playmegal
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Oh another amber quest that is not needed!

[Post New]by playmegal on Mar 19, 17 5:37 AM
Oh too add on to the last entry I made.

Another quest that islanders ask for where ambers are offered back. I just reached level 42. Now I have the artist desk. Now today I have 3 islanders asking at the same time for 2 books or pictures (or one of each). And in return I will get more ambers!!. I DO NOT NEED MORE AMBERS!! I get all the ambers I need from the underwater dive.

Please developers drop the amber quests. I am getting too many quests at the same time that offers amber in return. These quests takes too long and difficult to achieve and too much time to do.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Re:Oh another amber quest that is not needed!

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 19, 17 6:29 AM
I always ignore any and all Villager requests that I just don't want to do. Yeah, they are annoying and continue to bug me with their "demands" but I drive on. I do not want the amber, I do not need baskets right now or papers...so bug off little villager! And no, you may not have that Jewelry Box I spent hours making just for a box of ropes. Go away little Villager...

~Linn

playmegal
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by playmegal on Mar 19, 17 12:40 PM
Yeah that is all you can do is ignore. But I have to ignore a lot of villagers of these amber quests. I we need villagers quest for other things. But oh well...lol.

Also another thing where there are now a quest (at the artist stand) that takes too long to achieve and not enough time to complete them. You would need items like the book and picture made before you perform the quest. The book itself takes 4 hours to be produce and the book 5 hours I believe. And again the only thing you get in return is amber.

slosuzy
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by slosuzy on Mar 19, 17 10:48 PM
I like the amber quests. Those and the ones that give warehouse parts or pearls are the only ones that I do. Am still in the necklace and have had to make ten of them to cover quests. Got to level up a few more times before can make books. Can make pages and palettes.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 20, 17 4:32 PM
Slosuzy, by all means, do what works for you! Some of us just have too much amber right now, and not enough storage space to keep a lot of excess. And sometimes the villagers ask for the next-to-impossible...so ignoring them is just an option for some folks. I do the villager request for Toolboxes, Rope, etc. when they only ask for simple things I have on hand or can make quickly...but again, this is just the way I play. Everyone needs to play the way that works best for them. The strategy changes as you progress, too.

Go to: