MaryCricket
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

Midnight Castle is forever changing

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Mar 20, 17 6:50 PM
I just bought an ipad Pro, and downloaded a new game, to my surprise Midnight Castle starts off with a Cut Scene with a female voice saying this;

One Day I received a strange official looking envelope in the mail, It was from my uncle, Count Vesnik. He dabbled in magic and lived in a strange castle in a faraway kingdom, I hardly knew him, but he’d willed his castle to me! His advisor mentioned a strange force taking over a castle just before my uncle’s death which was sudden and mysterious. His advisor revealed a great secret about my uncle’s castle: it contains the mysterious chamber of Wishes, which grants it’s owner any desire! I set out at once, I had to make sure the Mystery Chamber didn’t fall into the wrong hands. After all, it’s mine now!

After listening to this cut scene and playing a new game, and follow the story line. I will appreciate playing this game even more.

Never had this cut scene before in the game. must of been updated with this last update.

Edited on 03/20/2017 at 6:51:33 PM PST

Annelliegram
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,578 Posts

Re:Midnight Castle is forever changing

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 20, 17 8:08 PM
The whole face of the game changed for the first 19 levels......I have recently gone through those levels because whitebutterfly54 mentioned that there had been some drastic changes.....indeed, that is an understatement.

The cost for those first levels was greatly reduced!

Oh....I forgot to add that I also updated the New Strategy Guide to reflect those changes.

Edited on 03/20/2017 at 8:08:41 PM PST

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
4,950 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 20, 17 8:38 PM
I started playing after the first ever update and that opening scene was there. (PC player).

The game never explained why we stuck around after it turned out Uncle wasn't dead. Or whether dear uncle gave us the castle when he decided to leave.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 21, 17 9:28 AM
That's really funny. I started my second game to get the storyline in August or September 2016 and I didn't have that opening.

TS, it seems from the story in the game that in the beginning you were looking for the Mystery Chamber. Then that was found, your Uncle returned, you gave him back his family. Then your Uncle was helping you find Jeronimo, but he was old and tired and just wanted a cozy place to live for him and his family. So he gave you a duplicate of his Magic Compass, wished you luck finding Jeronimo, told you to find out what the Ghostly Messenger is up to and then disappeared. So you found Jeronimo but are still pursuing the Ghostly Messenger.

And you're right, he never explicitly gave your the castle.

MaryCricket
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Mar 21, 17 10:13 AM
I do remember things, I really don't recall this opening scene, when i downloaded the game for the first time and I too started a new game back in Sept 2016 for a PC

Edited on 03/21/2017 at 10:15:20 AM PST

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
4,950 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 21, 17 10:35 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:That's really funny. I started my second game to get the storyline in August or September 2016 and I didn't have that opening.

TS, it seems from the story in the game that in the beginning you were looking for the Mystery Chamber. Then that was found, your Uncle returned, you gave him back his family. Then your Uncle was helping you find Jeronimo, but he was old and tired and just wanted a cozy place to live for him and his family. So he gave you a duplicate of his Magic Compass, wished you luck finding Jeronimo, told you to find out what the Ghostly Messenger is up to and then disappeared. So you found Jeronimo but are still pursuing the Ghostly Messenger.

And you're right, he never explicitly gave your the castle.

Well, at the beginning, when uncle was supposedly dead, we go to the castle because it was left to us in uncle's will. Drove me crazy that it was supposedly MY castle but it was filled with weird people and creatures who bossed me around and I, of course, did whatever they told me to do.

Then uncle rises from the dead, and since he's not dead, it's not my castle, but I still stick around running errands for everybody.

Is my character dumber than dirt? I do favors for everybody even though they are out to get each other. Or am I the world's biggest double (triple? quadruple?) crosser?

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 21, 17 10:35 AM
I downloaded on a laptop around Sept/Oct 2016 and I DID have this opening storyline message.

Speaking of changes, does anyone remember a long, long time ago that the Castle "scolded" you for random clicking too much? I can't remember how long ago, but it was w-a-a-y before I knew what the forum, or even BFG was

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 21, 17 11:06 AM
Somehow or other your task has evolved into saving the world, so it grew bigger than just saving the Castle. And I'm assuming since your Uncle didn't want it anymore, he gave you the Castle (or just let you keep it) and moved on to a "cozier place to live."

That's weird that some got that extended message and some didn't. I do seem to remember something about the random clicking, but then again, I can't remember yesterday! LOL

MaryCricket
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Mar 21, 17 11:14 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:I downloaded on a laptop around Sept/Oct 2016 and I DID have this opening storyline message.

Speaking of changes, does anyone remember a long, long time ago that the Castle "scolded" you for random clicking too much? I can't remember how long ago, but it was w-a-a-y before I knew what the forum, or even BFG was

I know it was not there in July 2016 - (this was my first adventure into the castle) because all I remember was the carriage rushing to the castle, then this extended opening line must have been updated near the end of Sept, and I don't remember that opening line

Edited on 03/21/2017 at 11:15:19 AM PST

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
4,950 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 21, 17 11:37 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Somehow or other your task has evolved into saving the world, so it grew bigger than just saving the Castle. And I'm assuming since your Uncle didn't want it anymore, he gave you the Castle (or just let you keep it) and moved on to a "cozier place to live."

That's weird that some got that extended message and some didn't. I do seem to remember something about the random clicking, but then again, I can't remember yesterday! LOL

There's been gnomes, werewolves, vampires, and elves all feuding with each other and I've helped all them. They all confide in me about what they are going to do to each other and I blithely go and fetch them what they need. And nobody notices that I'm helping their current enemy harm them. Maybe they're all dumber than dirt.

I like how in the opening scene, I'm dressed in late Victorian/Edwardian clothing, arrive in a horse-drawn carriage, and there's notes from the 1980's and 1990's scattered around the place. And at one point, Rustle the troll talks about connecting with somebody on Facebook.

Haven't finished the update yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if I pass through yet another portal and found myself in a free-to-play Dark Parables game.

Go to: