Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,372 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 16, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/16/2017 at 6:32:23 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 16, 17 1:17 AM
Wow, that was quite a different demo than what we usually see. I'm excited to see the full version and see how it plays out! Looks like it will be good!

nanafraser
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 16, 17 5:43 AM
Gross! Flayed bodies! Too creepy for me! I'm sure there be gamer's that love it!
But sorry not one of them

bfgBellerophon
8,009 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 16, 17 6:32 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Unseen Fears: Body Thief Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Mar 16, 17 8:43 AM
Stealing skin....supernatural powers. Weird and not anything that appeals to me. Wonder when this type of game will wane.Tired of traveling to other dimensions thru portals. Hope that some others enjoy this type of game. NOT ME!

greenshade
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Mar 16, 17 8:59 AM
I ADORED the beta for this game.. found it to be long on creativity and adventure. Will puchase as soon as a good sale is available.

HeatherDay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by HeatherDay on Mar 16, 17 4:05 PM
I agree with the others that it's a bit gruesome BUT you can select 'gruesome' or 'light' in the beginning of demo. With that said, I'm right on board with greenshade. Just awesome gameplay. I look forward to the SE because well, I just can't afford lol

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,280 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 17, 17 4:18 AM
To me this seemed like a very easy game dressed up with supposedly 'scary' elements and a character with yet another 'amazing ability' to see what others can't. I wonder if the devs watch 'Grimm'? That's the way to do it.

I wasn't impressed. Far too easy mini-games and a jumbled story line along with collectibles that in some cases were impossible to see, even with the help of the SG.

Perhaps I'll try the 'lighter' option in the 28 minutes I have remaining of the demo but based on what I've seen so far, this won't be a buy for me. I usually like this developer's games but they should stick to what they do best and leave the creepy games to others (Mad Head for example).

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 03/17/2017 at 4:19:05 AM PST

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
955 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Mar 17, 17 6:43 AM
angelfish106 wrote:To me this seemed like a very easy game dressed up with supposedly 'scary' elements and a character with yet another 'amazing ability' to see what others can't. I wonder if the devs watch 'Grimm'? That's the way to do it.

I love Grimm. And someone just entered a portal on the show!!
Maybe that's one of the reasons that I like this game.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Mar 18, 17 9:34 AM
it's not a bad game and I played the demo in the gruesome mode. the only thing is I found was in following the strategy guide is there is no mention of the fight you have with the "walking corpse", thankfully that wasn't hard to figure out. am going to wait for a 2 for 1 sale as can easy spend too much money at big fish otherwise.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 19, 17 12:36 PM
Hi all! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. The graphics in this game are exceptionally well done, nice and clear even when moving from cut scene to full scene. Game play was very good, with no problems during the demo. Colors are bright and true, no faded or washed out colors. Animation is extremely well done, true facial and body movements, no skips or lags in movement. Voices are very nice and have emotion, not just someone reading a script, and are age and character appropriate. Music has a very sinister sound and fell when needed..that edge of your seat kind of music, which builds up to something about to happen. Yes, we have supernatural powers, which is fun and different, but is not over-used.

HOPs are a little different in their set up. Yes, we have interactive silhouettes, find it here and use it there, but they were fun and interesting. Scenes are fairly clean and items were not difficult to find. Some of the puzzles were quite challenging and did take some time and thought to complete. We have a jump map, which is helpful since we don't have a transport feature. The map is easy to follow and areas are well marked and identified, but it does not show if the scene has any collectibles. Hint system is very helpful.

Collectibles left a lot to be desired. All I found was that we have 77 symbols of different shape and color to find in each scene. They aren't difficult to find, but you do have to look for them. Each scene has more than one and some have three. Could have used just a bit more, maybe some morphing items in the HOPs, unless it does have it and I missed it. There is a lot of back-tracking between a couple of scenes at a time, so be ready for it. Sort of felt like we spent a little too much time in an area before moving on to something new.

I love mysteries and hunting for clues and this one has it all. I especially liked the ability to choose your game play, e.g. bright and airy or true dark and scary. Of course, I chose the dark and scary. Be aware that in this mode, there are things that jump out at you, so if you don't care for that, don't choose that one. The one thing I did not care for was that once you have completed an area, you cannot return to pick up any collectibles you may have missed. Hopefully you can do this in the extras. The story line is a little different, and keeps you moving and interested. I think most all levels of players will find this one fun, interesting and a bit challenging. Yes, I am going to add it to my ever growing list of CE games.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,364 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Apr 8, 17 2:38 PM
Very interesting game. I think there are only 2 bodies to deal with, which is not that bad, and they do not come, one after the other.

I played on the "brighter" mode and the game suited me just fine.

It was a murder mystery, being done by......well, I won't wreck the suspense,

I enjoyed playing the game, because it had plenty of turns/twists to it.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Apr 9, 17 3:27 PM
I have noticed a couple reviewers mentioned that they could not return to a scene to get the collectibles if you missed them. Yes, you can. You can access it after the main game (if I remember correctly) by clicking on "Symbols." The ones you missed are lit up and click on these and you can go back to get them. I wasn't paying much attention to them as some are very hard to see but you cannot play the second bonus without collecting them allso I went back and got them (Please note that I thought the second bonus wasn't worth playing. You get an outline of a murderer with upraised knife standing over a body in a dark alley with lots of junk scattered around. You find fragmented pieces among the junk to fill in the outline. That's it. Big whoop.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 25, 17 3:30 AM
I didn't find any tech problems with this game. If you are looking for a game, that is value for money, this would probably be a good choice as it's quite long.

Mind you, the bonus game I was a little disappointed with due to the multiple HOPs which the main game had few of, so they felt like 'fillers'.

The third part of the game was a joke; when I saw there were 3 parts to the game I was impressed, but the actual game play was ridiculous. Do a HOP, then find the pieces of a murderer and poof! case closed.

Go to: