Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Need gold? Drop chests!

[Post New]by Theorem on Mar 21, 17 1:27 PM
That's a funny event!!

Drop chests to the bottom and get their prices. You can also gain additional moves by matching the +3 tiles!

Cooldown to replay is 2h30 (at least after the first attempt) and if you can get 100 chests you have 1 day unlimited playing time on top of the goodies.

Boohoo too bad it lasts only for 1 day and it's 9:30pm already here and I have to work tomorrow and and and ... won't be able to play more than the round I just did, but I really liked that!

Good luck with getting them all!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Need gold? Drop chests!

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 21, 17 2:35 PM
Yes, this looks like fun! On the first level I got all the required chests, received earnings to the tune of 100+ x 3, and paid 200 to speed up cooldown and see what's next. The second level, however, was very difficult and I only got a few of the many chests required. The novelty is that in this case you don't lose the level, you just get fewer rewards. So for my low achievement I won some 25 coins and 150, wow, fireflies. Now I'm not sure that the first 300+ were coins at all, they may have been fireflies which I didn't notice! Now I'm waiting for the cooldown. Anyway, it's good that there are so frequent and different events!

PS. Don't forget to wear the elf suit!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 21, 17 2:41 PM
I wonder how the 100 chest target works. If the sum of all chests in the event levels is only 100 instead of many more to provide a cushion, then it will be impossible to achieve and I am already doomed as early as the second level!

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 21, 17 9:48 PM
I managed to get through 4 rounds of the drop chest event. Each level is progressively harder. Getting 3 chests out of those available per round after level 1 is pretty good. I refused to pay gold/coins for speeding up or making more chests because the gold/coins awarded in the chests isn't even close to what you spend. Its just another way to get you to use up gold/coins.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Mar 22, 17 1:15 PM
Still and all this is a great special event in that you can earn a significant number of coins without buying any boosts. And it's fun.

Cheers

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 25, 17 12:47 PM
Did anyone finish this event? I did but I had to pay dearly to eliminate cooldown. So the event was not worth it financially (as usual) but it was fun! I liked the new levels with the squeaky chests! In fact, in some cases they made you think differently. A few suggestions:

1. Replace cooldown with lives or reduce cost to 50.
2. Drop chests of all three kinds randomly instead of in sequence.
3. Drop chests in groups, not one by one, which makes it easy to get stuck early on. Also, it's more interesting to be able to choose which chest you will go after.
4. Replace firefly rewards with boosts. Those of us who have finished the current content had no use for them. So they should be replaced, at least partly.

Overall, a nice event!

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 12:52:38 PM PST

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on May 12, 17 3:26 PM

I have looked everywhere after each location. I am in Haunted Carnival. The only chests I find is in the arena after I defeat an enemy. Could you tell me a little more about their location? I have even looked in locations that do not have time bombs. I look for them after I have defused the bombs.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 12, 17 6:41 PM
dearabbi wrote:
I have looked everywhere after each location. I am in Haunted Carnival. The only chests I find is in the arena after I defeat an enemy. Could you tell me a little more about their location? I have even looked in locations that do not have time bombs. I look for them after I have defused the bombs.

Sorry, this was a special event, I'm sure it will be repeated sometime. Special events are usually just for fun, you don't earn much from them. There's one that you can try today.

Go to: