playmegal
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

This quest is not needed anymore.

[Post New]by playmegal on Mar 19, 17 4:48 AM
I started as a new player two weeks before the new update. I experienced how difficult it was to get amber. Then this recent blessed update appeared (sorry to the long time players who played this game before the last update). Now we all know how easy it is to get amber.

Now this game would be perfect for me if only for one thing. Drop this quest. This is a quest that commonly islanders ask for. Here is what a islander would say.
"Observers are very into art you know. I'd trade my amber and basalt for something that would look good above my couch". I really dislike this quest because: one it is difficult to to achieve and it gives you 23 hours to complete and all you get in return is more amber. And secondly it is too common for this quest to appear, like example, at one time I had three islanders asking for this quest at the same time. All I could do is wait for this quest to disappear.
Am I the only player that feels this way?

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:This quest is not needed anymore.

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Mar 19, 17 7:33 AM
Yes, I feel the same way. Before, we had lots of Basalt we didn't need, now I just have tons of amber that is taking up storage space. I am building the palace wall and all those bricks take amber, but not that much. Also, the house upgrades used to take Amber but now it is only Energy and the Stones, which are really hard to get.

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 19, 17 9:37 AM
Perhaps a large amount of amber will be needed for the palace frescoes. Only time will tell.

[Post New]by Flash58 on Mar 19, 17 9:59 AM
New to the forums so this may be in the wrong place.

Since the update a couple days ago, I've been unable to to complete the down loads due to internet connection (ok) or memory available which I have plenty of. Any suggestions since I've lost 3 days play time.

Gordon

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 19, 17 10:20 AM
Flash58 wrote:New to the forums so this may be in the wrong place.

Since the update a couple days ago, I've been unable to to complete the down loads due to internet connection (ok) or memory available which I have plenty of. Any suggestions since I've lost 3 days play time.

Gordon

Hi Flash58 and Welcome to the Forum,

You should post this in the Technical Issues thread for the appropriate device near the top of the first page of the forum and submit a customer support request if the steps provided by the moderators don't resolve your problem.

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

If you are on a PC, make sure you are using an Ethernet and not a wireless connection to the internet. Uninstall your game and then reinstall it. You will not lose your progress as it is saved in a different location. Make sure your video card driver is up-to-date and temporarily turn off your firewall and antiviral software.

Lambina
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 19, 17 1:00 PM
I play wireless and have no problem, maybe its the quality of the router or speed of the i.p, my usage is nominal when the game is running with an occasional spike.

mdpetdoc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 19, 17 1:12 PM
Lambina wrote:I play wireless and have no problem, maybe its the quality of the router or speed of the i.p, my usage is nominal when the game is running with an occasional spike.

I play wireless too and have excellent service and router but have noticed occasional update problems with this game when I download. They seem to resolve when I connect via Ethernet. It is a simple step to try and one that customer service will have you do.

Go to: