Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by lalex20 on Dec 28, 08 6:40 PM
I had the greatest time playing this game! The attention to detail was fantastic, the music wonderful. I'm not a big fan of the large file games and the whole moving around thing but this was entirely different and fun! I liked the little 'glimmers' to tell you to look here, the sparkles for the hidden object part and the mini games were challenging and fun. No timer was great, too. Like another post said, you can take your time and really play the game. LOVED it. Can't wait for the next! Didn't want it to end!
Oh yeah, loved that it was creepy, too.

[Post New]by 2virgos on Dec 28, 08 6:41 PM
I download the trial verision and loved it so now i have bought the full version and I would be playing the wonderful game now but it keeps downloading for a few minutes and then it comes up downloading error. I have been working with this for over an hour. Can anyone help me please please please....I want to play this so bad tonight. THanks Terri (newbie)

[Post New]by chocdrops on Dec 28, 08 6:53 PM
excellent .love all the mystery case file games.
cant wait to see what you come out with next.
happy kiwi.

[Post New]by michelle_44883 on Dec 28, 08 7:14 PM
Me and my 10 yr old son just loved playing this game together, it was so much fun and challenging enough to make you think. A big thanks to everyone who put help clues in this thread to get us few a few of the puzzles. I have 2 questions that if anyone could answer it would be great. 1st is there any other games that are similar to this game? and 2nd we were doing the skull puzzle in the elevator and we had all the numbers except for the spade, caleb accidently figured the number 005 out and it is driving me nuts that i cant figure out how they came up with that number, can someone explain to me how that was the missing number? Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone in the pond.

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Dec 28, 08 10:34 PM
I would have normally given this game high marks but the continued frustration of a game that doesn't play right will not allow me to recommend this game to anyone. The forums are glutted with remarks about people that can't play the game and the update didn't fix all the twins problems. The fireplace problem where I am stuck hasn't even been addressed regardless of many emails to costumer service and a chat with them.

I think the graphs are good but don't like the darkness in some of the screens that cause me to have problems seeing them, it might be ok for the under 40 crowd but after a certain age night vision is limited.

I have not finished the game due to the frustration of having to uninstall and reinstall the game manager each time I play, I think I will wait until all is fixed before I try to continue and in the future I will not buy any games that are new from BFG until all the bugs have been worked out.

[Post New]by momo3gurlz on Dec 28, 08 11:29 PM
Played the free trial, then had to purchase. Joined the Big Fish Pond....my first game. MCF5 is awesome....if only I could get it to load on WinXP. I followed directions for whitelisting, etc. Anxious to really get started. Hoping Tech Support returns from their well-deserved vacation/holiday and can walk me through the install....Happy New Year. Hope you all had a Blessed Christmas.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Dec 29, 08 12:04 AM
poppabear,
From the very beginning point, click on the top left star three times, then click on the bottom right star three times. Hope this helps you.
M

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Dec 29, 08 12:07 AM
Baxter,
Did you completely uninstall RTR then reinstall it? I had to do that. Good luck & happy BFGaming!
M

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Dec 29, 08 12:10 AM
rockwright,
Where are you stuck? Would need to know that to help out.
M

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Dec 29, 08 12:16 AM
michelle,
All along the game you come across the numbers accompanied by the heart, spade, club, or diamond. The spade happened to be a five, so you add the two zeroes in front of it and get 005. Happy BFGaming!
M

[Post New]by danutcracker on Dec 29, 08 9:13 AM
Great graphics and everything. I guess it's great if you like the interactive stuff added to this one but it's not for me. Very disappointed this wasn't stated before I bought it. The strategy guide is definitely needed!

[Post New]by bluesoftail on Dec 29, 08 1:07 PM
Loved the game. Will there be another one coming out soon?

[Post New]by DeeDee10 on Dec 29, 08 1:32 PM
Can someone help? I am in the living room working on the puzzle above the fireplace. I put in the pieces of the sun & moon and according to the case book I am to find the 2 symbols to go in the hands. I have put the 2 symbols in the hands and pulled the silver lever but it does not open up the staircase by the fireplace. What am I doing wrong? There are only 2 symbols similiar that could be used, am I using the wrong ones? Thanks

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Dec 29, 08 4:05 PM
OMG, I have never ever enjoyed a game as much as I have enjoyed this one. It took days to complete but I loved every minute of it. I couldn't wait to get home and boot up so I could play this game. I will also play it again.

The forum made the game much more enjoyable than it would have been without for me. The frustration level was ebbed by this.

Very very nice bigfish

Please keep doing sequels. I wonder where Victor went?

[Post New]by Janissi on Dec 29, 08 4:33 PM
Even though I just began this game, I love it. Right now, I'm stuck at the middle door puzzle, but I've been seeking solutions on this sight, so hopefully I'll get past it. I'm pretty new to this genre of game even though I've played HOG's before; I've always played the boring ones where you just point and click and that's it. I love the idea of a more in depth puzzle and I love the fact that they aren't timed.

Great game. Can't wait to move forward.

[Post New]by fatford on Dec 29, 08 5:01 PM
This might be a great game, but after I bought it now I can't download it for some reason!! Any help out there???

khimes
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by khimes on Dec 29, 08 5:11 PM
This game was by far the best game I've ever played. I liked the fact that there wasn't any time limits because these puzzles were very difficult! That honestly is my only complaint about the game. I thought some of the puzzles were a little much. I usually have noo trouble figuring out the puzzles in time, sometimes taking me several days of going back into them to finally figure them out, I looove that, but there were a few in this game that were very very difficult. I found I wasn't alone in this thought because the forum was filled with struggling people. I am pretty good at these puzzle games, but I really struggled. However, I must say that the graphics and visuals and the entire structure of the game was outstanding. If the puzzles were just a little easier to do it would, to me, be THE perfect game. The game should be just difficult enough to challenge you, but not to the point of complete frustration and disappointment at not being able to figure out the puzzles on your own. I saw that in the forum I wasn't alone in my struggles to solve some of the puzzles, but again I commend you on an excellent, fun, challenging and exciting game! Bring on more! :-) karen

khimes
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by khimes on Dec 29, 08 5:13 PM
momo3gurls, I noticed that you said you were having trouble getting the game loaded onto windows Xp.. thats what I have and I've had noooo trouble with any of the games on big fish or anywhere else. I'm sure tech support will be able to help you! Good Luck! Karen

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Dec 29, 08 5:16 PM
Still haven't played it

[Post New]by taaryl on Dec 29, 08 6:05 PM
need help. I can not seem to salve the puzzle above the fireplace. I have the sun and moon. And the game wont let me go on so I am stuck.

Go to: