Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 21, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/21/2017 at 7:01:53 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 21, 17 7:02 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

beabea
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Maggie's Movies: Camera, Action! Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by beabea on Mar 21, 17 8:13 AM
I like the game, but what is up with the mouse. Why is there always a mouse to find? Can you people make a game without always having to find the mouse. Is there someone who loves mouse's? Here is a hint " let the mouse go" it well be alright.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Mar 21, 17 9:31 AM
I like the game ( and the mouse ) but do think there is far too much dialogue I know it's the storyline but found myself skipping through it . Not sure whether its a buy yet , may wait for the SE or a sale .

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Mar 21, 17 10:01 AM
I like the mouse too.

This is definitely in the Delicious/Emily family of games though I'd call it a distant cousin and not a direct relation. It's got a lot of the same features and feel but it's somehow not as charming and feels a bit clunky by comparison. It's also not as long. I suspect this will be the only version (as is the case with the newer Delicious games).
I completely agree with gillydi53 - there is way too much dialogue and that's coming from someone who always enjoys a cute storyline in these types of games. It takes a LOT of clicking to get through it all.

All that said, good TMs are hard to find and this is decent and if you like the Delicious games this has all the same look and action. I don't think it's worth full CE price but on sale I'll be buying it and I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed at that price.

Edit for further review:
I've now completed the whole game and it's a decent game overall. I'm not disappointed with it (at the sale price). It feels in most ways like an Emily game so that part's definitely enjoyable. The characters and storyline are nice enough. The music is pleasant. The gameplay was mostly smooth and appropriately challenging.
One of my biggest complaints though, is the terrible translations, especially in the bonus chapter. Would it have killed the devs to have someone who speaks English go through the whole game and make corrections?! I'd have done it for a copy of the game! Unfortunately, the atrocious translations just add to the aforementioned clunkiness. It felt like someone rushed to get it to market and didn't bother to have an editor.

Edited on 05/05/2017 at 1:34:50 PM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Mar 21, 17 6:05 PM
I also like finding the mouse. I equate the mouse to this game manufacturer's TM games, so I look forward to these games with the mouse, guinea pig (Heart's Medicine), etc.

Agree with gillydi53 that there is way too much dialogue. I sometimes will read through the dialogue but it seems slow when trying to click through the dialogue.

I might use credits to get this CE. Haven't decided yet.

julesy

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 6:53:55 PM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 21, 17 10:53 PM
I'm with everyone else; there is something rather klutzy with the game play that I can't put my finger on, a lot of dialogue but yet that is why we like Delicious and the spin-offs, goals seem to be rather unclear at the start of a level as well. Not worth a CE price to be sure, but hoping to pick up on a good members sale. I'd say A for effort but C+ on execution.

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Mar 23, 17 9:44 PM
I have all of the "Delicious" series released thru Big Fish, but this one I am not buying. The game is as most have stated; "too klutzy."

Too boring too with the movie dialog/director nonsense. I did not mind Angela's game (loved it) and the Dr Game was pleasant (the 1st one, not the 2nd); but this one is definitely not worth 2 game credits.

As a matter of fact I am uninstalling it. It does not run as smoothly as the other games.

I am disappointed, as I have been waiting for more games from the "Delicious" series.

I know they have much more on the developer's website and I am waiting for Big Fish to bring them in. This one in my opinion is a flop.

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Mar 24, 17 6:31 AM
Love this game, love the mouse, love the dialogue (I am a reader)! Thank you to the developers for a wonderful time management game. If you don't like the dialogue, just hit skip, easy enough to ignore. And it is also easy to win a level without finding the mouse, so no problem there. If you are having trouble finding the mouse, it helps to turn up volume and listen for the mouse squeaks. If you don't immediately see the mouse, hit pause game, look around, then hit continue when you see the mouse. I give this game an A+ and can't wait to see more in this line! Thank you! Great game, love it.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 24, 17 2:54 PM
Unlike most, I don't like the Delicious games as I find them too repetitive and too fast. The little I've seen of the storyline looks fairly good and the art is good, but I just can't keep up with the pace. This game, however, has enough variety to keep me interested without being so frantic that I can't finish levels (so far, anyway). I like time management games and replay many of them often, but most of the serving ones are too fast for me to enjoy. I play to relax, not to wear out my hands, but then I'm old and arthritic.

[Post New]by HLesley on Mar 26, 17 2:23 AM
NOT actually a reply to georgiarealist:

I sympathise with you re the speed of the Delicious games, by the way - I get sore wrists because I always play on Expert level and it's a tad harder and more frustrating to reach the top level points.

This is just to state (because I couldn't amend my comment or add another in the Review section) that Maggie's Movies is not really from the same stable as the Delicious franchise - it's made by a Polish cpy 'World-Loom Games' with the aid of **** Games (Dutch) (Delicious, et al), hence the similarities with the characters and gameplay. According to their web site. The cpy has affiliation? (I'm sure BF will correct me on that) with **** and Big Fish, according to their web site.

I like Maggie's Movies, in spite of the translations, and agree that the shortness of each session is a bonus. I also like the mouse addition but would have preferred it to be a relative of Carl's. He gets around that mouse.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 26, 17 4:11 PM
It's such a sad state of affairs when old Emily game boards are given over to other developers to use with odd story lines in order to make a semi-new game.

What kind of slump has this publisher reached? Every new game being designed around old game boards and even older mice.

I wonder how many different professions they can dream up for use?

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Mar 27, 17 11:09 AM
Where the heck is the walkthrough?

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Mar 27, 17 11:12 AM
Thank you Mckoehn for your advice!

mollyal
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mollyal on Apr 7, 17 2:15 PM
Challenge level 12 is the most aggravating, pointless thing I've ever seen in one of these games. I've tried a few dozen times, tried to follow directions given in posts about this level, and I give UP! There's always something wrong! I'm sick of it, and I don't care if I ever pass it. I love the Delicious games, and I actually like this one except for this level. What is the point of this level? To frustrate someone to tears so they just say "crap on this" and quit the whole game???

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on May 7, 17 6:37 PM
beabea wrote:I like the game, but what is up with the mouse. Why is there always a mouse to find? Can you people make a game without always having to find the mouse. Is there someone who loves mouse's? Here is a hint " let the mouse go" it well be alright.

ROFL.....wow....this post is hysterical because I said the same thing...like "what's up with this mouse".....lol!! Thanks for the deep belly laugh!!

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on May 7, 17 6:46 PM
I like this game too and yes I do not mind the mouse even though I laughed out loud when I saw the mouse once again in this spin off from the delicious series....this game reminds me more of one of the Fabulous Angela games.....also I find there was bunches of typos ....as if the dialog was sort of slapped together and not reproofed or something!!

Anyways all in all I like this game....and I like the story.....I don't mind reading it the whole way through the first time I play it!! It keeps my interest going!!

Just my two cents...Happy gaming all!!!

Go to: