Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! Mobile here!

[Post New]by FreeTootskies on Jan 9, 17 7:37 PM
Last night someone did a factory reset on my Samsung android tablet. Is there a way to restore my progress in the game? I was nearly finished Shanghai, level 103 iirc, and it would kill me if that's gone for good!

I reinstalled the game this afternoon and connected through Facebook but I'm still on Sydney :-(

[Post New]by Nicolechance on Jan 10, 17 3:00 AM
When i click the option to ask my fb friends for lives, the box that pops up is empty (no friends list or anything), but has the button on the bottom that says "ask friends" but just like dings when i click it...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 10, 17 10:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts in this thread. Thank you to the players that have taken the time to post what is occurring in their Gummy Drop! games.

For players that are experiencing a loss of progress issue, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. Please let the team know of where you should be located at within the game. The support team can look into this for you. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

For players that missing items from their game or having trouble gifting or receiving lives, please also reach out to our support team with the email address that is linked to your game. Please keep in mind that uninstalling may result in a loss of progress if you haven't previously linked your progress. For more information, please see the following help article:

Linking to Facebook or Big Fish Games (Free to Play)

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by lfralish on Jan 10, 17 10:31 AM
When I get free moves in my mailbox tap on it and it goes away but doesn't credit the moves so I can play them. Thanks

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 10, 17 2:15 PM
All progress since early December lost again.

I started playing again after the new city and update was announced on 5th January. I have been playing without any problem until I loaded up at 10pm UK time today and I am back at the same point I was when the problem first occurred in early December. [Removed by Moderator]
The only indication there might be a problem was the flash screen thanking me for playing North Pole.

Edited on 01/12/2017 at 10:13:39 AM PST

jessara
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by jessara on Jan 10, 17 2:25 PM
keitht53 wrote:All progress since early December lost again.

I started playing again after the new city and update was announced on 5th January. I have been playing without any problem until I loaded up at 10pm UK time today and I am back at the same point I was when the problem first occurred in early December. [Removed by Moderator]
The only indication there might be a problem was the flash screen thanking me for playing North Pole.

And there's a new event city coming up too. Personally I make sure my device is in flight mode when I enter the game, and I check against the game I've got loaded on a different device, pulling that from the server. The server game hasn't updated in a month.

Edited on 01/12/2017 at 10:13:26 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 11, 17 1:25 AM
I don't have the game loaded on any other device so can't do a comparison. I just seems odd that I had played successfully for 5 days, with no message about different versions locally and on the server, and then it just switched back to an old version.
As things stand the game is unplayable.

After the latest problem I e-mailed the Customer Support team with full detail of what happened and when. I stated that an update was released on 5th Jan but it hasn't solved the problem.
Their response was less than helpful, simply saying "It sounds like the email I had sent on the 2nd didn't make its way over. No worries! Here it is again just in case:"
They clearly didn't bother to read what I had said, simply send out a 'cut and paste' response. How could an e-mail sent on the 2nd possibly be relevant to an update released on the 5th?
I know there is no point in reporting again via the Tech Support link, as last time I did that I got a reply saying "We know, you have already reported the problem"

Edited on 01/11/2017 at 10:58:15 AM PST

[Post New]by SunAngel1411fl on Jan 12, 17 9:53 AM
It crashed consistently through Halloween so I uninstalled it. You had informed me it was a known issue with androids you were working on. I decided to reinstall it and try again after 3 months not playing. But to my disappointment, it's still doing it. It let me finish one city and move to Mexico City and now will not load past the first Gummy Drop! load screen. It doesn't even give me an error this time. It just closes out. I'm still at 6 gb free memory internally. And I'm not just using data I'm Wi-Fi as well. With a full battery. I've invested several hundred in real cash up to the point of Halloween and I'm hoping it's not all lost or in vain. I don't want to lose the game but does this mean I have to uninstall it forever? I really am sad about that thought but it won't run. ?

Edited on 01/12/2017 at 9:55:01 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 12, 17 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues experienced with this game here. I wanted to drop by to provide some preliminary troubleshooting as well as how to receive additional help if that doesn't seem to work.

Before I continue though, I want to apologize to our players for some of the issues that have affected the game and made it unable to be played. We absolutely do not want players to need to restart their earned progress and the right teams are working on this particular issue affecting some of our players. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Ifralish, it sounds like the mailbox isn't crediting gifts when receiving them, and I apologize this is happening. My first suggestion is to see if these preliminary troubleshooting steps are able to assist because some players have been able to resolve a gifting issue by using the steps below:

General Help for Mobile Free to Play Games

If that doesn't seem to work, please be sure to contact our Support Team using the steps below for more assistance.

SunAngel1411fl, I'm sorry to hear the game is crashing consistently and that there is still trouble getting the game to run properly. If you haven't already, please contact our Technical Support Team with the steps below.

If the steps above do not seem to work or if you need to get in touch with our Technical Support Team, please contact them HERE with your in-game ID, the model of device the issue is being seen on, and what operating system version that device is running. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Also, I would like to remind our players when posting to do their best to follow the Forum Rules, specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

We request that players do their best to keep their language family-friendly while posting so that the forums can be as comfortable as possible for players of all-ages and backgrounds. Thank you for your time.

Message continues...

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 12, 17 11:29 AM
Message continued.

Thank you all for your patience on waiting for a resolution to some of the issues players have reported. The teams behind this game are working hard to resolve them as quickly as possible and as soon as the Forum Moderation Team hears more, we'll be sure to provide as much information as we can to our affected players. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 13, 17 2:57 AM
Can I please ask that a conversation is had between the Tech Team, Customer Services and the Mods for the forum to ensure that a specific statement is issued on the Forum when they believe the problem of lost progress is fixed. It seems a number of people have now resorted to only playing on tablet in 'Aircraft Mode' to prevent loss of progress.
As things stand, players just have to risk playing with an active network connection and losing all progress because the only information given on the Forum, and the download itself, is to the effect of "addressing various issues/bugs" which tells users nothing.
I appreciate that the mods don't know what the Tech Team are doing, but presumably the Tech Team know what they believe they have fixed.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 17, 17 10:24 AM
Hello keitht53,

Thank you for taking the time to provide that suggestion and for your patience while waiting on a response. I think it's a great suggestion for more details to be provided in an update's change log so that players can see what technical issues were addressed by the update. I've gone ahead and provided this suggestion to the right teams for their review. I've also made the case for it being useful for forum moderators, so that our team can quickly clarify what issues were addressed by the update.

Thank you for your time and for that excellent suggestion. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by vickicreekmore on Jan 18, 17 2:51 PM
My game won't work and has not worked since 1/10/17. Already dealt with cs. No help. Told to wait for update did that. installed update for 1/17/17. Did not help. Player since 12/2015. Game will not let me sign in.

[Post New]by vickicreekmore on Jan 18, 17 3:10 PM
I can give you the support number if that helps.

[Post New]by vickicreekmore on Jan 18, 17 3:13 PM
I have been dealing with customer support since 1/10/17 regarding my game not working. Final outcome is for me to wait for the next update. The update came out 1/17/17. My game still does not work. I have been playing since 12/2015. But now I don't play at all.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 18, 17 4:44 PM
Hi vickicreekmore,

I'm sorry to hear that the game hasn't been working correctly. I understand that you've already reached out to our Technical Support Team, however after installing the latest update for the game you're still seeing a problem.

Contacting our Support Team is definitely a good idea when a technical problem is persisting. Our Reps are always happy to help, and can provide customized troubleshooting steps, as well as pass issues along to the right teams when needed.

Making sure that the game is fully updated is certainly a good way to ensure that any new fixes or adjustments are properly applied, which can help when technical problems are occurring. However, it sounds like you're still seeing an issue in the game, and I certainly understand wanting to look into this.

Unfortunately the forums aren't equipped with the tools needed to provide in-depth assistance for glitches in the game. Because of this, we recommend replying and letting the Rep you're working with know that this issue is still occurring, if you haven't done so already. Our Support Team is certainly willing to assist as best they can.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that this information has been able to help. Please feel free to PM an active Moderators if you have any questions or concerns.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Kathleend on Jan 19, 17 8:22 PM
I have been playing gummy drop every day for at least a year- I have completed many cities and now tonight I only have Sydney available and it is not complete. How can I get my progress back?

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 20, 17 12:45 AM
Update notification, adding Hanoi.

Just received this update but there is nothing about it on the Forum. Can somebody ask the Tech Team whether this update is believed to have fixed the server sync problem? I don't want to risk playing the game and losing many days progress again if it hasn't been fixed.

[Post New]by CazaMac on Jan 20, 17 8:11 AM
Game opens on my iPhone but no longer loads up on my iPad. Have you any idea why? If I delete the game off my iPad and reinstall will it delete all my progress to date? Please help. It's driving me nuts! Thanks

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 20, 17 3:41 PM
Hi All,

I wanted to stop in here to provide help and information for these issues.

Kathleend, I'm sorry to hear that your progress disappeared in the game! When something like this occurs the Forum Moderation Team highly recommends reaching out to our Customer Support Team and including the email address associated with your profile.

Though the Forum Moderation Team would like to be able to help with problems like this ourselves, the forums lack the tools we'd need to do so. While this is the case, our Support Team can offer customized help, and will certainly be willing to assist as much as they can.

keitht53, I understand that you'd like to know whether a fix for that progress issue was included in the recent update to the game. At this time, the Forum Moderation Team hasn't received specific information about any fixes that may have been included in the new version of the game. However, I'm going to make sure to pass your inquiry about this along so that the right team can hopefully look into it further.

CazaMac, it sounds like there's been some trouble getting Gummy Drop! to open on your iPad. In situations like this it may help to try closing the background applications on the device before trying to open the game again. Steps for this can be found in the following help article, under the Game crashing, freezing, or not working section:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If this problem continues, we then recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team and one of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: