das100
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

typical?

[Post New]by das100 on Mar 17, 17 8:04 PM
i like the new update...however are the updates only a couple levels?

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
8,670 Posts

Re:typical?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 17, 17 8:23 PM
Well, hard to guess on that one.....I have a theory, but no proof.....

The game update in August (the last one prior to this one) was a pretty substantial one....we went from Level 71 to 74.... got all of Atlantis and some added ZZ in the Harbor.....

If I were going to guess.... I would say they were on track to give us another bodacious update...just a bit later on....except, they had to fix the Puzzle feature giving away the farm with the way people had discovered they could ask for the same expensive egg in all item slots.....soooooo, my opinion is that they rushed to get this one pushed out with what they thought was tested as being valid and good.......

But, because they hurried up.....there were some programming errors that were not corrected....2 Dream Catcher images in Armory......2 Cane images in White and Red Rose Bushes......4 items added to Atlantis HOSs that show up on lower level player's inventory....and usually, when you have an interactive when the HOS opens, it is there when you open it again....not so with the mushroom falling from the line in Gingerbread House....and the Crossbow shooting the arrow.....I got to shoot them once on iPad and they have never come back....but, on PC game, they sometimes come back (usually on first opening after GMT day presents).

These are just a few more ooops-so's than normal.

das100
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by das100 on Mar 18, 17 3:45 AM
ahhhh...thank you Annekkiegram...this is the first time i had to wait for an update once i hate 74 & looks like i have to wait again...i didn't rush...but i had coins & inventory built up from waiting...sigh...so i guess i'll be doing that again...sadly i didn't catch on to the oops in the puzzle section ?

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,872 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 18, 17 4:11 AM
I hope that you are right A.e.gram.
I agree with your assessment about the rushed nature of the update as it is rare that they download such basic errors as the headless Blacksmith, and especially if they do not correct them immediately.
The tournament icon changed today with a new message.
We may soon see that "things are afoot"!
So the Developers are still developing!

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,108 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Mar 18, 17 5:25 AM
Were is the crossbow ??

My mushroom fall .. maybe not every time but more than once.. I will keep an eye on it

Love the two dvarfs.. sleeping one just move hand and the other one winking

And in the museum I always poke the birds of the table for the light to shine

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,108 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Mar 18, 17 5:34 AM
Crossbow in the arsenal ofcource found it and it works.. will try again in half an hour.. the mushroom drop only one time pr. Visit.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Mar 19, 17 7:13 AM
I think you are on to something Annelliegram. I also felt the update had elements of looking rushed. Some of the artwork has a look of still being in the mockup stage -- especially the Bremen town musicians and little red riding hood. I think they look a little creepy like statues that may come to life and chase you through the castle.
I totally understand why the devs decided to move quickly to change the guess-the-hand game. I certainly did well with the eggs and I know many others did as well.

Maybe this means we won't have to wait as long for the next instalment.

MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Mar 19, 17 8:06 AM
They have been doing little bits with every update for awhile now. I don't recall there ever being an update that was very long. I think that they just don't have the manpower to do everything. If they had a group focusing just on the updates for the actual game, a group that only worked on the seasonal updates, a group that only worked on the bugs etc. I think that it would be a lot faster. My guess is they don't, they probably only have one group doing everything.

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
8,670 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 19, 17 12:59 PM
MaryM1980 wrote: I don't recall there ever being an update that was very long.

January 20, 2015 was the biggest update that I have a record of ..... we were maxed at Level 53 for some time before that, but I can't remember how long because I had not been playing the game very long....we went from Level 53 to 59

Next jump was from 59 to 61....then 61 to 63......then 63 to 65....then 65 to 66.....then 66 to 68, followed by 68 to 69.

After that came to update that removed the 100% inventory dropping and took us from level 69 to 71.......the most recent update we received was another pretty substantial one (but not quite as big as the Jan 20, 2015, update......In Aug 2016 we went from Level 71 to 74 and got all of Atlantis.

THAT was the update immediately prior to this one.....and, I still think they were planning to make this one a much larger one, just a bit closer to Spring.....but they hurried it up to get the updates to the Puzzle feature to keep players from gaining too many coins and diamonds from them.

Edited on 03/19/2017 at 1:00:06 PM PST

das100
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by das100 on Mar 22, 17 6:42 PM
thank u Annelliegram...u have have awesome info!!!

Go to: