BAPPLE
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Encouragement for those who are frustrated

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Mar 17, 17 2:46 PM
Before I start (a disclaimer) I LOVE this game. But there have been a few times that I was very frustrated. 1. Early in my MC play I would get "kicked out" from time to time wiping out a morning's worth of progress...frustrating but not so often I wanted to quit. 2. The next time was in the Cemetery. There was a ZZ there that I needed to make progress in the game. Every time I tried to do it, I got the wrong piece. I knew it was a glitch because it didn't happen in my husband's game. I made sure that the only game open was MC . That didn't help. Finally (with lots of tears) I shut down my tablet and rebooted and to my amazement that worked. Incidentally I've never played that particular ZZ again. 3. Back in the fall I didn't get credit for one of the ghosts. I knew it could be fixed, but I had to take pictures and get help and that process while easy for most was very foreign to me. Again with lots of tears and some shouting at my tablet and a lot of patience on the part of the people who could fix it, it was fixed. I was relieved but worried at Christmas but no problems that time. I tell you my story to give you encouragement to continue. Maybe there is another game out there, but I don't know how it could be better. Have fun in the castle.

Re:Encouragement for those who are frustrated

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Mar 17, 17 2:52 PM

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,572 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 17, 17 2:57 PM
When frustrated....take a break from the game and read "Ready for the special room" ---I do not recommend trying to start anywhere in the middle....even from the beginning, all the bedlam and commotion is difficult to follow -- but fun reading.

Then when your mind is totally confused (by reading the above).....skip over to Whitebutterfly's thread about the story of Midnight Castle....Midnight Castle Dialogue Story Line.

I find that I spend more time in the forum of late than in the game......

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 17, 17 11:22 PM

Thanks for the plug Anne, glad your book is selling well.

So... what's the insurance on a flying Acura?

Jenifer

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 18, 17 12:44 PM
I think the best thing you can do when you get frustrated with the game is just walk away. Go do something else. Hopefully something that makes you happy.

It will be there when you start going through withdrawals.

[Post New]by LadyMadison on Mar 18, 17 2:29 PM
Wow, can I ever relate to this! I play on an iPad mini & lost my entire game from Level 40 on Mar. 6. I didn't have screen dumps of my items, so I just sucked it up & started again. Well, just a few days ago I lost the entire game again from Level 17. At least this time I was better prepared. I do have screen dumps of my items, & I keep a spreadsheet of coins, shards, diamonds, friends, etc. I don't have all my Achievements, but at this point I can live w/o them I guess.

Right now I'm going through withdrawal as I await a response from Tech Support, hoping they can fix my game & get me started again in time for the Spring Event. I do wish there was a better designed screen for keeping track of progress within the game. It takes an awful lot of screen dumps to keep your progress as you get to the higher levels.

I miss my friends in the game. I suspect most won't know what's happened, but some will likely suspect. At least I have their ID's, so if/when I get started again I can make contact.

My iPad mini is 2nd generation; hope I'm not losing the game because my iPad is an older version. Don't think I can make it through a 3rd do-over.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 18, 17 2:46 PM
Oh no, LadyM! Not again!
Thank you for letting us know what happened - you were there one day & just gone the next. I suppose that last gift I sent you will just drift in cyberspace forever ………

I hope TS will get to you soon. Good luck!

Debora1823
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by Debora1823 on Mar 18, 17 8:04 PM
I sent you a gift too! Hopefully it's still there...

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,572 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 18, 17 9:54 PM
LadyMadison........just a thought.....have you tried to backup your iPad to the Cloud?

If you do that regularly......(close out of the game each night, leave the iPad plugged in, set up automatic backups......and it will backup your entire iPad each evening).

If you do that regularly.....maybe when you lose your game, you could try to just restore your iPad from the previous night's backup......

Maybe???? Maybe???? Sure worth a shot......and ... if you knew the player ID from that original game, tech support could get that back for you so you would be at level 40 instead of level 17.....

Crossing fingers for a good outcome for you!!!

[Post New]by LadyMadison on Mar 19, 17 6:22 PM
Thanks for your encouragement. No news from Tech Support as yet. They say they solve problems in the order rec'd, so I'm waiting & missing my friends & the game. I'll wait another week or so & then poke them again. I've no idea where I am on their list. Hoping I'm back by the Spring Event for sure.

Good idea to save to the Cloud, but I don't. I do backup to my Macbook Pro; suppose I could try to restore. Still, after losing 2 games, I'm not sure recovering the game would help; something else must be wrong. I read about people on the Forum who've played on iPads for years w/o problems, so who knows? Maybe an excuse to get a new iPad, huh? :-)

I miss you all & will be back as soon as it's possible.

Go to: