Daxadillion
Flounder
Flounder
2,294 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: The Black Sun Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 18, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/18/2017 at 7:03:29 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: The Black Sun Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 18, 17 7:02 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Myths of the World: The Black Sun Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Myths of the World: The Black Sun Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: The Black Sun Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 18, 17 4:38 PM
Hi all! Another Myths of the World, #11 in this series. I do not have all the others, I only have 8 and not all of those are CE versions. As always, I review on the game play and seldom on the story line, as others do a much better job of that than I. The graphics in this addition aren't as well done as previous games. We have some very nice scenes and others that are a bit blurry. Some graphics are more cartoon like as well. I did notice that when the lady was mixing the potion, when she finished and stepped away from the cauldron, her head seemed to have copied itself, and was just floating where she was standing when she moved away from the pot. Then the head stayed floating there when she left the scene. Weird. Colors are bright and true for the most part. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo. The voices aren't too bad, but seem somewhat silly on some of the characters. The sound FX are pretty nicely done and can be hear throughout the demo. Music just doesn't seem to fit this game and what is happening.

HOPs are a combination of interactive lists, pairs and silhouettes. They are fairly clear and items are not difficult to find. We do have morphing items in 13 of the HOPs, so be on the lookout for them. Puzzles are not too bad, but mostly quite simple and took no time or brain power to complete. I just do not care for the "tracing" puzzle at all. There is a lot of running back and forth, but eventually we do have a transport feature show up. Didn't even bother with the map. Hint system is quite helpful as well.

Collectibles are only lizards of various colors. Most are fairly large, but are well blended into the background and not all that easy to see. I was disappointed in the lack of nice collectibles. This game could certainly have used them.

I did like this series, but this one was just very slow, to the point of me getting bored. Not much character interaction either, and no real challenge other than to try to spot the lizards. It is a pretty simple and easy to follow game. I just don't feel it is CE worthy. I often feel that the SE makes a much better game, so I will put it in my puddle and give it another shot, but I seriously doubt that I will purchase the game. Personally, I think this one is geared more toward the extreme beginner.
The devs just didn't give this one the attention it needed. I see that some have given this 5 stars, even though their review wasn't on the plus side. Sorry, I can't do that. I will only recommend this game for new beginners who just want to get a feel for this type of game, but not for anyone else. I gave this one a 2.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,257 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 19, 17 6:30 AM
I shall swim against the tide, as I often do; this game is not as good as the first few 'Myths of the World' were but it's better than the last one. I quite enjoyed the demo and having a basilisk in a game is at least something new. 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets' immediately comes to mind; the basilisk petrified several characters( including Hermione and Mr Filch's cat), so the story line here is believable (at least to Potter fans, of which I am one).

Always good graphics from this dev; it's a shame they don't put as much effort into the HOS. Simple to play but fun nonetheless. Only one mini-game caused me problems; I followed the SG exactly and it didn't work. The others were more straightforward. Collectibles are in the form of lizards, some of which are quite well hidden. They seem to be the only collectibles, at least in the demo. However there are morphs in the HOS.

The map transports and shows tasks (if you want it to) and the game is fully customisable. There are 4 modes of play and the SG seems easy enough to follow. I never have the music on so can't comment on that but the voices were reasonably well done. There seem to plenty of the usual Eipix extras.

My only complaint isn't restricted to just this game but to almost every HOPA lately. Why has it become the norm to show you the step by step solution when you choose to skip a puzzle? Once upon a time skip meant skip, not 'I'll just waste time showing you how easy this puzzle was so you can feel totally inept that you couldn't solve it' Not to mention the annoying 'do you really want to skip this puzzle?' Yes that's why I hit the skip button

Otherwise I didn't mind this latest 'Myth'. Not a patch on the first couple that were released but still not as bad a game as has been suggested elsewhere. I want to find out if the Commander gets out of the extremely perilous position she found herself in at the end of the demo, so it's a buy for me

No tech issues with the demo, which lasted an impressive 88 mins! Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Mar 19, 17 11:55 AM
I'm swimming with you, angelfish106!

I haven't finished the game yet, I have l lot of fun playing it and don't want to rush!
The atmosphere in the scenes around the mill is so mesmerising, so many new elements in game-play.
I know it has been used in other games, but this is the first game of this dev where we use the feet as well.
And the HO's are very well done. Hope I'm not spoiling too much, but the one with the brook, where items float by is one of the best I ever played!

Something else I appreciated a lot: in Options you can switch off pop-up notifications. I find them rather annoying, so I am very happy to see this option.

Now I've got to go back to the game and find morping objects, already missed two of them.

Happy Gaming!

Go to: