Senior Citizens sign in!!

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 4, 17 10:36 PM
Hey glitter, I didn't do Sydney for the same reason and now I'm rating the cities based on how many helping hands I end up playing to decide if I'll bother with the 100%. Also I wish I had started taking notes when I got to N.O. so can you tell me what the resource requirement is for the first monument? I will add it to my post in the morning, I have the other eleven.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 4, 17 11:42 PM
Hi GamingGrampa,

The requirement to build the first monument in New Orleans is:
1,000,000 Bricks
1,000,000 Blue Hats
500,000 Pink Gems
5 Green Gems

I will look for your post in the morning. Time for me to turn in now. Getty sleepy eyed. LOL

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
701 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 5, 17 1:41 AM
I got too curious and did the 100% San Francisco and the reward was $1342 plus 2 lightning, 2 cold fusion and 7 oasis so not a bad investment. Not a bad return for the $950 it cost me to use the last 7 helping hands. If anyone wants to know requirements for monument building I have all the details from Monaco through to Boston, plus Marrakech, Athens, Istanbul and Bangkok - not the earlier cities unfortunately.

Edited on 08/05/2017 at 1:50:59 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,354 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 5, 17 5:53 AM
I love the Boston marathon runner near level 30. I'm considering not getting him all ten of his numbers, so he doesn't vanish. 25 gems is a large reward though. The waving police officer is cute too.

Edited on 08/05/2017 at 5:54:23 AM PST

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 5, 17 6:06 AM
On almost all of the later cities, I build the monuments and complete the Intern levels. I also get the ten needed icons for the one large green gem reward and the ten icons for the one large coin reward. That is all I basically do, unless the daily challenge returns me to that city. No need for helping hands, if one has patience.

As I wait for Lima, I am topping up the resources in the 10 cities from which I ship. I have at least 500,000 of all three in every city.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 5, 17 7:59 AM
Lordkalvan, I have no intention of finishing off all the missions with the Boston marathon runner, he is just so cute and he seems so happy to be running, I had thought that too, and I really want to keep him running at least in one place in the city. You can easily make those 25 gems in Istanbul level 105-1 anyday and keep him running. Besides, the requirements of having to have loads of green gems is low now, it seems to have only been in the earlier cities that we had to stress about them. But he is also at the end of a few HH levels, which you probably don't need to even do, so even if I do the missions, I can keep him at the HH levels and never bother to do them. So far, I think he is the cutest of all the people who have appeared on any of the cities.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 5, 17 8:16 AM
Does anyone else have any notes on monument requirements for any cities that Trav3Ibird has not mentioned. If you are willing to share I would be very grateful and appreciative to anyone who would PM me with the information. I am only in New York but will be moving through the cities and it would be great to know what resources to ship before I reach the monuments as it could save me a lot of time.

If anyone has notes on the rewards for 100% completion of any of the cities as well that would be totally awesome. Thanks.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 5, 17 8:30 AM
Glitter, sorry I haven't got specific info on that, but if I were you, I would just keep shipping resources on to your current city, as soon as you get to a new city, ship to there. You will need heaps no matter what so as soon as your ships empty, and if you are playing the game, do another load. Keep emptying your resource marts if you have built them too. Thats what I did, just kept at it every time I was on the ipad. It paid off in the long run.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,354 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 5, 17 8:38 AM
I found the Boston marathon runner on an HH level, so I will keep that one and plan to finish off the 25 greens guy. It isn't hard to earn 25 greens in Istanbul or Cape Town, but I get bored easily.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 5, 17 1:48 PM
Hi glitter, I've posted the monuments list on the New Orleans help thread and just wanted to tell you to be sure to read the posts about the various tough levels, it sure helped me. I'm making notes now for Barcelona and I'll try to keep you updated.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 5, 17 1:50 PM
Much appreciated GamingGrampa. I will definitely take a look.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 5, 17 7:06 PM
GamingGramp, that list you posted on the other thread is terrific. I have never bothered to keep records like that, good on you. And Trav3lbird, you keep records too. Well done, that will help a lot of others. And Lordkalvan, yes, it can be boring playing the same level over and over for green gems, but sometimes for me, its a way to keep playing when I have nothing much else to do and if I have lost all but one of my lives, waiting for time to pass for them to regenerate, playing those 'safe' levels over and over for a while to generate the resources can be a way of playing and killing time too, then, by the time I have accumulated plenty of them, the lives have regenerated and I can go again. And by all means, gather those 25 green gems and keep the marathon runner on the HH. Good thinking. He just looks so happy to be running there, I think he could keep running forever.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
701 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 5, 17 7:17 PM
What do you all think about just posting the list of monument requirements in each of city help threads? I don't think a special thread would be appropriate but those who looked through the help threads for the city they are on would be able to find the list for that particular city only.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 5, 17 8:10 PM
thats probably the most sensible way to do it, seems straightforward to look in the city you are after info about.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 6, 17 12:57 PM
Trav3Ibird,

I agree that would be the most logical place to list the monument requirements. It would be especially helpful for people who ship resources. I know everyone's strategy is different as some folks never ship, some just play the helping hands and do the missions in each city to build the monuments and some don't care one way or the other and just wait till they reach each building stage to see what is required to build that particular monument. Personally for me knowing the requirements before reaching that stage in the levels would be helpful. If anyone has kept meticulous records as such perhaps they could assist in recording the information in each city help thread. I am not sure how wide spread the interest is to have such information placed on the forum as it is such a personal choice on how folks progress through the game whether they would use the information or not.

In light of all this perhaps a list of (if known) the rewards for intern, architect, master builder and 100% completion of the cities could also be recorded in the same place on the forum. Just a thought.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Aug 6, 17 2:27 PM
Oh yes, a list of completion rewards would be super. A while ago GamingGrampa and I were discussing Rome and its cost. Since then I managed to complete 100% and the rewards were considerably more generous (I suppose because it wasn't that easy). I think I got about 1600 coins and a pack of boosts, unfortunately I didn't make notes .

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 6, 17 2:51 PM
Yeah, I think that most people have never kept records (myself included) for completing intern, architect and master builder levels for each city. A lot of folks have never even completed all the architect and master builder levels because they are not required to progress in the game. Also not a lot of folks have actually completed the cities 100% so that information would be rather difficult to attain as well. The only way to have a complete list is if it was posted by the moderators and customer support. Not sure the developers would agree to it though. I am not sure it would even be possible to post everything for each city in the help threads for each specific city or even start a thread such as the one that exists for the best levels for resources if the players attempted to do it themselves. If folks had any information recorded at all about any of this they could go into the forum help threads for each city and post it I guess. It is a like to have but not a need to have so not sure it will actually happen though.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 6, 17 9:50 PM
Way to go, trav! You've been a busy girl today.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 6, 17 11:23 PM
Thanks Trav,

Way to go is right!!! You are the best to do this. It will be much appreciated by many.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
701 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 7, 17 11:13 AM
Thanks guys, I will try to do a few each day, only sorry I didn't record the earlier difficult cities and I will have to get a mod to unlock a few of the cities but will stick with it

UPDATE a new specific thread is being opened by the mods for me to put all the info I have in there so I will add cities as I have the time and patience to do that

Edited on 08/07/2017 at 11:27:37 AM PST

Go to: