Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 25, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 6:59:46 AM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Mar 25, 17 2:04 AM
Access violation on Windows 10

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Mar 25, 17 2:10 AM
Error: Access violation at 0x63EA7C8D (tried to write to 0x05E80FE8), program terminated. Using Windows 10

[Post New]by catfish15 on Mar 25, 17 2:14 AM
I too have an access violation notice come up on windows 10. Therefore, I cannot play the game.

[Post New]by naturelover4 on Mar 25, 17 3:10 AM
I can't get the solvent that's in the chest under the bee's nest. I've clicked on it several times but nothing happens. I'm doing what the strategy guide says to do but it isn't working. I'm using windows 10. This is the second game this week that I haven't been able to play due to the game not functioning properly.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Mar 25, 17 4:24 AM
Windows 10 PC, same for me access violation

Guess what? I tried loading this game again this morning and it is playing just fine now.

Edited on 03/26/2017 at 3:16:29 AM PST

[Post New]by wiltshirecarp on Mar 25, 17 5:01 AM
Also got access violation on Windows 10

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 25, 17 6:05 AM
Same here access violation on win 10. Does not bode well

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Mar 25, 17 6:38 AM
Same issue with access violation on windows 10. Usual BF help suggestions didn't work.

teresa72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by teresa72 on Mar 25, 17 6:53 AM
Also cannot play error comes up Have got windows 10

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 25, 17 6:59 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear people are seeing these issues in the game! When someone is experiencing problems in the game, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out those help articles is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Access Violation

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

tdmj5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by tdmj5 on Mar 25, 17 8:56 AM
Here's another game I can't play . With ALL the problems I had with Windows Vista you and your games I thought well I'll get Windows 10 and have NO problems . HOW WRONG was I? Have had nothing but bigger problems and still getting you guys telling me to go to your help PAGES to fix your problems . Look I go to BF to play games not fix them ,that is your JOB . And what is with these HORRIBLE games ? You need to put better games that work or say GOOD BYE to all your customers . You think because you have sales on these crappy games that we will buy them . NOPE

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 25, 17 9:18 AM
I have Windows 10 and my PC is 8 years old. I had no problems loading or playing the whole demo.

[Post New]by sixmilecross on Mar 25, 17 1:15 PM
I was having the same problem so I uninstalled it and went back in to Big Fish and clicked on the download again. It went through that time.

[Post New]by jetsetter76 on Mar 25, 17 1:37 PM
I am having the error issue as well and it is not my PC that is the problem as I have successfully downloaded and played two other games from your site today.I checked that my DirectX and all my settings are current and have tried to download and install this game three times with no success.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 25, 17 4:00 PM
I am the same as Rob Blake as I have Windows 10 and haven't experienced any problems. I am almost to the end of the game with no issues at all.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Mar 25, 17 5:11 PM
I have Win 10 pc & when I first tried to open this game I received a 'Access Violation' error message but when I tried to load the game again (I'd forgotten to write the error code & wanted it), the game loaded perfectly! I tried another 3 times & each time the game as loaded/opened with no problems *shrug*

Kam

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 25, 17 6:43 PM
Add me to the list of those using Win 10 who got the initial Access Error Violation message. I will try again, but only once, before I decide if it's worth my time to fix an issue that the devs or BFG should have debugged in the first place.

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Mar 25, 17 8:12 PM
kaz85802 wrote:Error: Access violation at 0x63EA7C8D (tried to write to 0x05E80FE8), program terminated. Using Windows 10

I had this, too. Also on Windows 10.

I tried deleting and reloading the game, but that didn't help. Neither did rebooting my laptop. PC, not Mac.

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 8:14:59 PM PST

[Post New]by RedRidingHood48 on Mar 25, 17 11:52 PM
TL;DR - also had access violation on windows 10. Setting compatibility mode for windows 7 worked for me.

I was also getting the access violation on windows 10 when I downloaded and attempted to play the demo. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine until I purchased the game and then attempted to play it, and once again gave me the access violation. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall a couple times to no avail. Then I tried to run the game as an administrator as suggested by this BF article:

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168

I followed the instructions for windows 10 (obvi) and it did not work. I played around with the compatibility settings in the same file and what worked for me was to set the compatibility mode to run for windows 7, but not as an admin.

Hope this helps some people!!

Edited on 03/26/2017 at 9:21:04 AM PST

Go to: