Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Steve_Go_Yanks on May 20, 14 9:36 AM
Since 7AM I have had to reboot twice because HOS banners were missing, once because the server could not connect and once because the dice game froze. And to make matters worse, twice my coins did not fall. I think someone is telling me I am playing too much. Better find a job.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 20, 14 12:32 PM
I am really upset now ! Besides the glitch with the morphing flowers glitch that is even worse now than ever before (coins not falling down and if they fall down not added to my coint account) I realised some time ago that my amount of PET marks has gone down from 344 to 322 ! Is there anybody who can explain this to me ????? Could it be that the pet mark counter counts backwards as soon as you are near the 350 marks to craft the turtle ???

ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on May 20, 14 1:29 PM
I can't even get on to play the game, as I am stuck at the loading screen...The game is continually "checking the cloud", etc.

When I do get on, which is rare, I do one HOS, and then I am no longer "connected to the server" and have to quit the game.

Why??? Why??? So frustrated!

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on May 20, 14 5:03 PM
I'm also having issues for the first time tonight with the dice game freezing and having to run the task manager to get out of the game. I've noticed some hesitation in the counter in the HOS and I checked the batteries in my mouse to make sure that my mouse was working properly. I've only missed 1 coin drop for the morphing flowers though since the newest update and have never had any issues whatsoever with gifting. I don't understand what's going on at all.

jbayberry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jbayberry on May 20, 14 6:55 PM
DICE GAME FREEZING.....WTF? I have lost money because of this. Really??? You can't fix this???

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 20, 14 7:35 PM
I am endlessly relieved that I was able, just now, to send off food again without a problem. I also received my Thank You cards again. *phew*

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 20, 14 11:29 PM
a few days ago I lost 2 thank you cards ! Today again 1 thank you card, means I could not gift 3 x ! I have never had much problems before, but now it seems to start to be a real problem, what's going on ????

Furthermore I always had some problems with the Pirate Ship HOS freezing, but this problem is now going worse, too. Please do something to this as we always need to use the task manager to get out of the game !

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 21, 14 10:19 PM
It seems that my counter for the dice game is not working for days now !!!!!

This morning I won all 3 rolls = against Anabel, the dragon and the knight, but my achievment counter still shows 25220 !!!! How can this be, please fix this problem immediately !

jbayberry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jbayberry on May 23, 14 5:13 AM
I am on level 24. I have one more quest to complete with the ghost bartender. When I click on him....It says I have to wait for the game to update?? WTF?? I can't continue the quest now for 2 days. I continue to do daily stuff. But enough already, please update or fix so I can continue
JunoMoon 51615

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 23, 14 8:29 AM
jbayberry,

we are all waiting for the new update and there is already some info on the Facebook page of Elephant, so it might not take too long until the roll out. We just need to be a bit more patient

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on May 23, 14 10:17 AM
I downloaded Another Case Solved (FTP game) to try. Went to go play Midnight Castle and noticed MidnightCastle.exe was running after exiting. So Another Case Solved made the game manager/app files corrupt where game exe were not closing properly, just like I had with Midnight Castle. I did the advanced uninstall of the game manager/app and everything is back to normal.

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on May 23, 14 12:56 PM
For the second time in two weeks, my wish list and gifts are blank. I get the message "no connection". When I go to retry, I get friends list, but not my gifts or my wish list. This happened before and was corrected with the May 14 update. Please fix. Does anyone have a solution for this?

[Post New]by bdubb45 on May 23, 14 2:27 PM
Just downloaded the game for the first time 5/22 and love it! My problem is that when I exit the game, I eventually have to restart my computer because error 809 comes up and I can't go in to play other games! Is this common?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 23, 14 3:33 PM
Lawmaiden, I still have connection issues, and Social page problems on my main game. I started a new one, on the same computer under a new user name, and haven't had many problems with it. Once in a while it does the same thing as the main game, but so far, closing out and restarting it has worked. I do hold my breath every time I open it up though.

I will say this...unless the majority of players are having the same problems, nothing seems to be done about the problems. The answers I get are they know about them and can't figure out why we are having them. I know how frustrated I am...can only begin to imagine yours.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on May 23, 14 4:08 PM
bdubb45 wrote:Just downloaded the game for the first time 5/22 and love it! My problem is that when I exit the game, I eventually have to restart my computer because error 809 comes up and I can't go in to play other games! Is this common?
Check out my post: Fixed issue of game not shutting after exiting...

forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/279763.page

I had to do that fix for this update and the last. It works so you don't have to use the task manager, which I am glad that was a pretty simple fix. But it is bad when 2 updates have the same issue that require uninstalling the game manager for a fix. This will fix it where you don't have to restart or use the task manager.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on May 24, 14 1:55 PM
about the coins not dropping on occasion: I suspect this is programmed in, as it never happens with gems. Seriously, if it was a problem with that part af the game, you would lose the occasional gem too. And, let's face it: it is not difficult programming = when x =5 credit total +10. So, QED, it must be an inbuilt "fault" to hamper your cashflow and encourage purchasing more coins. Nuff said

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 24, 14 3:27 PM
It isn't only with coins...I have lost a few gems the same way, and that made me madder than losing the coins.

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on May 24, 14 3:53 PM
I'm having an issue with the dice game. It's freezing on the dice roll and I have to shut down the game entirely. The game then is showing as if I've used all three turns, but without me either losing coins or winning coins.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on May 24, 14 7:54 PM
was sent to bar keeper.
It says can't help me till after the update. What update

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on May 24, 14 8:07 PM
pjmatt wrote:was sent to bar keeper.
It says can't help me till after the update. What update
Quest 595 is the last one until the update which is coming real soon.

Go to: