Stupid things you do in the game?

[Post New]by ToscaShops on Mar 19, 17 7:54 AM
Just for fun, I thought I'd start a thread where we could talk about the stupid D'OH! things we sometimes do in the game. I was thinking of this yesterday in particular when I was going to buy some bells but accidentally clicked on the phase watches, blowing 60 crystals for something I didn't need at all instead of 7500 gold for the bells I wanted. I'm still kicking myself. I already had 1810 phase watches. Now I have 1870. Grrrr!

The other thing I do from time to time is to forget to pick up a chest in the Runes Maze. I navigate to it, then turn around to navigate to the next one without picking up the first one. It has gotten so I go back and check the maze several times after I've finished to make sure I haven't left a chest behind.

Am I the only one who does such things?

marliza
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Stupid things you do in the game?

[Post New]by marliza on Mar 19, 17 8:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I've purchased the wrong (not the one I really wanted) "gadget" - like bells, timers, hammers, etc. - before. I don't think I've ever not gotten a chest in the mazes though, once I've navigated a clear space to get them!

One thing that I have done more often than I surely would like has been to hit the "change mode" button by mistake (instead of just "search") on a room, and even then - proceed to use cards to shuffle (strictly out of habit on that screen) - without even needing a room mode change. This frustrates me beyond belief, because I never can seem to have enough room change cards!!!! ERRRGGG!!! (LOL)

Sometimes I click on the wrong items in rooms, too - clicking on and on until I realize ... it's NOT the match BOX but the CANDY .. BOX ... that I'm supposed to be clicking on right then. ... Ugh! (and LOL again)

I'm sure there are more things I do that aren't quite perfect. God knows, I certainly am NOT a perfect being. ... WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) I come across more, I just might add them to the thread.

Happy Playing to Everyone, in spite of our human-ness (which means capacity to make errors from time to time ...). (Isn't it wonderful that God invented erasers for pencils? ... I just had to put that one in here.)

clm5457
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,387 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Mar 19, 17 9:41 AM
I remember the first quest I did was a nightmare. I bought the magic nectar to feed it and when I started the dragon I fed it the forest nuts instead! Rumbi was telling me what to do to start the dragon and was helping me the whole way thru. Not knowing that other neighbors had helped to finish it I thought she had all by herself. She told me my neighbors did it and it took me awhile to figure the game out. She was so kind and helpful when I was a newbie. Thank you so much Rumbi.

draeko1
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by draeko1 on Mar 19, 17 11:41 AM
LOL I have done all of the above especially when I don't have my glasses on. DOH!

Kinda glad I'm not the only one that has a case of a brain vacation.

Happy hunting.
Kind regards

[Post New]by ToscaShops on Mar 20, 17 5:37 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does these things.

Marliza, I do the same thing with the room change cards at time. Sometimes I manage to stop myself before I have used any cards.

JeffSteer
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by JeffSteer on Mar 20, 17 8:38 PM
Probably the dumbest thing i feel i have done playing this game is when i went to help a neighbour with their expedition & put a total of 15 in food (the fruit basket) just to hold it & then went to buy elixirs to help more since there was only 23 times to feed. I couldn't believe when after their expo came through(& i had a brown chest) that i had totally forgotten about them & didn't purchase any elixirs! I felt terrible! I obviously looked like a total cheapskate or it looked like i was being totally rude! Also the awful part about it was that i had no idea who it was since i had helped several neighbours & when an expo goes through it doesn't give you the player's name only shows a picture of their expo dragon! Because of this i couldn't even write them to explain or apologize so all i do now is keep on checking my neighbours' list to see if anyone abruptly deletes me LOL... I mean, seriously, how stupid can i be?...and looking like a meanie at the same time!!
DUH!!

Evalm
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by Evalm on Mar 20, 17 10:16 PM
I had this happen to me the other day Shelley but was slightly different ... they put 15 and 30 to hold the place whilst waiting for me to finish it off (no one else was around to feed at the time)... anybody that knows you and Jeff knows that that is NOT your style so hey, don't even think about it don't think I have ever been fed less than 5,000 from either of you xx

Zirz
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Zirz on Mar 21, 17 11:08 AM
I clicked on buy event horizon instead of magic nectar. Thank goodness it only cost 10 crystals, but at the time I had over 6,000 event horizon in my bp. I've done this a few times purchasing stuff a little too quick with my fingers. Not enough coffee, okay keep telling yourself that.

[Post New]by ToscaShops on Mar 21, 17 4:53 PM
I know a lot of things can interrupt dragon feeding, so I don't think less of anyone who only puts in a little. Every little bit helps, and sometimes real life distractions keep people from continuing.

Desp1na
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Desp1na on Mar 22, 17 3:47 AM
Once again, I clicked on "buy and help for 10 gems" !!! ... had been chasing creatures in bellows, got interrupted with a phone call, so no problem to me, I clicked away and it cost me 10 gems to chase the lion. Perhaps it's time for me to go to a safari instead ....... all part of the game I suppose

Go to: