Spring Event 2017

[Post New]by Azpotter on Mar 14, 17 11:54 PM
Hello Everyone:
I know it may be a little early but does anyone know when the Spring Event may be? I never played in it before and was reading the forums (past) where people would add friends just for the event. I guess you need many friends to complete events(?) can someone explain to me how the rooms work. I have a spring room (not much in it). I don't understand how you access other people's rooms. I would like to prepare for it if I can. I did request friends and thanks to all that responded. I now have 30 friends which is all that I can keep track of & my inventory is getting quite low as I am gifting twice a day, sometimes three times a day. But you wonderful people did help me out of a jam when I didn't have any unique stamps. So a big thank you to all. Which brings me to my next question. Why can't we send the thank you cards out to our friends? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I play IOS.
Thanks,
Azpotter

Re:Spring Event 2017

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 15, 17 1:07 AM
Hi Azpotter,

There are a couple of ways to be prepared for the Spring Event if you don't have a lot of friends. First go to the thread for iSO Friend Codes and invite any of them you don't already have as friends. Another is to start a thread asking for SE Friends. There is a thread out there, but I couldn't find it. Sometimes people put their ID#s on the Christmas Consortium thread too. Other than getting lots of friends, you just have to wait with the rest of us.

Happy gaming,
DeJjay46

Dbingamen
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,027 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Mar 15, 17 8:04 AM
Azpotter, to enter friends' rooms, just click on John in the lower right corner. Doing that will show your first 7 friends. Click on each friend and their room will appear. Don't forget to click on the arrow on the right to see all of your friends. Hope this helps.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 15, 17 8:41 AM
The past 2 years, the Spring Event has started in the first week of April for pc & days later for iOS. But things seem to be running behind schedule this year, so it's likely to come a bit later.
Easter is April 16 this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it began just a few days before.

The main reason for adding extra friends is the achievements for the Spring Terrace HOS - it's on the right side of your Spring room & doesn't open til the event starts. Last year, we had to complete it 1000 times for the final achievement! And you can only visit each friend's room once a day, so for 1000 visits over maybe a month, you might need to add a few more friends.

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,569 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 15, 17 8:52 AM
The sections on Seasonal Events & Trina and the Private Room in the New Strategy Guide offer answers to many of your questions....you can reach that thread by clicking on the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle and then scrolling down to the link in the Tips, Tricks, and Guides section.

The referenced sections are on page 2 of that Guide...for your convenience, I have copied the link to that page here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/891090.page

As to why you cannot send "thank you" cards to your friends......they receive (as well as you) a thank you card from the game when they send out a gift. There are many items/things in the game that cannot be gifted ...... Thank you's, Energy Units, Gift for a Friend boxes, Golden Keys, Shards ----- I guess it's because the Devs just think some things need to be earned/secured/gotten by the player's own efforts.

[Post New]by Azpotter on Mar 16, 17 11:14 PM
Thank you all for your helpful tips and information. I was recently helped by another mc player who gave me directions on how to enters my friend's rooms. My mc friend from England has been a Godsend and very generous to me. It seems that most mc players are very helpful (I am assuming this by reading the forums). I did read the Seasonal Event section. But since I have never participated before I was not really sure what the Spring event was or what the spring rooms were.
I will try to find where I can post my id and request spring event friends only (SE) with no gifting. So I can be ready when the event. If not I shall return ??.

Thanks again
Azpotter

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 17, 17 6:44 AM

"Easter' is technically quite late this year.

I think it's mid April.

Don't get me wrong, my local Supermarket had Hot Cross Buns on sale around January 3rd - But that's consumerism for you.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Jenifer

jEMSW
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Mar 17, 17 9:04 AM
I've been wondering if the recent Mar 13 up-date was a temporary distraction until they can roll out the Spring Event.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 17, 17 10:21 AM
AZPotter (hi neighbor!), I found the thread for you that we used last Spring:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/711733.page

It has been locked, but there's a lot of good info in there & a lot of friends codes.
Can't hurt to check it out.

If you need more friends come Spring Event, pm me & I'll invite you.

[Post New]by Azpotter on Mar 18, 17 10:03 PM
Thank you all for all the useful information. Desertdruid I did look up the link you suggested and will ask for players to add me for the SPRING EVENT, But I want the temporary friends with no gifting as my inventory is very low. I need to try and build it up before the BIG event. I 'm also out of money (lol). It seems the higher the level the more gold coins it cost to unlock a scene to to make something! I've sold just about everything of value to keep going. Any tips!

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,569 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 18, 17 10:09 PM
Azpotter wrote:Thank you all for all the useful information. Desertdruid I did look up the link you suggested and will ask for players to add me for the SPRING EVENT, But I want the temporary friends with no gifting as my inventory is very low. I need to try and build it up before the BIG event. I 'm also out of money (lol). It seems the higher the level the more gold coins it cost to unlock a scene to to make something! I've sold just about everything of value to keep going. Any tips!

AZpotter......You can pretty much bet the farm (without endangerment of losing it) that SOMEONE will start a SE only thread for each of the platforms once the Spring event starts......most of us are waiting until it starts because we want to be sure it will be necessary --- there was a terrace last year....no guarantee there will be one this year or if it will behave in the same manner.

(Someone started a Fall event only thread in anticipation for a Fall room and we never got one...so that's another reason why many of us are waiting until the event actually starts)

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 20, 17 5:54 AM
AZPotter, be very careful what you sell …… you might need it later & have a hard time getting more.
For instance, never sell stamps or airship items!!!!! The amounts you will need keep increasing as you progress. Same with food - as you get more pets, you'll want more food.

In general, I don't sell an HOS item unless it is so seldom needed (& often given) that I have over 100 of them. The exception is Cannonballs, Heaviness of Sin, Wise Sayings, & Bloodred Ruby Chains. Those I will sell down to 10.

There are several crafted items that sell for more than they cost, but you have to be careful not to deplete your stamps too much. And weigh carefully the value & usefulness of the other items. You might be better off using those ingredients elsewhere.

The best solution is to just do the rounds. You'll accumulate coins, plus airship items & maybe pet food & stamps, both of which can bring you more coins. Once in a while, you'll even get a HOS item! It's really a win-win, & frankly, it's the whole point of the game. Searching for Hidden Objects.

AuntieRoo
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 20, 17 6:13 AM
My dear friend Azpotter,the best advise I can give you is to listen to Desertdruid's advice.

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,569 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 20, 17 6:50 AM
Echo, echo......good advice from the Druid!

[Post New]by Azpotter on Mar 20, 17 8:52 PM
Okay I hear you, but than what do I gift to my friends if thats all I have left?

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 21, 17 7:35 AM
Gift only what you feel you can afford to. Those friends who are at the upper levels don't care whether you pay them back-they're just happy to be able to help the lower level players. Those who are struggling along with you understand why you don't gift.

I find that if someone has an HOS item on their wishlist that you can gift for 30 coins, it is the best way to go. You earn back that money when you do the rounds and a lot of level 76 players can't get the HOS items they want because they don't have any quests left to do.

Airship items are a good one to gift too because you receive them as you do the HOS. Put the airship item you have the least of on your wishlist and change it when it becomes the one you have the most of. That way you will always have a good stash.

Happy gaming,
DeeJay46

[Post New]by Azpotter on Mar 21, 17 6:00 PM
Thank you deejay 46 for your sage advise. I will definitely do that. I have you as one of my friends. So if I don't gift you everyday you know why.

Thanks again!
Willie (azpotter)

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 21, 17 6:41 PM
I've got 89 friends on my iOS game and I gift them in alphabetical order, so I don't even notice how often my friends gift me. The only time I really check is when the avatar icon is red to make sure if they are really not playing.

Go to: