Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,200 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 16, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/16/2017 at 6:32:58 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,487 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 16, 17 6:33 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Mar 16, 17 5:31 PM
I made it to the first HOS (about 3 min into the game). Everything froze, my computer crashed, and following restart, my monitor went pixelated. Running Win 8.

[Post New]by Vickie6971 on Mar 17, 17 1:08 PM
I installed the game, pushed play and nothing comes up. It will act like it will come on but it goes to Thanks for playing you have 90 minutes left to play. what should I do about this or is it on your end?
Running Win 10 64-bit.

bfgBellerophon
7,487 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 17, 17 1:24 PM
Hi darkhalf01 and Vickie6971,

I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are being experienced when trying to play this game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should and below I'll include some Big Fish Games Help pages specific to these issues.

darkhalf01, with the freezing and crashing issues, please refer to the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Vickie6971, running the game as an administrator helps the necessary permissions be obtained to run properly. Please see the help page below with these specific steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to further assist and investigate these issues for the players.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by amccallie on Mar 18, 17 3:50 PM
I keep getting this message when I try to open the game. Any idea how to fix? I have updated all the drivers on my computer. Running windows 10. This also is happening with another game as well. I can't even open the game from the game manager. It thinks like it will run and then does nothing.

Adobe Reader could not open 'LauchGame.bfg because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by daisey88 on Mar 18, 17 4:04 PM
Playing on a Mac. Used up my 60 minutes then I purchased the game. Now I can't get past the screen where you click on play. It shuts down to the game manager. Why would it play for an hour and quit after I bought it?

[Post New]by anthie on Mar 19, 17 3:32 AM
Game keeps quitting! I played the demo, purchased it and it quits every time I go to PLAY. I'm on a Mac.

bfgBellerophon
7,487 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 20, 17 10:57 AM
Hi amccallie, daisye88, and anthie,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this game to work on your devices. Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps have been taken.

amccallie, since you mentioned the Windows 10 operating system, the following Big Fish Games Help page is specific to this OS:

Windows 10

For the Mac system daisey88 and anthie, the following help page contains troubleshooting steps:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If issues continue to be present after trying the suggested steps, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The support team is always happy to help investigate these issues as we want to get things up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by nsanguin on Mar 20, 17 4:06 PM
Tried game worked perfectly until I bought it. Now it cashes before it opens. My Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5
Prosessor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory $GB 666 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
Please help

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Mar 21, 17 3:16 PM
My game is crashing at the same place every time. Playing on a MacBook Pro.

bfgIlinalta
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 21, 17 3:46 PM
Hello nsanguin and Mac_too,

Thank you both for taking the time to report what is being experienced while playing The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition. I can see that both of these seem to be a similar issue, so I wanted to provide some preliminary troubleshooting which may help in this case as well as how to contact our Technical Support Team should more help be necessary.

In this particular case, using the following suggested troubleshooting steps may be able to quickly resolve this issue occurring on a Mac:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time and both of your for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: