Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 25, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 6:59:42 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 25, 17 2:22 AM
A few things. The story seems it could be interesting, but the instructions are worded badly, and those without experience are probably not going to know what to do. Mixing the unfreezing potion was frustrating, and I'm an experienced player. I don't like the hit or miss type action of the game. The gear icon which we are used to seeing when another item is needed, is now SOMETIMES used as the hand icon, sometimes not. In the puzzle where we are supposed to find the 3 symbols, nothing shows us when we need to move something to see behind it. And this is on the casual setting. So you basically just have to randomly click around. The pace of the game is a bit slow. Mostly because you lack information as to what to do next. And we usually get 90 minutes of demo time, or when you reach a stopping point in the demo where it says you have finished the demo. My demo timed out at 60 minutes in the middle of a puzzle and exited me out of the game. The graphics are pretty good, But the weirdness of the game makes it a NO buy for me.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 25, 17 6:08 AM

Thank you Squirrelgirl Maybe I was lucky hat I got an access violation when I tried to load it.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Mar 25, 17 6:18 AM
I like this game. I had no problem with the potion. I think this game does a little less hand holding and is good for those who like to do a little discovering on their own.

Just finished playing. It's one of those where you have to solve puzzles while the bad guy is attacking you, which always distracts me. Other than that, I liked it. It wasn't as predictable as some games can be, the artwork was nice. A few little language glitches but nothing that seriously affected play. A nice way to spend an afternoon!

Edited on 03/25/2017 at 1:37:05 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 25, 17 6:56 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Queen's Quest III: End of Dawn Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 25, 17 4:25 PM
Hi all! We have another addition to this series. As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the rest to others. The graphics seem somewhat old school in a way, but still very nice, very clear, with no noticeable blurring. The colors are bright, clear and very nicely done, but not over-done. Animation is exceptional, with eye movements and all. I didn't see any choppy movements either. Game play was very good, with no problems during the demo and the scene fit my large screen very nicely. Voice overs are nice and are age and character appropriate. Music was quiet and mostly soothing until something was about to happen, then picked up. Sound FX were pretty nice as well. During the beta, there were very few, so they must have listened to suggestions. We do obtain a helpful fairy, but she really isn't used that much during the demo. You also have an amulet to ward off evil...that was boring for me.

HOPs are quite well done. We have a nice variation of interactive lists, straight lists, and silhouettes. I also found one morphing item in one of them. Unless I missed it, I did not see that you could switch to something else, if you got bored. Puzzles are very simple and took no time or thought to complete. Hint system is quite helpful, but it does not transport you to longer locations. Again, you don't really travel great distances at a time. I did note that you had multiple things to accomplish in each scene, so back-tracking was far less than in most other games. I didn't care for the map at all, very bland, but it was helpful since we do not have the transport. SG is the standard and does show you where all the collectibles are found. We also have very simple story boards, which I found to be quite boring. This game moved very slowly.

Collectibles very easy to see, plenty large and colorful, with no challenge to find them. We have to find 42 crests, 16 hats of various shapes, and 8 ghosts that really stand out in a scene. Somewhat disappointing and too simple.

This game is not challenging and the story is nothing new. As I said, it moved very slowly, but I stayed with it to the end, hoping it would pick up. It did not. I was rather surprised when the game just suddenly ended in mid sentence and without warning. This is definitely geared to the beginner and not for a seasoned gamer. I'm not even sure this would make a good rainy day game and I really don't feel it is CE worthy. I will recommend this one for beginners, but it just isn't for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 25, 17 8:13 PM
I agree with much of what dancemom1 said. I don't care for how the devs seem to plop realistic heads on mostly computer generated bodies, as they seemed to do with the Headmaster character. I liked the HOPs, but not many of the puzzles in the demo. The game is not much of a challenge, which is not helped by its slow pace and tired storyline. The very abrupt ending of the demo time, which seemed to be much shorter than the usual time for a CE, coupled with the initial tech issue, pretty much made this game a no buy for me.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 31, 17 6:10 PM
I'm not a hard person to please when it comes to games! & I really like fairy tale like games, but this game took me a while to finish because it wasn't all that! Theirs so many ways it could have been better! All I can say is it was OK! don't know if Devs are just pushing games out there to quickly or what! But playing my older games I seem to enjoy them more!

[Post New]by clee22 on Apr 3, 17 3:36 PM
Either I am losing my marbles or a large part of the Bonus chapter is identical to the main game. I tried unloading and loading but the sequence did not change. I've played probably 100 BF HO games and never experienced this before. Very unhappy about this.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Apr 11, 17 1:30 PM
I also agree with some of dancemoms comments. I play expert levels and usually custom options in my games. This is a slow game, sometimes not intuitive and sort of a "herky jerky" scene. Sometimes you can move on from some of the dialog and sometimes not. I do not turn on my speakers so don't know about sound. May be a game for regular purchase but in my opinion, not necessarily worth a collectors price. Sorry not a purchase for me.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jun 29, 17 6:46 AM
I enjoyed the main game quite a bit. It wasn't particularly challenging, but it was fun to play & loaded w/ charm, which I admit to being a sucker for...I also enjoyed the humorous bits w/ the peddler. That said, I found the bonus chapter so disagreeable I didn't finish it. I exited in the middle of a very junky junk heap that I was visiting for the second time, & don't expect to ever go back & complete it; there's just way too much of a drop in the quality of the gameplay & the graphics. I'm still okay w/ having gotten the CE because I got it for cheap & did enjoy having the collectibles in the main, but if I'd paid full price, I'd be pretty unhappy. For this reason, I'd rate the SE version four stars, but the CE only three.

Go to: