NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

So sad but I am finished

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Mar 19, 17 5:19 PM
Well, I had to do an update from Malwarebytes and it really did bite me. I lost my Sunken Secrets where I was on level 101 and instead when I downloaded it again I got the game that I had C.S. help me with at Christmas when I got my new computer, but it took them sooooo long to get back to me, over 12 days that I got tired of waiting and decided to continue playing on my old computer, not realizing that when they combined my games that they wouldn't match, so when they finally got back to me and opened up the information I had given them I was about 3 levels ahead and didn't want to go back so I continued to play my older game.
Now with the update, my game is totally gone and I now have a game where I am on level 50 and I have lost both palaces that I had completed and also I had over 221 tickets from the events we have had, that is gone, I have none of those.
So I just wanted to leave a message here that if you follow me I play as ZOE, I will not be playing anymore.
I am not like so many of you and play several game, that's not for me but it has been so much fun and I was so looking for the next journey.

slosuzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:So sad but I am finished

[Post New]by slosuzy on Mar 19, 17 10:38 PM
Well, I had to start all over from the beginning when I bought a new computer. finding it easier this time around with knowing what to do and enjoying the changes made to the game. Now am trying to see if can finish the palace sooner.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Mar 22, 17 10:56 AM
I am so excited, an amazing player helped me get my game up and running, I can't wait to get back to it. I just hope I haven't lost to many of my islander friends.

[Post New]by shastaejt on Mar 22, 17 3:44 PM
Hooray! I was able to buy something in your market this morning!!

silver_hawk
Manatee
Manatee
3,974 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 22, 17 4:40 PM
I am so excited for you that you got your issue resolved and are back in the game.

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Mar 22, 17 6:11 PM

shazzade
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by shazzade on Mar 23, 17 4:58 AM
I know how difficult it is to start over. My computer crashed and had to be reformatted and I lost everything. I was on level 90-something and have had to start again. I am trying to be positive about it, but it is hard. The good thing is it is giving me the chance to do things differently and that is always positive. Ijust have to stop thinking about all of the event items and tickets (0ver300) I lost.

Good luck and enjoy!

Shazzade (now Island of Shazza)

Lambina
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 23, 17 12:34 PM
So I am confused why people lose their progress, I thought it was stored on the BF server? When I got a new computer I went to my purchase history and transferred my games and game manager on to my new computer, does it not work the same with the FTP games? I was not playing Sunken Secrets at that time.

silver_hawk
Manatee
Manatee
3,974 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 23, 17 3:29 PM
The save files are stored on your computer.

You have to install Sunken Secrets on your new computer. Then you have to transfer the save files over via a USB stick to overwrite the save files on your new computer.

The other option is to contact customer support with the in-game id from your original game and they can replace your new game with your old one and restore your progress. Can take a few days for them to get to it.

When you do that your new game will have a new in-game id but you will pick up where you left off.

Yes, your game can be accessed at your last save point on the servers but only CS can access that to help restore your game.

If shazzade had contacted customer support with the in-game id Customer Service may have been able to restore the game at the last point it was played. A good reason to always write down your in-game id just in case something happens.

Lambina
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 23, 17 4:04 PM
I wrote down my game ID for Sunken Secrets and then I checked Gummy Drop and Free the Witch and did not see a ID flash across the screen for those so is there a place to find it or does it only apply to some ftp's?

Lambina
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 23, 17 4:40 PM
silver hawk
Is it the version number in the settings menu for the other ones?

silver_hawk
Manatee
Manatee
3,974 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 23, 17 5:45 PM
I don't know why but both FTW and Gummy Drop do not have an in-game id (I just double checked). You would think they would. You raised a good question. Wish I had an answer.

Guess you would have to contact Customer Support for those games.

Not all games have them. Many of the other FTP games I've played have either an in-game id or at the very least a log in id that the player sets up (as in the case of Divine Academy).

When I got a new computer I just copied the save files for all my FTP games to a USB then transferred them to my new computer after installing the games. Then I picked them up where I left off without loss of progress.

It didn't matter if there was an in-game id for them or not. I've never needed to contact Customer Support for help with that. However, I understand some players don't know how to do that and then would need to contact CS for help.

The version number is only the id for the most recent update and is the same in everyone's game that is up to date.

If you want to know how to transfer an existing game to a new computer you can copy this URL into your browser. Tazruby2000 gives some very good detailed instructions in the Gummy Drop forum.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/635156.page#6333244

After you follow these instructions you'll navigate to your app data folder, then the roaming folder. In the folder titled Roaming you'll find...
Sunken Secrets in the Boolat folder
Free the Witch in the Eipix folder
Gummy Drop in the Game Forest folder

Those are the files you transfer via USB to your new computer. Do not delete them or you will lose all your progress.

Lambina
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 23, 17 6:17 PM
If your computer dies then you would not be able to copy save files to your new one so with out the in game ID then I guess you would have to start over, from now on I'm writing it down if I can find one.

silver_hawk
Manatee
Manatee
3,974 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 23, 17 9:48 PM
Lambina wrote:If your computer dies then you would not be able to copy save files to your new one so with out the in game ID then I guess you would have to start over, from now on I'm writing it down if I can find one.

Periodically I copy the files to a USB. Just in case something should happen. I at least have a recent back up which may require to do some steps over, but at least I'm not starting right from the beginning.

I only do that with games that have no in-game id. For example, Gummy Drop. I really wouldn't want to start that game over .

Sunken Secrets has an in-game id. For that I have just written it down. If I have an issue with my computer I can contact CS.

mamarose1900
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Mar 28, 17 6:55 AM
You should check with customer support. I bet they can restore the tickets you had saved up from the special events. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Go to: