MsKuro
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Doubtful whether I'll buy this or not

[Post New]by MsKuro on Apr 10, 10 10:35 AM
I've read complaints about the length of the game... also read a lot about the graphics and difficulty... So I need someone to clear this up for me:

Average game time ???
Is the storyline worth it?
How difficult is this?
Boring? Action filled?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:Doubtful whether I'll buy this or not

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 10, 10 3:15 PM
It took me 2-1/2 to 3 hours, I wasn't paying close attention. I found 3 of the 9 keys in the first hour, so judge by that.

I loved it because it didn't have many directions. I had to figure everything out for myself, so it was very rewarding after my initial frustration in the first room. As to how difficult it is, it's hard to say because I don't know your skill level. If you play a lot of LFGs, this will be very easy for you. There's a walkthrough now if you need help, but there wasn't one available when I played the game.

I only buy a game or two per month, and I felt that my credit was well spent on this game. If it's a good game, I don't really care how short it is, except that I wish the game was longer so I could have continued playing it.

MsKuro
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by MsKuro on Apr 10, 10 3:43 PM
LFG??? Never heard that one before... Just felt like a novice now =__=;; (which I'm not! *pouts*)

BinLA what did you think of the storyline? I played the one-hour and it seems good, but I'm not sure...

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 10, 10 4:49 PM
LFG = large file games. Those games give you no direction and I found myself wandering around not being able to find anything to do. I may be getting closer to being able to play them, though, since this and Millenium Secrets (both of them considered IHOGs with an adventure aspect) went well for me. Most LFGs don't offer a demo, either, so you can't tell before you buy your first one if it's something you'll like or not. (IHOG = interactive hidden object game, meaning you have to do something with some of the objects you find that are placed into your inventory.)

Storyline, hmmm. The only thing I can remember about the storyline is that he was visiting different places in his dreams that had meant something to him in real life, and there were tasks to perform and keys to be found so I could continue onto another level. I enjoyed that. There was no big "aha" moment at the end that explained why he was having the dreams that I can remember. Of course, I had been suffering from insomnia when I played this game, and had been awake for more than 24 hours when I started (and finished) it!

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 4:51:14 PM PST

Go to: