bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown™ - New Version Available 10/17/2008

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 17, 08 4:42 PM
We have released a new version of Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown™ on the our website. This new version allows you to skip through the cinematic scenes in the game. Customers who have purchased this game can upgrade to the new version at no additional cost.

To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown™ - New Version Available 10/17/2008

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 4:43 PM
Yeah!

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 17, 08 6:14 PM
As I promised.
Thanks to for such rapid update!

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Oct 17, 08 6:23 PM
Thank you...that was fast.

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Oct 17, 08 8:42 PM
I am playing it right now and still have had any problems with the game. I like it, it is a great and fun game I am quite a ways in the game. Thanks BFG for an update of the game so if I have any problem with the one I am playing I can uninstall and reinstall.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Oct 17, 08 10:44 PM
I just finished making this comment in another forum. I will gladly re-download to see the positive changes. To me.. this would really encourage more buyers. I'm happy that I own it. Thanks for the update ... THANKS A LOT....

[Post New]by gdavis on Oct 18, 08 9:27 AM
The problem with it zooming in and out in the Ireland portal has not been fixed ellbee. I just downloaded it again and it is continuing to do the same thing. I did get into the hole but you cannot click on anything and if you hit hint it starts the zooming again.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 18, 08 9:48 AM
Great job BF !!!!!!

That was fast too

Now I can reload the game and will buy it

I LOVE BF

My daughter -in-law went out a last week and bought the time management game Cake (?) the new one>>>> WELL GUESS she should have waited she ended up paying over $20.00 for it.

THEN

A few days late BF brought it out and she could have bought it for $6.99.
I asked why she bought early and she said that she thought BF would take longer to get the game out.

I told her BF is GREAT and they try hard to stay on top of any of the "new Games"

THANKS BF

HAPPY GAMING
PEN

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 18, 08 11:18 AM
gdavis, ellbee, we are checking what's wrong with scissors there. I think the problem is in specific PC configuration (probably video card) which we didn't test because we haven't PC like yours.

We have tested the game on many different types of PC, but unfortunately we were not able to test it on all PC in the world. Anyway we are searching for solution.

Can you send me (PM) your PC specification? Especially we need to know full name of the video card inside your PC. Thank you very much!

We'll find the solution. I promise.

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 18, 08 1:28 PM
Good news about the Ancient Castle of Ireland!

We have fixed rare problem with the secret place (hidden room), where you need to pick up the arrow and scissors. On seldom PC configurations player was not able to take these objects. It was the case just for a few players.

99.99% of players don't have this problem and enjoy the game.

Within several days we'll update version of the game on .

Thanks again for you choice and patience!

pepopsmama
Shark
Shark
11,545 Posts

[Post New]by pepopsmama on Oct 18, 08 3:48 PM
Just finished this game...it was great! I just started playing HO games recently and this one is one of the best so far...it has HO and so much more! Thanks!!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 21, 08 7:31 AM
celeryhart, I use my Windows key to move back and forth from the game to the forum. So, while I didn't have the problem...it may have been because I didn't try to use it. However, I went back in to play a second game and realized my progress in game one was not saved. Oh well, at least I'd completed the first game. I'd have been really torqued if I was half way and lost progress.
...Good luck Hope someone has an answer for you.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 21, 08 11:18 AM
Celeryhart wrote:I played this game when it first came out... then downloaded the new one.. Now I"ve noticed that I can't get out of FULL SCREEN.... I uncheck it .. click apply..... but it just refused to do it.. Anybody else having this problem...?
I noticed on this game that you have to set your display resolution to a higher number in order to play this game in windowed. You probably have your display set on 1024x768 but I think if you change it to 1152x864 or higher you will be able to see the windowed screen.

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Nov 2, 08 11:13 AM
Even doped up on drugs from surgery I managed this game and thought it was one of the best HOG ever, very unusual and had no problems. Great graphics and I must have purchased after the rebuild as I have the skip button. I hope this has a continuation because I would be first in line to buy.

[Post New]by Sally164 on Apr 22, 10 8:35 AM
Celeryhart wrote:I played this game when it first came out... then downloaded the new one.. Now I"ve noticed that I can't get out of FULL SCREEN.... I uncheck it .. click apply..... but it just refused to do it..

Anybody else having this problem...?
Don't know if anyone will read this, since the last postings are from 2008, but I also experience some problems playing this game.

Concerning: Veronica Rivers - The Order of Conspiracy

I cannot play in any way when I open it. It opens, but the window almost immediately disappear in the tray. When I try to click the game again, I get a black screen, with some flickerings and I see something, but almost cannot click any options.

I noticed that when I close my browser Firefox, the game will stay on my screen, but now I can see the message that I can't play in Windowed Mode in this resolution. Since I have a widescreen latop now, maybe that hinders the game performance, but I tried every resolution I have, and the problem will not solve. I also checked the Widescreen Option, but no solution either.

The trial version was 30 minutes over and I hadn't played any minute of it. In the Help it said to make the game compatible for Win XP (I use Vista 64 bit), but also no salvation (yet). Now I bought the game because II thought it was fun and maybe it would get better, but unfortunately not.

Anyone any tips for me?

Settings:
- Win Vista 64 bit
- 17" widescreen
- mega multi-tasking (several programs opened at the same time (i.e. MSN, Firefox, Word, Excel, Media player)
- already found out that closing Firefox resolves something.

Go to: