cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,793 Posts

red/green ---- active/inactive

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 18, 17 5:44 PM
So are the red and green indicators working correctly or not?

Re:red/green ---- active/inactive

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 18, 17 6:29 PM
Don't think so

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Mar 18, 17 6:59 PM
Don't appear to be - I had just played my feeder game and it was showing 'inactive'. I have written 'active' or 'playing' beside my name!!

lamp_post
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by lamp_post on Mar 18, 17 7:30 PM
No, they are not. When I first open they are green and then turn red and stay that way for the entire first page and quite a bit of the remainder of the pages. So sad. I do not know who I can gift. That is why I am cashing in all of my inventory and will be done with this game soon. It has taken all of my fun away. The only thing I did in the game was gift. Now I am not even sure who receives my gifts. Bummer!

I guess in a way it is a good thing because I am getting tired of this game.
Have fun in the castle.
Done at last

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 18, 17 8:51 PM
It's definitely not working correctly. I received gifts from friends today whose icons are showing red. Since I have many friends, I gift by rotation list, so I decided to gift even if they show red and then make notes of the ones who are gifting. At least this way I'll have some idea of who's playing.

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Mar 18, 17 10:40 PM

Love to hear from any of my friends if I'm showing red or green.

I change my wishlist and add little messages after my name every day or two.

That could help. All my 'red' friends have the same wishlist as before the update.

I'm sending to everyone this rotation, to test it, too.

Cheers,

Jenifer

norry6
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Mar 19, 17 5:42 AM
No they are not working properly. I've just opened one game to discover that one of my games hasn't been played for 7 days. The other is okay as they should all be. I find that the icons are affected when the day changes and lots of my friends go red then.

By the way Done at last, thank you for your gifts

Norry

Shawkn
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Mar 19, 17 9:50 AM
They are not working and I have no idea how my avatar is appearing to my friends. I have put "LtdReturn" after my game name (Sayadina) and update my wish list every day so hopefully that will help them know I am here.

BTW - Remember when we were told we would be able to click on the icon if it was green and send an IM to that player? Never got off the ground and that would be a great option to have.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,793 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 19, 17 11:40 AM
The problem is that I have not gifted some very generous, excellent friends because I just assumed the red indicator was correct ---- how could something as important as this not be taken care of immediately?

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Mar 19, 17 11:49 AM
cbtx wrote:The problem is that I have not gifted some very generous, excellent friends because I just assumed the red indicator was correct ---- how could something as important as this not be taken care of immediately?

This seems to say that if you gift someone who indicator is red, they won't receive that gift? I didn't know that.

andmaryl
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by andmaryl on Mar 19, 17 11:49 AM
I'm wondering if the red and green indicators are now on a 24 hour (or shorter) schedule instead of a 2 week schedule.

I have a friend who gifts me daily, miss a day yesterday and then went red. This morning she gifted me and She is now green.

Maybe that is why friends lights are changing on and off. (???)
It would be nice if the moderators could find out for us.

Bijou

P.S. Shawkn
I have put "LtdReturn" after my game name (Sayadina) and update my wish list every day so hopefully that will help them know I am here.

What do you mean by "LtdReturn" I read it as Limited Return.
But I'm not sure if that is what you meant.

Shawkn
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Mar 19, 17 2:57 PM
andmaryl wrote:I'm wondering if the red and green indicators are now on a 24 hour (or shorter) schedule instead of a 2 week schedule.

I have a friend who gifts me daily, miss a day yesterday and then went red. This morning she gifted me and She is now green.

Maybe that is why friends lights are changing on and off. (???)
It would be nice if the moderators could find out for us.

Bijou

P.S. Shawkn
I have put "LtdReturn" after my game name (Sayadina) and update my wish list every day so hopefully that will help them know I am here.

What do you mean by "LtdReturn" I read it as Limited Return.
But I'm not sure if that is what you meant.

You got it right...standard abbreviation for Ltd = limited. I can't guarantee that I will be in the game every day. I go in long enough to give out at least the minimum 5 gifts daily - more when I can. Play the game as time / energy permits. I check the forum every day.

Shawkn
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Mar 19, 17 3:00 PM
cbtx wrote:The problem is that I have not gifted some very generous, excellent friends because I just assumed the red indicator was correct ---- how could something as important as this not be taken care of immediately?

I have been gifting everyone (red or green) in alphabetical order unless I have seen a post on the forum from someone saying not to give or unless their wish list is empty or game name indicates "OnBreak". I don't rely on the red/green icons anymore. It hasn't caused any issues so far that I can see.

Edited on 03/19/2017 at 3:01:04 PM PST

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,694 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 19, 17 4:13 PM
If you send a gift to someone who's not playing anymore, that gift just goes to waste. And, no, you wouldn't see it. That's the problem - there's no way to tell.

Edited on 03/19/2017 at 6:46:35 PM PST

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 19, 17 6:39 PM
If the person is only gone for a day, they will get their gift when they go back into the game. If you keep track of who gifts you, and you have received a gift in the last 7 days, then they are still actively playing.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,694 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 19, 17 6:59 PM
Yes, if you receive a gift, that person is clearly active.

It's the ones who don't gift often that are impossible to tell whether or not they're still with us. I have many friends who only gift once in a blue moon, & if they go red, I have to wonder whether they are playing.

So many people have lost their game & had to get a new id. But that old profile will still be there on all their friends' games. If you send a gift to the old id, no one will ever get it. The gift would go to waste.

I think it is important to fix this.

kthreads
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Mar 19, 17 7:08 PM
I track my friends for gifting / receiving. I've been ignoring the indicators for some time now because I have people that show inactive even though we're swapping things on a regular basis. The only time I stop gifting is if I haven't heard from someone in weeks, then I hold off gifting until I hear from them again.

Most of my friends indicate when they are gone from the game, which helps a lot. And I check every day to see if they have returned and put their wishlists back up.
I'm going add "active" after my player name on both my PC games and Kindle games.

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,694 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 19, 17 7:16 PM
I'm going add "active" after my player name

I think this is helpful.
I would do so also, but I'm using that space to remind friends to change their wishlist daily. We're (iOS) still having the problem with our wishlists not being visible to our friends unless we change them every day.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
4,793 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 19, 17 8:47 PM
Paula2408 wrote:

This seems to say that if you gift someone who indicator is red, they won't receive that gift? I didn't know that.

Not really ---- just saying I see the red, so I haven't been gifting those with red indicator. But it seems that some are showing red when they should be green because they are indeed "active".

Shawkn
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Mar 19, 17 11:13 PM
kthreads wrote:I track my friends for gifting / receiving. I've been ignoring the indicators for some time now because I have people that show inactive even though we're swapping things on a regular basis. The only time I stop gifting is if I haven't heard from someone in weeks, then I hold off gifting until I hear from them again.

Most of my friends indicate when they are gone from the game, which helps a lot. And I check every day to see if they have returned and put their wishlists back up.
I'm going add "active" after my player name on both my PC games and Kindle games.

Great idea and I just added it after my name. I guess to others I would be considered "active" because I give out at least 5 gifts every day but just don't play the game itself that much.

Go to: