Funny Farm doctor and he said that the Castle was getting to be too depressing for its citizens, particularly those on the colored medication.

He welcomed the fact that after consulting expert medical opinion the Developers have introduced a light hearted happy place for people to relax in order to lessen life stress, particularly when living in this environment where so much bad or weird is lurking

He is trying to teach us the song: "Nymphs and Shepherds come away..." at the moment.
But Cap'n Bob has to look up almost every word in the dictionary first, Jenny Wren wants to develop the song using her own material and Grim thinks we are all mad anyway so stress is alien to us.

As A.e.gram has pointed out the new themes are appropriate for a younger audience and one could subscribe to the philosophy: "Catch 'em young!" since they all have mobile phones, doubling up as iOS devices anyway!

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,222 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 14, 17 2:27 PM
Bravo playingthegame for inserting an entirely different viewpoint!

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nmabbey on Mar 14, 17 2:35 PM
I liked the update, but agree it seems to not tie into the original story. It would have made a nice new game. I do hope it makes sense in the end. My biggest disappointment is that I am already done. It only took two days to finish and now I wait again. Hoping the spring event is soon.

MaryCricket
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Mar 14, 17 2:57 PM
wow I guess everyone will throw stones at me for saying this,

I felt this story line refreshing, it made me laugh the whole time I was playing , this was the first time I had fun playing this game. the Characters even enjoyed playing their part..

Some may disagree, but in the other stories I felt some of characters were pretty nasty toward seeing you. or cant be bothered with you

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 14, 17 3:14 PM
MaryCricket wrote:wow I guess everyone will throw stones at me for saying this,

I felt this story line refreshing, it made me laugh the whole time I was playing , this was the first time I had fun playing this game. the Characters even enjoyed playing their part..

Some may disagree, but in the other stories I felt some of characters were pretty nasty toward seeing you. or cant be bothered with you

Not throwing stones, everyone's opinion is valid. But the whole point of Midnight Castle was a dark, brooding gothic tale with vampires, werewolves, trolls, elves, gnomes and the like. Rainbows and pixie dust, it wasn't. And if that's the kind of game someone wanted to play, Midnight Castle would have been the wrong choice. It just seems so disjointed..like reading a western with a sci-fi twist; or reading a love story that suddenly flips to a cartoon. I'm not sure which side of my brain should be working anymore.

AEG, I played only as far as opening the Portal, and I agree. My first thought was "Uh oh, this is a message announcing the end of Midnight Castle." Oh well, it was good while it lasted whatever happens.

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 14, 17 3:24 PM
I just wish I would have paced myself. sigh.

_Frank_
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by _Frank_ on Mar 14, 17 3:58 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote: But the whole point of Midnight Castle was a dark, brooding gothic tale with vampires, werewolves, trolls, elves, gnomes and the like.

Exactly, this new storyline definitely does not fit with the rest. I am fully expecting pirate Pete to cut a bloody swath through the fairy forest at some point. It's like we went through the wrong portal. I thought we were going on a cruise? I've been packed for months.

napoeon
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,274 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Mar 14, 17 4:08 PM
"I like the new update BUT"
...I Laughed So Hard I had to change ......Lord Chamberlain was the best, and Henry ......Oh! well.....Cheers!!!

Alexandr@

[Post New]by walkingstar on Mar 14, 17 4:26 PM
I'm with Frank. We both loved this game[and didn't love it] some times. After finishing the update all I could think was wow..I don't know what to think. My heads spinning. I have been waiting for 4 different things to happen and then this?.Confused I Am. I Hope Easter is better this year than last year. After IMO a Beautiful Christmas..I am wondering what this company is thinking? [Or not thinking.] Q Queen at War.

Debora1823
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by Debora1823 on Mar 14, 17 10:13 PM
Good grief, are they trying to copy the tv show, "Once Upon A Time?" Hansen and Gretal? Seriously?

rbsworld
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 14, 17 10:32 PM
Wow....I am going to take my time getting from level 56 through to the new end of content. I have one tiny thought to share...Midnight Castle from the beginning has been mostly about surviving Black or Dark Magic....Seems to me that the devs are following or should I say including other Black Magic genres..The original Hansel and Gretel is no lullaby....

Have fun in your Magic Castle,

RBsMom

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
763 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Mar 15, 17 2:03 AM
Debora1823 wrote:Good grief, are they trying to copy the tv show, "Once Upon A Time?" Hansen and Gretal? Seriously?

Be glad it is not like "Grim" , "Sleepy Hollow", or "Emerald City"

It seems like mash ups are the soup du jour.

HOS beautiful. Just started update today.

BUT.... My memory fades. We are now procuring pieces to a book
Was it not some thing like that before? That was not finished.....
Or I am becoming forgetful?...

Crystal ;P

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Mar 15, 17 4:12 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Needless to say, I'm a little anxious how in the world fairy tales ties in with witches, vampires, werewolves, gnomes, elves, goblins and all the other assorted residents of the Castle.

I'm holding off on playing the new content for a while, but just looking at the new crafted items told me everything.

I truly hate to be so pessimistic about a game I truly loved, but I think those bells ringing in my ears is the death knell of Midnight Castle as we knew it.

"The death knell" ............. something rang inside my 1 grey cell this morning, Messenger saying something about the (sorry can't remember the proper text) "The Fall of the Castle".

I hope it doesn't end, really love playing this game and have got some really nice friends on here from all over the world. Would hate to lose that connection as well.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Go to: