Lilac43
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

St Patrick's "Whack a Rainbow" achievement

[Post New]by Lilac43 on Mar 16, 17 10:52 PM
I've tried every possible combination of the 2014 "leprechaun" outfits, but I can't seem to trigger the "whack a rainbow while dressed like a leprechaun" achievement. I'm assuming it's referring to the rainbows you whack for the "Pots of Gold" quest from the leprechaun in the Commons.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Dinga2008
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:St Patrick's "Whack a Rainbow" achievement

[Post New]by Dinga2008 on Mar 17, 17 7:06 AM
Hi Lilac,

The bw2 wiki indicates that the Rainbow achievement requires that you wear a leprechaun outfit from 2013 - any from the seeing double achievement. Here are the combinations:
Leprechaun 1 (Pot of Gold Station): Green Bowler, Beer Cape.
Leprechaun 2 (Lucky Horseshoes): Green Top Hat, Clover Cape, Round Glasses.
Leprechaun 3 (Beer Station): Cloche, Clover Cape,
Leprechaun 4 (Green Dye): Green Bowler, Clover Cape, Green Gloves.
Leprechaun 5 (Clover Station): Cloche, Beer Cape.
Leprechaun 6 (Rainbows): Cloche, Beer Cape, Green Gloves.
Leprechaun 7 (Hats): Green Top Hat, Clover Cape.
Leprechaun 8 (Stilts): Green Top Hat, Beer Cape, St. Patrick's Club.

Hope this helps.
Happy whacking!

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Mar 17, 17 5:32 PM
Apparently I'm more brain dead than usual these days. Could someone spell out specifically what to wear to bash the rainbow bushes? No combination I've tried seems to work.

Edited on 03/17/2017 at 5:42:27 PM PST

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Mar 17, 17 5:32 PM
Deleted the duplicate.

Edited on 03/17/2017 at 5:38:21 PM PST

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,222 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Mar 19, 17 8:53 AM
I, too, am trying to figure out this achievement (since it was not available for purchase like was stated in the post about this year's event). The "Seeing Double" achievement is accomplished via the list posted in this thread. The "My Rainbow" achievement does not appear to be. The post about this event indicates that you have to be wearing the 2013 items. But the way the information is written, it seems to indicate that Rainbow is a character, not a thing (due to the capitalization of the r on rainbow). So did we miss the opportunity if we've already whacked the leprechaun that leads to the secret event area?

Lilac43
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac43 on Mar 20, 17 12:36 AM
Looking back in the BW2 wiki, it appears this achievement existed back in 2013 (sorry, I had the wrong year in the inital post) and the "Rainbow gate" is new this year. So I'm thinking the two are not related.

The BW2 wiki lists the possible combinations that match each leprechaun, but it doesn't specifically state what needs to be worn to get the "whack a rainbow" achievement (which combo, or any will work?). Anyway...I activated the "whack a rainbow to get pots of gold" quest. I then initally dressed like the leprechaun that assigned the quest. No result. I have since sequentially dressed like each of the leprechauns listed and whacked a rainbow each time, and still no achievement. I'm wondering if this achievement somehow got inactivated during programming changes.

Thanks, everyone, for the replies. I'll just stayed dressed like a leprechaun, keep whacking, and keep hoping!

Lilac43
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac43 on Mar 20, 17 12:46 AM
OK, I just got it. I was dressed like #8 (green top hat, beer cape and St. Patrick's club). I actually had this on once before (I know it was right, 'cause I got the "Seeing Double" achievement and then went off to whack rainbows) and it didn't work then.

Maybe you have to whack one rainbow dressed like EACH leprechaun (1 through 8)? Give it a try.

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,222 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Mar 20, 17 5:27 PM
OK. I just tried it. If you whack a rainbow while dressed like the final leprechaun (green top hat, beer cape, and St. Patrick's club) you get the achievement. You don't need to whack a rainbow dressed as each of the leprechauns, just the final one. Thank you Lilac for the tip!

Go to: